PDA

View Full Version : this country is going down down down

stevewool
28th April 2012, 17:25
just come in from shopping and what a dump we live in, the people that are around are just so missible glum looking and just dam right rude, every young t--t that has a car thinks its a v8 and try to push you to go faster and so on and on and on, is it just me or do others think cant wait to get into my 4 walls and safe, driving round you can see how its changing parking on pavments just leaving there cars anywhere, not so long ago you would have a ticket for that, but who cares, must be my age :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

John_10
28th April 2012, 17:34
Not just you steve, I have been thinking that for ages..some people seem to be missrible and rude I have to work this folk like that you can say good morning all you get is a grunt and thats it for the day.
I give way to drivers and they dont acknowlage you or say thanks winds me up . Dose not take much to e friendly and curtiouse.

Not your age mate its this country.

fred
28th April 2012, 18:20
Crikey!! Sounds pretty bad..
My family in the UK tell me the same type of thing though quite regular.
Its really sad... I used to bloody love my country.

andy222
28th April 2012, 19:16
Your right we all know the country is going to the dogs. The days when you knew who lived in the niebourhood have long gone. And has for leaving the front door open you can forget that. The good old times eh.

stevewool
28th April 2012, 19:31
still good times with great friends can be had, its just a shame how its all going wrong it seems

hawk
28th April 2012, 20:29
i know what you mean i dont get a thx for holding a door maybe the odd one i let cars out ok most give a wave of thx but if you do the same and not care does it make it better maybe not i for one will just keep doing what i do as the saying goes dont let the :censored:grind you down

Moy
28th April 2012, 20:56
a cold country same with the cold people:doh

lastlid
28th April 2012, 20:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKe2OfXLxuc

Terpe
28th April 2012, 21:16
What a miserable thread.

les_taxi
28th April 2012, 21:28
What a miserable thread.

Let's make it as miserable as poss:D
Once the sun goes boom that will be it nothing left so what's the point in anything:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
28th April 2012, 22:48
Let's make it as miserable as poss :D

:rolleyes: ... or Les(s) Miserable?

stevewool
28th April 2012, 23:21
the SUN do you mean the Sun on sunday, the news paper:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jamesey
28th April 2012, 23:33
I wish you lot would cheer up! :olddude:

If you go around being miserable and glum, it will elicit the same reaction in others.

Try cracking a smile once in a while.... life is good! :D

stevewool
28th April 2012, 23:35
i am happy its the others:icon_lol:

grahamw48
29th April 2012, 00:22
just come in from shopping and what a dump we live in, the people that are around are just so missible glum looking and just dam right rude, every young t--t that has a car thinks its a v8 and try to push you to go faster and so on and on and on, is it just me or do others think cant wait to get into my 4 walls and safe, driving round you can see how its changing parking on pavments just leaving there cars anywhere, not so long ago you would have a ticket for that, but who cares, must be my age :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Yes, it's your age Steve. :icon_lol:

I don't worry about people pretending they have a V8 though....cos I have a REAL one.

Grow old disgracefully I say ! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pByU4LWFI&feature=related

Pity I spun the wheels for the first 200 yards at the drag race. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujywKNIRLno&feature=relmfu

Iani
29th April 2012, 07:54
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless
beyond words.

When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of
elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of
restraint.
Hesiod 8 BC

The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
legs, and are tyrants over their teachers.

Attributed to Socrates 469 - 399 BC

Kids nowadays, they don't know they've been born. When I was a lad, you could leave your door open and all your money in a pile in the front garden and it'd be safe. We would never dare even look at an elder, the police would clip you around the ear for so much as looking at them. People never used swear words, didn't have sex until they had been married at least 5 years, and then only to have children. There was 101% employment, the summers were always long and warm, we could go off in gypsy caravans laden with ginger beer (crikey George you're such a brick old chap, but why do you wear shorts when you're 17)
But kids nowadays, well they beat up old women in their youth club just for laughs, I blame the Beatles you know, it's their fault, yes the Beatles. Nowadays, they bring knives to school.............no guns.................no, last week they threatened the teacher with an AK47..................no it was a cruise missile..................
No, they were the good old days, and you kids don't know nothing..

But Grandad, wasn't there smallpox, the war, no NHS, people dying in factories, and the Victorians built huge prisons because the crime rate was exploding, and according to official government stats, there was more violent crime at the turn of the century than there is now, and how come in all the old school photos from years ago, the children look malnourished and very very sad, and........

Shut up lad, tha know's nothing!

stevewool
29th April 2012, 10:01
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:the good old days, but when does the old days finnish or start

grahamw48
29th April 2012, 11:02
It starts when your kids can run faster than you. :icon_lol:

stevewool
29th April 2012, 13:49
not yet happened for me then, i can run faster then any off them, but takes me longer to get my breath back:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

marc72
29th April 2012, 14:11
maybe its just the youth have nothing to look forward to no jobs no future paying back the trillion pound debt the last two governments have got us in no wonder the youth are so miserable if in doubt blame the government thats what i say but common lets all sing together "DONT WORRY BE HAPPY"

grahamw48
29th April 2012, 15:52
I blame it all on women drivers. :angry: