PDA

View Full Version : Cock-up or done on purpose???

aromulus
3rd July 2007, 23:38
When I heard that the courier service was being abolished in favour of this new fangled system, I had my doubts.:Erm:

"If it works, don't fix it"....

Yesterday my wife, went to the processing centre in Makati.
All the documents in the right order, and the required VAF 6 for EEA dependant... Which comes free of charge to EEA citizens spouses...
She was extorted 5950 Php (managers cheque) and told to come back the next day with a VAF 1 filled in (non settlement)..

Incidentally this is what they charge for a Standard Visit Visa...

Jet was rightly confused, went to the bank and got a cheque, and even more confused in having to fill a different form.
After receiving her text, I phoned her mobile and asked for more info, but she wasn't making much sense. It took ages to get her calmed down and to explain slowly what went on.
Either the clerk doesn't know her :butthead: from her elbow and just genuinely made a mistake, or at the centre they are trying to get money out of people, in the hope they won't be found out.:cwm23:
I am waiting here for 1 am to arrive (8 am Manila time), so that I can have a chat with whom ever is in charge of that circus, and give the right guidance...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Something stinks.

anybody any ideas out there???

joebloggs
4th July 2007, 00:53
:Erm:
i went thru a similar thing with the forms for my stepson, it made sense that when i appiled for his ILR that i used set (f) - family member, even some people on other forums told me to,. and it said on the form to .. but IND told me i had to use set (o) - why ? some of the questions on the form weren't relevant to him, there was no part about being a dependant, until one person told me, it was set (o) becuase it was outside immigration rules !.

anyway, i've had a quick look on ind and it says
"
Do my family members need a visa?

If your family member is a visa national or if they are coming to live with you permanently or on a long-term basis they must get a family permit before travelling to the UK. Family permits are valid for six months. " 6 months :Erm:, what then :Erm:

"non-EEA family member over 16 will need to fill in a visa application form (VAF 1 – non-settlement). "

oh ive just read this some where else .. might explain it ..
"
EEA Family Permit .... application cost US$0 ! .... once granted she moves to the UK. That permit for just 6-months, but in the 6 month period she would apply in the UK for 5-year Residence Card ...... application cost £0 ! .... after 5 years from arrival on the EEA Family Permit she gets Permanent Residence status ..... and then can apply for Naturalisation as British.

vaf 6 is it not for EEA nationals only ?

but the fee ??? !! i dont know.. not much is free in the philippines :)

good luck with this :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
4th July 2007, 01:10
:Erm:
i went thru a similar thing with the forms for my stepson, it made sense that when i appiled for his ILR that i used set (f) - family member, even some people on other forums told me to,. and it said on the form to .. but IND told me i had to use set (o) - why ? some of the questions on the form weren't relevant to him, there was no part about being a dependant, until one person told me, it was set (o) becuase it was outside immigration rules !.

anyway, i've had a quick look on ind and it says
"
Do my family members need a visa?

If your family member is a visa national or if they are coming to live with you permanently or on a long-term basis they must get a family permit before travelling to the UK. Family permits are valid for six months. " 6 months :Erm:, what then :Erm:

"non-EEA family member over 16 will need to fill in a visa application form (VAF 1 – non-settlement). "

oh ive just read this some where else .. might explain it ..
"
EEA Family Permit .... application cost US$0 ! .... once granted she moves to the UK. That permit for just 6-months, but in the 6 month period she would apply in the UK for 5-year Residence Card ...... application cost £0 ! .... after 5 years from arrival on the EEA Family Permit she gets Permanent Residence status ..... and then can apply for Naturalisation as British.

vaf 6 is it not for EEA nationals only ?

but the fee ??? !! i dont know.. not much is free in the philippines :)

good luck with this :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dammit...:Brick:

Some jobsworth at IND told me to use VAF 6.:cwm23:
And also had it confirmed when I phoned Makati.

Back to the drawing board. How the heck can I guide the MRS on how to fill that new form, just using the mobile???:doh
I told her to ask for help once there... I just hope that they do help her.

joebloggs
4th July 2007, 01:32
:doh :icon_lol: :doh

it took me more than 2 wks to find out which form to use for my stepson :omg:

oh heres the link, it does say its for non EEA nationals. about 2/3rds down the page

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018721068382

well at least you will not lose your fee :D. if its the wrong form, i dont know why they want to charge you thou .. :cwm24:

you better find out which one is the right one aromulus :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
4th July 2007, 01:46
has your wife got email ? or what about at an inet cafe..
if so download the right form , and download a free pdf editor like

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Business/Misc__Applications/PDF_Editor.html

fill in the form by adding text, right click button,
save it , email it to her, and she can copy it.. print it, and send it, you might even be able to send the one you've edited .. :Erm:

aromulus
4th July 2007, 01:48
:doh :icon_lol: :doh

it took me more than 2 wks to find out which form to use for my stepson :omg:

oh heres the link, it does say its for non EEA nationals. about 2/3rds down the page

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018721068382

well at least you will not lose your fee :D. if its the wrong form, i dont know why they want to charge you thou .. :cwm24:

you better find out which one is the right one aromulus :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for that.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I got on the phone while Jet was in the taxi, and coached her on the various points...:xxgrinning--00xx3: I dread the phone bill when it gets here....
She filled the form while on the move.
Now, just touch wood...
Mind you, all the paperwork is there, so there should be no difficulties.
And a family permit is that little bit easier to obtain ( I hope....).

aromulus
4th July 2007, 04:50
Here I am, 4.30 in the morning, silly o'clock...

Jet very distressed asked me to phone back, which i did immediately.
After a couple of hours in the VFS Centre at the AXA building, she was asked to pay a managers cheque for the full amount of 47.500 Pesos. For settlemet visa.

Now I am 100% sure that VFS don't have a clue what they are doing !!!!!!

I am well p...:censored:d off !!!!!

I managed to phone the Embassy itself, and some kind guy at the other end (Filipino) answered, and after explaining the goings on, not being too sure himself, did ask somebody in the know, and reassured me that I was right.
He asked for Jet name and mobile number, to phone her to instruct to go back to VFS, and was also phoning VFS to speak to a supervisor to explain the situation and await for Jets arrival. I sincerely hope that she is ok after all that.

I just spoke to Jet.... The guy kept his word, He did tell her to go back.
Now lets see what develops from here.

Watch this space.

KeithD
4th July 2007, 09:26
Typical UK immigration crap, they realised with UKVACS they were not stressing everyone enough, so had to change it.

aromulus
4th July 2007, 09:46
Finally we got somewhere...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

After numerous and rather long and expensive phone calls to Makati,someone is loking after her, at this precise moment.

I also just received a mail, from the info place that they have, and they reassured me, confirming that she is being seen, and that after quizzing her about the mix-up, they realized that she got the information for other people in the queues.:doh

Dammit :cwm23:, I told her often enough not to listen to other people. I have been telling her for weeks on what to do.

This Makati trip is costing a fortune :bigcry:, good job that she is staying with some relatives of relatives...

KeithD
4th July 2007, 19:58
Altogether now...... P-L-O-N-K-E-R-S :Hellooo: