PDA

View Full Version : Hiking to Gibson Mill

jlags90
27th April 2012, 16:17
It's the first time today that the sun is up since I arrived in Halifax. Dave and I wanted a little adventure so we went down hiking our way to the Gibson Mill .. The mill is no longer a mill this time but, it was such a great walking adventure. It was raining for the last few days so the river which runs from the mill through Hebden Bridge is quite angry! Muds along the way, but COOL! There are lots of ways to the mill... There is a road where cars can pass, there are more narrow paths which are often made wet by natural springs. (I call it, little waterfalls - or little river)...

They also hold weddings here!

You might want to check their website.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hardcastle-crags/

grahamw48
27th April 2012, 19:07
Hmm...looks beautiful, and so nice that you were able to go out into the fresh air and see some of the many marvellous sights in West Yorkshire.
That area in the past was of course the main manufacturer of woollen cloth in the whole WORLD not too long ago, and the other side of the hills in Lancashire was the main manufacturer of cotton cloth in the whole WORLD. That's why so many old mills, and many more that have now been demolished.

I hope you didn't step on any of those rare Northern 'Hairy Wood Ants'. :D

lastlid
27th April 2012, 19:18
We move our office to an old refurbished mill in the Isle of Man on Tuesday. The water mill is inside and the water can and does run through the mill building....