PDA

View Full Version : Which of these?

Ako Si Jamie
28th April 2012, 22:47
Fingers crossed, I'm off to Boracay for the first time in June and have shortlisted a few places that I could stay at which are within my price range and aren't too rowdy.

So which of these would be the best value in your opinion or which one would you most likely to stay at? For me all have pro's & cons. Poll to follow.

All have AC, balcony, shower and TV as standard. Prices are per room per night.
Descriptions are from www.myboracayguide.com

Azul Boracay

1800 PhP
Station 1
Laundry
Microwave
Agoda.com rating 5.7/10

Situated in tranquil Boat Station 1, and ideally located just a minute away from the world famous Boracay White Beach - combining convenience with a peaceful atmosphere and a spectacular view of both sunrise and sunset from the private roof deck. Azul was built in a beautiful, traditional Greek style and consists of 6 rooms, offering exclusive service in a great environment complimented by spectacular views. The rooms have spacious bedrooms, bathrooms and a kitchenette with modern and clean line equipment and décor.

Jay Jays Club

2200 PhP
Station 1
Swimming Pool
Fridge
Ocean view
Trip Advisor rating 4/5
Rank 37/98
*Rumour has it you need to climb 80 steps to get to it.

Jay-Jays Club is a hill top resort with amazing views of Boracay White Beach and Panay Island. Known for its peaceful and relaxing ambiance, this resort is just a 2 minute walk to White Beach and around 10 minutes to D'Mall, the restaurant and shopping center of the island. Reasonably priced rooms and excellent facilities give you good value for your money.

Roxon Appartments

2200 PhP
Station 3
Kitchen
Laundry
Booking.com rating 7.9/10

Roxon Apartments is just a minute walk to the famous White Beach. These beautifully appointed apartments are fully furnished and come with entertainment system, kitchen, as well as hot & cold shower. The apartments have been built to western standards under the supervision of an Australian registered builder. The hotel has a generator, WIFI and a rooftop with barbeque pit and ocean view.

Tonglen Beach Resort

1850 PhP
Station 3
Swimming Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
*Further away from the beach than the others
Trip Advisor rating 4/5
Rank 41/122

Tonglen Beach Resort is a recommended and good value resort located in a very peaceful and quiet garden area, with access to both the beach and to the main road. The resort has a swimming pool, restaurant, and plenty of seating and lounge space. Tonglen has a clean, tropical, Filipino feel to it.

lastlid
28th April 2012, 23:05
Check out Willys Beach Club Hotel. We stayed there one time. Near the iconic Willys Rock. On the beach. Its in MyBoracayGuide.

http://www.myboracayguide.com/resorts/boracay-hotel-Willys-Beach-Club-Hotel-197.html

2nd time around we stayed at Boracay Regency which was very nice but more expensive but it was our honeymoon.

http://www.myboracayguide.com/resorts/boracay-hotel-Boracay-Regency-159.html

We went in April and June. Should be a bit cheaper in June.

Ako Si Jamie
28th April 2012, 23:22
Check out Willys Beach Club Hotel. We stayed there one time. Near the iconic Willys Rock. On the beach. Its in MyBoracayGuide.

2nd time around we stayed at Boracay Regency which was very nice but more expensive but it was our honeymoon.

We went in April and June. Should be a bit cheaper in June.On the main page the price was 3,550 PhP which was above my price range so I ignored it but I've clicked on the room rates and for June a standard room is 2,600 PhP. Got a restaurant too which is a plus. What's the grub like? :hubbahubba:

stevewool
28th April 2012, 23:24
try oceanbreeze i did enjoy my time there, we was at fairways at blue water the week before, yes very nice, but to me oceanbreeze was just as nice, no pool just value for money

stevewool
28th April 2012, 23:25
what week are you looking at going jamie

lastlid
28th April 2012, 23:25
On the main page the price was 3,550 PhP which was above my price range so I ignored it but I've clicked on the room rates and for June a standard room is 2,600 PhP. Got a restaurant too which is a plus. What's the grub like? :hubbahubba:

I enjoyed it. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Right on the beach too.

Its end of season come June, so the prices start to come down. We went around June 15th.

Ako Si Jamie
28th April 2012, 23:31
what week are you looking at going jamieLeaving here 8th June probably.

Ako Si Jamie
28th April 2012, 23:34
I enjoyed it. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Right on the beach too.

Its end of season come June, so the prices start to come down. We went around June 15th.
What was the weather like? Does it rain much in June? I hear August & September are the worst for rain.

Ako Si Jamie
28th April 2012, 23:41

http://www.myboracayguide.com/resorts/boracay-hotel-Willys-Beach-Club-Hotel-197.html

We went in April and June. Should be a bit cheaper in June.
It's got a good write up on Trip Advisor. Ranked 8 out of 98.

bigmarco
29th April 2012, 04:01
I've stayed at the Borocay Regency and it's fabulous. I know it costs a bit more than some of the others but its worth it. It backs onto the beach and the food was fabulous.

lastlid
29th April 2012, 08:25
What was the weather like? Does it rain much in June? I hear August & September are the worst for rain.

To be honest it did rain last June. But it didn't rain all the time. Most days there were still some sun and in that sense it was quite nice. But a couple of days it did really bucket it down. And never cold.

lastlid
29th April 2012, 08:27
I've stayed at the Borocay Regency and it's fabulous. I know it costs a bit more than some of the others but its worth it. It backs onto the beach and the food was fabulous.

Yes. Me and the wife continually reminisce about it.

lastlid
29th April 2012, 08:34
It's got a good write up on Trip Advisor. Ranked 8 out of 98.

