PDA

View Full Version : hi Im new and I got something new to share

beth18
3rd July 2007, 18:24
I have been reading this site since March of this year when my bf and I thought about visiting him in UK after his two visits in the Philippines. I just got hold of my Visit Visa today! and with no interview! after a long agonizing days of waiting, all the WHAT IFs, finally i have it. I am a worrier, although I know that we have carefully followed the requirements, I still felt of not getting the visa.

As to my readings on this site and some other related sites, there are just few who are able to avail of a visit visa, specially when and if the only reason is "visiting the boyfriend", but it is the truth of my purpose and a friend told me to be just honest when filling up the forms, and with all the documents you are submitting.

I followed the rules and armed it with some information on how to prepare all the documents (with help of my bf). It took us a month after my bf went back to UK in April to prepare and send me back all the documents he was required, and I always bug him of my readings from the forum that visit visa is really hard to avail. He said " Failure is not an option".

By May we are ready for submission, only to find out that UKVACS moved to a new office and that the courier had stopped accepting documents since 21st of May but have it submitted personally on or before May 24at the UKVACS in Manila. I was at the courier office on 23rd May. I was Hopeless, because UKVACS will only be accepting applications again starting 31st of May at their new office.

I decided to go down to Manila in June 1, thinking that it will not be very busy from clients the previous day which is the first day for the implementation of the new procedures.... only to find out that people are outside the ground demanding, yelling, complaining etc, etc. i was pushed to one corner and was just observing peoples' reaction and wanting to be entertained, some had appointments, some had numbers, some had listed names, and wants to be called up to the 25th floor. Finally a representative came down and tried with the assistance of the securities to pacify the people explaining that indeed, they are having a hard time since the new office and some new policy are just being implemented.

after an hour (thank god they all calmed down) we are asked to fall on a line and write our names in a list which has a corresponding schedule for appointments. luckily after I was pushed around, i was able to get the first hour on the next appointment schedule last 6th June.

On June 6 at 8:30 i was the first one who got inside the new UKVACS to submit my docs. The procedure was very systematic since from there the representatives are on the spot checking all your files for completeness and accuracy, after which you are directed to proceed to a booth for the biometric procedure (finger scanning and photo taking) and your done.

lessons for me here, is having a pure intensions with what you want, Patience, in preparing the right and required documents, I was honest when the purpose is to visit my boyfriend, I am separated and had attached my lawyer's certification that my annulment case is being heard and my presence is needed later, I dont have a huge savings account but still attached my bank certification, my salary as a Community Development officer in a government office is incomparable to standard UK salary, but showed based on my boss' approval of my leave that I am committed to the job i am holding in the Philippines and I really need to be back after my leave of absence to continue serving the people.

lastly, my bf's documents and sponsorship letter stating that he is prepared shouldering all my expenses while on my holiday visit. aside of which is his original pay slips, original bank statements, certificate of mortgage for his flat, and copy of his passport.

For me, Having a visit visa approved by the British Embassy is partly an accomplishment to have the opportunity to show UK of our (filipinos) good intensions, by way of coming back home after end of the visa they had granted me, whatever plans me and my boyfriend will have in the future i hope that the visa section will again be considerate.

to all couples applying for any visa, just keep in mind that as long your documents are genuine and intensions are clear, follow the procedure. I think we will all be granted of what we want.

Beth

gWaPito
4th July 2007, 03:14
Hi Beth My 'wife to be' did the same thing as you, I guess. All the paperwork was gathered together and put in the order the examininers wanted, in fact if you do what they request, it's simple. Like you said, if your honest in your intentions their will be no problems. Regards Mark

Mrs Daddy
4th July 2007, 10:17
hhhmmm.Goodluck to your trip.

aromulus
4th July 2007, 10:31
My wife just texted me that she just came out of the AXA Building, after all the palaver about our family permit.

I am waiting for her to find an internet cafe, so she can fill me in with the details of her ordeal.

All the docs asked were provided, and more...

good luck and God Bless to you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

beth18
4th July 2007, 15:28
So how Jet did at the Axa today?

aromulus
4th July 2007, 21:08
So how Jet did at the Axa today?

According to her, it was ok. I have to wait until she gets back home to Cebu, fo find the details out.

She will be online and tell me "when I wake up"...:Erm: :doh

Doesn't really help my blood pressure, but I haven't got much of a choice :Brick: but to sleep on it tonight and wait.

baboyako
4th July 2007, 21:20
axa? you sure it wasn't a insurance policy :Brick: :doh :BouncyHappy:

KeithD
5th July 2007, 09:05
Calm down dear......

pennybarry
6th August 2007, 07:25
YES, JUST BE YOURSELF AND BE HONEST and it will be done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Enjoy your stay here and what part of Uk you are? Welcome to UK!

mavid
7th August 2007, 07:17
Hi Beth18...omg! im so relieved to read this... i was having goosebumps all over while reading it coz its bit similar to my situation. Im separated and having my annulment right now...and i want to file for a visit visa to the uk.

Beth18, can i get in touch with you so i can ask what exactly did u do? i know the basics... but from an actual person who's been there done that, its very valuable for me to know your experiences...

I will highly appreciate it Beth18... coz its very seldom that we get to have someone with almost similar situation...

Thanks in advance

Mavid

beth18
18th August 2007, 17:50
hi,
Sorry, for not replying so soon, i was not really expecting so much of what i wrote, but i am glad that it helped in anyway, i am not sure now if you if you are already here in london. let me know,and hope we can chat soon. regards

beth18
18th August 2007, 17:58
hi penny,
im staying at central london and i badly need friends who lives closeby. i am writing another blog so i can share it to evrybody. hope to hear from you regards.