PDA

View Full Version : New in UK

shary2k1
3rd July 2007, 12:12
hi..remember me? I'm shary. I introduced myself already before as anapplicant for student UK visa and luckily i have been granted a visa last June 15, 2007...

I arrived here in UK last June 30 and at the moment i am looking for a job.

I'm a graduate of BS Pharmacy and a practical nurse in the PHilippines, here, i'll be studying Health and Social Care Management NVQ 4. Since our class will start on September i am planning to work first.. hopefully i could work for more than 20 hours a week since i don't go to school yet.

I am looking for a job, any job... I can be a data (medical) encoder, a carer, or any job that you could suggest... If you happen to know a job or could recommend a job please let me know
HELP ME PLEASE!!!:Help1:

eljean
3rd July 2007, 12:39
got to the nearest jobcenterplus in your place...:)

KeithD
3rd July 2007, 14:33
Are you allowed to work on a Student Visa?

eljean
3rd July 2007, 17:51
yes...:D

Can I work?
You can take part-time or holiday work, but you must not:

* work for more than 20 hours a week during term time unless your placement is part of your studies, has been agreed with your educational institution and leads to a degree or qualification awarded by a nationally recognised examining body
* do business, be self-employed or provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer, or
* work full-time in a permanent job.

If you are coming to the UK as a student for six months or less, you must ask the Entry Clearance Officer (or the Immigration Officer if you do not need an entry clearance) for permission to work.

Mrs Daddy
3rd July 2007, 18:01
it probably will complicate things.As what the Boss said are you really allowed to work?

joebloggs
3rd July 2007, 19:13
i would have thought you can work full time until your course starts, then in term time no more than 20 hoursa week, and full time in uni vacations and also fulltime after your course has finished if your waiting for exam results until your student visa runs out and for not more than 4 months.. but as always check with the immigration people :xxgrinning--00xx3:

have a look here

http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/pages/guidenote.htm#workduring

but becareful as

Working more than 20 hours per week in term time is a breach of your visa conditions and you are breaking the law, liable to arrest and deportation. You may also find that you will not be allowed to return to the UK.

Recently, several International students have been arrested and are awaiting deportation as they were working in excess of 20 hours per week. :yikes:

pennybarry
4th July 2007, 07:24
I think you can work but limited for 20 hrs./wk only. I have cousin in London with student visa. She wants more hrs but she is not permitted more than 20hrs.. You can visit http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/index.html .
Please let me know what school you are and how much you spent. How long to take that course too.
Thank you in advance.

shary2k1
5th July 2007, 00:45
according to my cousins... i can work for more than 20 hours during vacations and holidays... anyway, my class will still going to start on september... ^_^ so it's ok.

Mrs Daddy
5th July 2007, 17:32
then go for it!!!good luck

shary2k1
5th July 2007, 20:36
thanks a lot ^.^

mamichris
9th July 2007, 02:45
Are you allowed to work on a Student Visa?

yes, holders of student visa are allowed to work...as they say not for more than 20 hours per week...but only if you follow that really...:D

i knew someone who's on a student visa and is also working more than 25 hours a week...even during term time:D:)