I would go to either again. But I get the impression that there are many other good ones to choose from. I am not saying they are all great but there's a lot of choice to be had good bad or indifferent. On the food. There are so many options. You probably wont want to eat in the hotel as there is so much choice outside....we ate somewhere different every night.

stevewool
29th April 2012, 09:58
thats what you have to think now, yes its a beautiful place but expensive, treat it as a bed for the night and if its clean and have a shower even better, that way you can explore all that is around you eat where you want and go where you want without thinking you have paid so much for that place you have to stay and get your monies worth

Ako Si Jamie
29th April 2012, 10:08
So how much is it for a meal at a restaurant in Boracay roughly?

I've heard it's pretty expensive that's why I might stay at the Roxon Appartments because they have a kitchen and we could cook our own food on occasions.

stevewool
29th April 2012, 10:11
thats the best bet cook at home before you go out , eating in the day is a lot cheaper, have you thought about going to other places that are just as good even better and cheaper too

Ako Si Jamie
29th April 2012, 10:15
I've looked on Myborcayguide.com and picked out the most suitable within my price range. If you know of any hotels that do cheap good food let me know. It might be worth paying a bit extra :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
29th April 2012, 10:20
i always use tripadviser look at there site and then progress from there, thats where i found oceanbreeze,we was in borocay for 2 weeks, you can eat well and cheap if you want too, everynight on the beach the hotels bring out the cooks and tables and its all you can eat for so much , some includes drinks but its cheap and good too, even i was impress with the prices and you are sitting looking at the sea, cant buy that,station 3 for me is the best you are out of the noise and drinking but you can walk there if you are intrested

Ako Si Jamie
29th April 2012, 10:48
i always use tripadviser look at there site and then progress from there, thats where i found oceanbreeze,we was in borocay for 2 weeks, you can eat well and cheap if you want too, everynight on the beach the hotels bring out the cooks and tables and its all you can eat for so much , some includes drinks but its cheap and good too, even i was impress with the prices and you are sitting looking at the sea, cant buy that,station 3 for me is the best you are out of the noise and drinking but you can walk there if you are intrested
Sounds good. I'll look into that. Cheers Steve

raynaputi
29th April 2012, 10:50
I've looked on Myborcayguide.com and picked out the most suitable within my price range. If you know of any hotels that do cheap good food let me know. It might be worth paying a bit extra :xxgrinning--00xx3:

go to this site http://boracaybestdeals.com/ :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
29th April 2012, 11:41

I've heard it's pretty expensive that's why I might stay at the Roxon Appartments because they have a kitchen and we could cook our own food on occasions.

Honestly, I can't remember exactly. My recollection is that it is more expensive than you pay in the Philippines normally but cheaper than back here in the UK. But there is a lot of choice.

One thing I do remember is a haircut in Boracay for 2 quid. Now that's cheap isnt it? :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
29th April 2012, 11:56
It is cheap for a haircut but not as cheap as I pay for one in the UK ;)

Thanks for everyone's input btw :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
29th April 2012, 12:03
It is cheap for a haircut but not as cheap as I pay for one in the UK ;)

Eh? :D You do your own? No 1 all round?

BTW, let us know which hotel you go for....

Ako Si Jamie
29th April 2012, 12:30
Eh? :D You do your own? No 1 all round?

BTW, let us know which hotel you go for....My mate does it. Been doing it for the last 10 years. He's not a barber but he knows what he's doing, and no it's a proper haircut not a shave :icon_lol:

Dedworth
29th April 2012, 12:42

The further back from the beach you go the cheaper it gets.

Crafty's Rooftop Bar is good and looking at his website now flogging more imported beer http://www.craftsofboracay.com/bar.html

I wouldn't go back to Boracay though 4 days was more than enough and I've got the T Shirt

stevewool
29th April 2012, 13:29
for me there are better places to go, panglao is beautifull and what about the places i have not been to yet, there must be loads:)

Ako Si Jamie
8th May 2012, 21:13
BTW, let us know which hotel you go for....
Jay Jays Club - Has a pool, jacuzzi, use of a kitchen, a great view and a nice big balcony:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And I didn't want to spend more than £350 on hotels for the 14 nights in the Phils so it was within my budget.

Cost me about £80 for a really nice hotel for 7 nights in San Fernando (been there before) and £260 for Jay Jays in Boracay for a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFXZmtkVOBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geltviEderE

lastlid
8th May 2012, 21:28
Jay Jays Club - Has a pool, jacuzzi, use of a kitchen, a great view and a nice big balcony:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And I didn't want to spend more than £350 on hotels for the 14 nights in the Phils so it was within my budget.

Cost me about £80 for a really nice hotel for 7 nights in San Fernando (been there before) and £260 for Jay Jays in Boracay for a week.

Looks good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wish I was there.....

Ako Si Jamie
8th May 2012, 21:34
Scores 8.4 on Agoda from over 40 reviews too . :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
9th May 2012, 02:13
Sorry, Jamie ... I've had to abstain from casting a vote, since I haven't been to any of the resorts, clubs or apartments mentioned. :bigcry:

GautamLawyer
9th May 2012, 12:29
I think June month is the best for going there..............

Ako Si Jamie
9th May 2012, 22:20
Sorry, Jamie ... I've had to abstain from casting a vote, since I haven't been to any of the resorts, clubs or apartments mentioned. :bigcry:The poll was for the apartment you would choose out of the four. It didn't mean you had to stay in one of them previously:xxgrinning--00xx3:.:)