PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer money to BDO bank account ?

grahamw48
30th April 2012, 11:35
I want to send some cash to my fiancee in Singapore.

Before she went there she opened a BDO bank account in Manila and she has given me the number of that account.

Can I transfer money from my bank here (online banking) directly to her account, or do I need to use a different method ?

Cheers.

Dedworth
30th April 2012, 12:03
Graham - my understanding is that if you do it from your UK bank you will be hit by rip off charges ie I've just checked Santander and its £25.00. You are probably best signing up to a Philippine Money transfer outfit like CBN Grupo Net London - you then pay the money to them via Faster Payments or Debit Card costing you nowt and they transfer it at their much more reasonable rate

http://www.cbngrupo.net/index.html

lordna
30th April 2012, 13:13
Graham, We regularly transfer money to my wifes BDO account in the Philippines or her sisters account by using PNB Europe (Philippines National Bank). The charge is normally £5.50 but may be more for large sums. Once setup its very very quick and as far as i am aware about the cheapest way to transfer money to the Philippines.

Before that we were using a Caxton money card but then the banks in the Philippines introduced an extra 2.5 percent charge for using it at an ATM. Hope this helps the PNB website is
http://www.pnbeurope.com/

Moy
30th April 2012, 14:29
i have a BDO Account..at the same time has a UK bank account..but to transfer funds to my BDO Philippine bank:doh cost me 20 pound every transaction:doh:cwm24: from my UK Account..i didnt bother..so ive chose to send remittance to my mum to put cash on my BDO account:D

mary_drew
30th April 2012, 15:39
my hubby transfer money to my BDO kabayan bank account through worldremit. takes one day to receive the money.

i think charges are more when you transfer directly from a Uk bank. we did bank to bank transfer before and received lesser amount than the amount we expected.

raynaputi
30th April 2012, 15:43
we use Paypal to do that and the money is usually transferred after 2-4 days..although BDO would charge Php200 for processing.

I think others here have used WorldRemit and it has a direct transfer from your bank to BDO accounts..

Moy
30th April 2012, 15:58
we use Paypal to do that and the money is usually transferred after 2-4 days..although BDO would charge Php200 for processing.

I think others here have used WorldRemit and it has a direct transfer from your bank to BDO accounts..
AHA..thats cool rayna:xxgrinning--00xx3: i been using worldremit and am thinking if possible to do it until ive just read your reply maybe worthy to try:rolleyes::Jump:
and have you got idea how much does it cost in doing this transaction..:)

raynaputi
30th April 2012, 16:04
AHA..thats cool rayna:xxgrinning--00xx3: i been using worldremit and am thinking if possible to do it until ive just read your reply maybe worthy to try:rolleyes::Jump:
and have you got idea how much does it cost in doing this transaction..:)

I'm not really sure Moy, coz I've never used it..but others here have used WorldRemit.. Keith and I prefer the Paypal transfers..:D

grahamw48
30th April 2012, 16:11
Thanks everybody !

I'll look at all those methods. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mary_drew
30th April 2012, 16:19
how much does it cost in doing this transaction..:)

hi moy :). my hubby transfer money to my BDO account using worldremit. i think for small amount about 100 GBP. it will only charge you 4.99 GBP.

Moy
30th April 2012, 16:39
hi moy :). my hubby transfer money to my BDO account using worldremit. i think for small amount about 100 GBP. it will only charge you 4.99 GBP.

thanks for the reply mary_drew:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
30th April 2012, 16:40
Thanks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

'Small amount' :cwm24:....hey, I'm a Yorkshireman ! :icon_lol:

Dedworth
30th April 2012, 16:45

:confused: I don't get the logic behind accepting the charges on "Small amounts" £4.99 on £100 is 5% in my book - why not transfer say £400 at less frequent intervals then the £4.99 is only 1.25%

andy222
30th April 2012, 16:53
Graham, We regularly transfer money to my wifes BDO account in the Philippines or her sisters account by using PNB Europe (Philippines National Bank). The charge is normally £5.50 but may be more for large sums. Once setup its very very quick and as far as i am aware about the cheapest way to transfer money to the Philippines.

Before that we were using a Caxton money card but then the banks in the Philippines introduced an extra 2.5 percent charge for using it at an ATM. Hope this helps the PNB website is
http://www.pnbeurope.com/

I was told no charge for using the caxton card.:doh

mary_drew
30th April 2012, 17:20

ahihihihihi :icon_lol:... coz i have read others here send large amounts than that so i used the term small amount :D. ahihihi... guess i should just omit the word small :doh.... though that amount is also not a "small amount" for my hubby. as he sends me smaller amount :D.... but hes not from yorkshire :D

Dedworth
30th April 2012, 17:21
I was told no charge for using the caxton card.:doh

You are correct Andy ............Caxton clearly state no atm fee - this is probably a rogue bank charging, if people have been hit with a fee they should take it up with Caxton see my post #47 http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/37605-Using-money-cards-in-Phils/page2

grahamw48
30th April 2012, 18:05
:confused: I don't get the logic behind accepting the charges on "Small amounts" £4.99 on £100 is 5% in my book - why not transfer say £400 at less frequent intervals then the £4.99 is only 1.25%
Depends how urgently they need money and how much you have to spare...and I aint married...yet. ;)

stevewool
30th April 2012, 20:10
i did it into ems account when she was in the phils, with western union, you pay a fee but this fee also includes the charge that there bank with charge too, and as long as you pay cash you will not get any charge from your bank:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
30th April 2012, 20:36
You are correct Andy ............Caxton clearly state no atm fee - this is probably a rogue bank charging, if people have been hit with a fee they should take it up with Caxton see my post #47 http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/37605-Using-money-cards-in-Phils/page2

