PDA

View Full Version : Cignal has more HD channels

Terpe
25th April 2012, 15:31
High-definition satellite TV provider, Cignal Digital TV, adds more oomph to local TV viewing with the launch of its own living magazine and sports channels, and the addition of new HD channels—making it the premiere pay TV provider with the most HD channels nationwide.

In an exclusive and lavish gathering held recently at the NBC Tent in The Fort co-hosted by international TV personality Oli Pettigrew, Cignal unveiled two original channels—Colours and Hyper.

Colours is a living magazine channel that features top-rating international shows on food, fashion, wellness, home, travel and reality. Meanwhile, Hyper is a 24/7 sports channel that airs highly anticipated sporting events such as the upcoming London Olympics, the ATP World Tour, PXC, La Liga and BundesLiga, among others. Both new channels are now available and are accessible to all Cignal subscribers.

The star-studded launch featured riveting performances from top local talents such as the FilharmoniKA, The Dawn, and renowned dance groups, Ballet Philippines and Philippine All Stars. In addition to free flowing food and drinks, Cignal raffled off exciting prizes and awarded three pairs of best dressed guests with a free year-long Post-Paid Plan P1,590 subscriptions and a brand new LCD TV.

Plan 1,590 is Cignal’s newest and top-of-the-line post-paid plan which carries the complete Cignal line-up that includes 15 HD channels—the most number nationwide in Philippine pay TV today. Cignal’s beefed up HD programming consists of Discovery World HD, ESPN HD, Food Network HD, Fox Movies Premium HD, HBO HD, NBA Premium HD, National Geographic Channel HD, Star World HD, plus the 7 HD newcomers Fox Crime HD, Fashion TV HD, MTV Live HD, Universal HD, Cartoon Network HD, Syfy HD and Outdoor Channel HD.

Aside from these, Cignal also added 14 new standard definition channels including 2nd Ave., Screen Red, Solar Sports, Nickelodeon, Fox News Channel, Bloomberg, Asian Food Channel, Fox Filipino, Nat Geo Wild, NHK World, Star Chinese Channel, E! Entertainment, TruTV and Warner TV. With the exception of Post-Paid Plan 1,590, all 20 new channels will be selectively available to Cignal subscribers. For the updated channel line-up, visit www.cignal.tv.

Cignal is the Philippines’ premier direct-to-home satellite provider. Launched in 2009, Cignal broadcasts to households and commercial venues nationwide using direct broadcast satellite (DBS) technology. Cignal now transmits 66 channels, which includes free-to-air, SD, and HD channels. It also offers on-demand service through its pay-per-view channel, and a varied mix of 10 audio channels. Cignal is owned and operated by MediaScape Inc., a subsidiary of MediaQuest Holdings, the media partner of the PLDT Group of Companies.

Source:-
http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/2012/04/24/cignal-has-more-hd-channels-nationwide-premium-offerings

fred
25th April 2012, 18:11
No Plain old Discovery?? Forget it!!:NoNo:

Terpe
25th April 2012, 18:20
No Plain old Discovery?? Forget it!!:NoNo:

According to this webpage (http://www.cignal.tv/?page=channel) they have it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't know what package or how much though.

fred
25th April 2012, 18:44
The Cignal is not very popular here at the moment Terpe.. Most of us in Visayas still use Dream...Might be because of the start up costs for the Dish and receiver as most of us already have them..(DREAM)
In Manila where I am now we are all hooked up to cable and get most channels via that..

Terpe
25th April 2012, 19:23
The Cignal is not very popular here at the moment Terpe.. Most of us in Visayas still use Dream...Might be because of the start up costs for the Dish and receiver as most of us already have them..(DREAM)
In Manila where I am now we are all hooked up to cable and get most channels via that..
I'd better do some research on Dream. What cable offerings are good?

fred
26th April 2012, 04:26
I'd better do some research on Dream. What cable offerings are good?

http://www.dream.com.ph/wannadream/Dream_Entertainment_Packages.asp?npage=11

Not sure about here in Cavite as the Mrs sorts all that out... All I know is we get about 50 channels for around 750.00 with local cable provider..

BoholoX
28th April 2012, 02:55
I've had both Dream and Cignal (current) and highly recommend Cignal especially if you have a HD TV, the picture quality over the Dream analogue signal is worth the additional cost. I was paying P790 a month with Dream and now pay P1290 for Cignal for 40+ channels with about 12 in HD. Both systems suffer from drop out in tropical storms but the Cignal dish is slightly bigger and seems to be more robust. No problems with either set top box but Dream was a scratch card load and as often in the Philippines 'out of stock, sir' where as Cignal can be postpaid and done online via a BPI account.

fred
28th April 2012, 04:50
No problems with either set top box but Dream was a scratch card load and as often in the Philippines 'out of stock, sir' where as Cignal can be postpaid and done online via a BPI account.

We dont watch much telly and that might be the reason I stick with dream 390.. 2 movie channels,Discovery and CNN is about all I want to watch here..
We pay our Dream to the store almost opposite Bohol university..(Gerisonics) They take my cash and load it for me.