PDA

View Full Version : Booking flights for 2013

Neu75
30th April 2012, 15:40
Hello,

Can anyone suggest the best airline or travel agency for booking a flight to the Philippines in 2013?
Is booking in advance better to get the best deal?

Thanks.

Dedworth
30th April 2012, 16:29
Hello,

Can anyone suggest the best airline or travel agency for booking a flight to the Philippines in 2013?

We generally have a look around but more often than not stick with

http://www.pic-uk.com/en/

Is booking in advance better to get the best deal?

I doubt if there are any special deals as far ahead as 2013 - I'd assume they only start doing decent prices when they realise the seats aren't filling as quickly as they want

Neu75
30th April 2012, 17:50
Thanks for the reply.

irishman12
2nd May 2012, 13:42
best as in what terms? have flown lots of different airline to manila ,check out emirates -flying with them in a few weeks -have a look at skyscanner to have idea of prices -month of travel will have factor in pricing .

zaxy
2nd May 2012, 20:57
I always book my flights from netflights and agoda find they sometimes have the best prices :)

andy222
2nd May 2012, 21:25
Emirates prices are scandlous at the moment £1200 to manila? they can spin on it.

Arthur Little
2nd May 2012, 21:26
Hmm ... :rolleyes: ... this is a thread that might be worth my while keeping an eye on from time to time, in order to get a rough :idea: of any decent flight deals available ... as my wife and I intend revisiting the Phils during 2013.

stevewool
2nd May 2012, 21:47
we booked our flights a good 11 months before we flew, and was so pleased with the price and the time we flew also

Terpe
2nd May 2012, 21:50
Hmm ... :rolleyes: ... this is a thread that might be worth my while keeping an eye on from time to time, in order to get a rough :idea: of any decent flight deals available ... as my wife and I intend revisiting the Phils during 2013.

WooHoo Arthur, that sounds great. :Jump:
My personal advice keep checking prices. I have a weekly record and watch trends have done for ages. Just for fun. Doesn't take long and is a good indicator.

Incidently, I've done the same for exhange rates (Peso/Dollar/Euro).

tiger31
2nd May 2012, 21:57
ive flown to cebu 3 times and asiana have been the cheapest each time can,t fault them booked with dialaflight.com

Arthur Little
2nd May 2012, 22:43
WooHoo Arthur, that sounds great. :Jump:
My personal advice *keep checking prices. I have a weekly record and watch trends have done for ages. Just for fun. Doesn't take long and is a good indicator.

Incidently, I've done the same for exhange rates (Peso/Dollar/Euro).

*Will do ... :68711_thanx:, Peter.

And I'll also be keeping a watchful eye on the exchange rates. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Neu75
3rd May 2012, 23:27
best as in what terms? have flown lots of different airline to manila ,check out emirates -flying with them in a few weeks -have a look at skyscanner to have idea of prices -month of travel will have factor in pricing .

Best as in price.
People book early sometimes but it seems very expensive to do that now :NoNo:

stevewool
4th May 2012, 08:22
with the tickets we brought in feb to fly out in dec we saved over £3000, yes we could have got differant times with the airline and not a chance i would have paid that amount too, but to fly out over xmas and new year for £555 with cathy i think was a very good price to pay, leave that amount in your bank for 11 months what intrest would you get:rolleyes:

irishman12
4th May 2012, 10:04
Ive booked 2 trips now up to 6 months in advance ,-flew with singapore airlines before for only around 450 euro,which is nearly half of what regular airfare is .Last year flew with Ba to hong kong and then took cebu pacific to manila -had a day in hong kong to explore on way home.

Neu75
4th May 2012, 18:33
Ive booked 2 trips now up to 6 months in advance ,-flew with singapore airlines before for only around 450 euro,which is nearly half of what regular airfare is .Last year flew with Ba to hong kong and then took cebu pacific to manila -had a day in hong kong to explore on way home.

Hello irishman12,
Can you tell me the travel agency you used please?

Neu75
4th May 2012, 18:34
with the tickets we brought in feb to fly out in dec we saved over £3000, yes we could have got differant times with the airline and not a chance i would have paid that amount too, but to fly out over xmas and new year for £555 with cathy i think was a very good price to pay, leave that amount in your bank for 11 months what intrest would you get:rolleyes:

Hello stevewool,
Can you tell me the travel agency you used please?

stevewool
4th May 2012, 21:33
booked it straight with cathy pacific through there web site

irishman12
4th May 2012, 22:32
Also booked most of my flights direct with airline -try signing up to their newsletters-will get e-mail when they have sales or keep check on skyscanner.net