Thanks Dedworth I will let you know when I come back.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
30th April 2012, 20:42
i did it into ems account when she was in the phils, with western union, you pay a fee but this fee also includes the charge that there bank with charge too, and as long as you pay cash you will not get any charge from your bank:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, WU is easy enough, and in the past I've used Moneygramme and even set up a special bank account with a debit card sent off to the recipient to use, but sadly my fiancee it would appear is practically a slave in the house and just does not have time 'off' to find and make the trip to a WU place near enough to where she lives. :NoNo:

Smurfette07
1st May 2012, 14:06
I send money to the Philippines BDO using LCC money transfer, theres a branch i go to in Leeds, and the charge is pretty good.. transaction charge is only £5 but i was told that there is additional charges if sending more than £1000.
money's transferred and ready the next day. i like having a tracking number because it actually tells you that the money you've sent is in the bank and is ready for pickup..

this is the site where i check

https://www.bdocashcard.com/rts/remitinquire.asp

oh just though i would post it up..:)

http://remittanceprices.worldbank.org/Country-Corridors/United-Kingdom/Philippines/:icon_lol:

grahamw48
1st May 2012, 16:28
Thanks Smurfette. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Leeds is only 30 mins from me.:)

Oh, and where is the branch in Leeds..which road ?

Dedworth
1st May 2012, 17:00
Don't the Yorkshire Bank do any good deals for the locals Graham or did that all stop when the Aussies bought 'em ? :D

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/75/29/1752982_755bbf6c.jpg

grahamw48
1st May 2012, 17:06
Don't know...think they closed my account 30 yrs ago. :Erm:

grahamw48
2nd May 2012, 21:17
Update:

I've gone with OrbitRemit (New Zealand based).

I can transfer funds straight from my bank on-line into my lady's bank in Manila (for which she has an ATM card).

First 2 transactions free of charge.

So far so good. :)

Moy
2nd May 2012, 21:30
Update:

I've gone with OrbitRemit (New Zealand based).

I can transfer funds straight from my bank on-line into my lady's bank in Manila (for which she has an ATM card).

First 2 transactions free of charge.

So far so good. :)

any links for that Graham..and how long it takes to trasfer the money to your gf bank account..if i rem she has BDO bank account?? as im thinking to use it as well to put some money directly from my UK BANK account to my BDO ACCT.(ph bank account):rolleyes:

grahamw48
2nd May 2012, 21:39
Depends on your UK bank Moy.

Some faster than others (explained on their site). 1-3 days.

I don't have the link this minute, but just put OrbitRemit in google.

I chose them because of the positive reports on a comparison site.

Yes, she has a BDO acct.

Moy
2nd May 2012, 21:41
ah..thanks graham..no probs:)

han
8th May 2012, 06:51
:Wave: Hello everyone,

Was 'bout to ask how to send money in Mindanao 'till i found this post.
I've been sending through Money gram here in Berwick-upon tweed, and i must admit it's quite expensive £9.90 every transaction.
So I am looking for any means to do it.
My mother in Mindanao has PNB account- only, but I don't know where to send money here in the UK if i will do bank to bank- we use RBS.

Thanks...

grahamw48
8th May 2012, 11:34
Try OrbitRemit.

They deal with a range of banks, plus different methods of delivering the cash.

Apparently my transaction (all online) went through ok, and was free of charge.

They have a freephone number if you have any queries, and yes they did phone me back when I needed some help. :)

Actually, £9.90 doesn't seem too bad, depending on how much you send.

Smurfette07
8th May 2012, 12:18
Hi graham, its in harehills.. try calling this guy Mr. Lowell Daluz, he's the one who manages the store and money transfer..

tel: 01132407285
mobile: 07407166892

lykayu01
8th May 2012, 12:30
i agree CBN if its BDO..... all around UK and anywhere...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th May 2012, 12:51
Hi graham, its in harehills.. try calling this guy Mr. Lowell Daluz, he's the one who manages the store and money transfer..

tel: 01132407285
mobile: 07407166892

Thanks Smurfette. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

han
8th May 2012, 13:26
:Wave: grahamw48

thank you for that info.
i am reading the Orbitremit website now..
will consider this, ...

Leen
8th May 2012, 14:20
my hubby used to send money by moneygram,after reading about worldremit here i convinced him if he could try and obviously he like it coz it's much cheaper and less hassle for him.:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

irishman12
8th May 2012, 16:44
Hi han ,this is my post on another forum -hi all -here in ireland we use a filipino company called lagura enterprises to send to most bank account -we just lodge the money in bank here and then next day or two will be in phils ,but dont think they are in uk .My friend in scotland uses this company http://www.cbngrupo.net/ -was thinking of using them until lagura reduced their rates for sending ,anyway luckily we did most of our transactions when rates were a lot higher than now .-weve been sending to mindanao mostly -anyway check out cbngrupo

han
8th May 2012, 17:27
:Wave: Leen..
yes been reading that as well.

:Wave: irishman12
thanks for the link...

irishman12
8th May 2012, 17:59
no problem -where in mindanao ?.

han
9th May 2012, 06:51
:Wave:

irishman12:
it's in Surigao del Sur.

irishman12
9th May 2012, 11:12
ok thanks -havent been to that area yet -but hopefully will get to see some in a few weeks -maybe a davao -bislig -hinuatuan trip .

lykayu01
9th May 2012, 23:11
hi everyone me and my husband uses CBN grupo and rate is good as money is safe and ofcourse fast as when i was in the philippines BDO is connected at CBN grupo so no hassle and worries ... :) we are now happily together living here in Northern Ireland, UK...:):):):xxgrinning--00xx3: