PDA

View Full Version : SAMPLE LETTER OF INVITATION FOR MY FIANCEE

dave
30th August 2005, 03:17
CAN ANYONE SEND ME A SAMPLE OF INVITATION LETTER FOR THE FIANCEE VISA,WE ARE NOW ON THE MIDDLE OF PROCESSING OF OUR DOCUMENTS.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

DAVE

ginapeterb
30th August 2005, 05:01
Originally posted by dave@Aug 30 2005, 02:17 AM
CAN ANYONE SEND ME A SAMPLE OF INVITATION LETTER FOR THE FIANCEE VISA,WE ARE NOW ON THE MIDDLE OF PROCESSING OF OUR DOCUMENTS.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

DAVE

Quoted post

There is no such thing as an invitation letter Dave, not sure what you are referring to, you can write a covering letter giving an overview of your relationship with the applicant, but as the sponsor, your input is limited.

Your fiancee will be required to apply for UK entry clearance as a Fiancee of someone settled in the UK, and the information for that is on the forum is you look, in the Courting and Relationships section, or the British Visa section, there is no such thing as a invitation letter.

Your Fiancee will then be required to be interviewed by a UK Entry Clearance officer to establish the nature of your relationship and other matters, if you have not done this as yet, suggest you start getting prepared, it is not a formality.

Hope that helps.

Admin
30th August 2005, 08:58
Dave is your CAPS LOCK glued on?? Or do you just like SHOUTING at us? :huh:

dave
30th August 2005, 10:13
thank you it was glued on..u definitely right.

regards
dave

Admin
30th August 2005, 21:34
I was cowering in the corner...... :mellow:

bobfe
7th March 2006, 06:58
I am rather surprised at the replies to this query.
If there is no such thing as an invitation letter then why does the British High Commission in Manilla request one on its application check list?

At this precise moment I am in process of trying to get a visa for my filipina fiance and the invitation letter is one of the thorny issues. If anyone can point me to an example Id be very grateful

Bob

ginapeterb
7th March 2006, 10:02
Originally posted by bobfe@Mar 7 2006, 05:58 AM
I am rather surprised at the replies to this query.
If there is no such thing as an invitation letter then why does the British High Commission in Manilla request one on its application check list?

At this precise moment I am in process of trying to get a visa for my filipina fiance and the invitation letter is one of the thorny issues. If anyone can point me to an example Id be very grateful

Bob

Quoted post

Bob,

I can repeat to you, there is no such thing as a letter of invitation, a letter of invitation refers to a non-settlement application for tourist bona fida status in the UK, you state you are applying for a marriage visa, fiancee visa actually is not the correct term, although its referred to as such, however, the fiancee visa should be termed 'marriage visa'.

Marriage visa's to enter the United Kingdom are specifically for that purpose, and not for any other, such as visiting to get an idea of how the country is etc etc, marriage visas, are issued for 6 months only, and during this time the foreign applicant must marry in the UK.

Their is also no British High Commission in the Philippines since, the Philippines is not a commonwealth country, (sorry to correct you on this one, but we need to get the facts right for others on the forum).

With regard to the letter of invitation, in your case, it would be a covering letter stating the overview of your relationship with the applicant.

perhaps I can send you to : http://www.british-filipino.com to gather the information that might help you.

Also for an example of a covering letter, eljohno is pushing it around on the forum at the moment, in answer to another post, so have a look around.

Pete