PDA

View Full Version : The Bureau of Immigration creates new office

Terpe
23rd April 2012, 08:38
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has created a new office to streamline and expedite the processing of requests for clearance, certification and verification of status of foreigners and Filipinos who have or do not have derogatory or criminal record.

BI Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. issued a memorandum order last March 27 creating the Verification and Compliance Division (VCD). The order was subsequently approved by Justice Secretary Leila de Lima.

David said the VCD’s creation aims to facilitate the expeditious processing of requests for verification of immigration status of foreigners and certification of arrival and departure records of international travelers.

Also to be expedited, he added, are requests for certification of not the same person and BI clearances stating that a person is not in the bureau’s hold departure list, watchlist or blacklist.

“This new office will likewise address the need to implement a system of post audit and verification of all visa and alien registration applications,” the BI chief said in a statement.

David explained that, henceforth, the VCD shall act as the central clearance, verification and compliance-monitoring unit of the BI.

The chief functions of the VCD are the issuance of immigration clearances; recording and retrieval of derogatory records; and examination of authenticity of documents were handled by three separate offices in the bureau.

Previously, these functions were handled by three separate offices under two divisions in the BI.

Under the memorandum order, the verification and certification unit (VCU) and derogatory section under the BI administrative division were transferred under the VCD.

The erstwhile anti-fraud division was downgraded and renamed as the anti-fraud section under the VCD.###

Source:-
http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1577&Itemid=78

Dakila
23rd April 2012, 09:51
Do we know where this new office is gonna be? Will it be within the same BI building in Intramuros?

grahamw48
23rd April 2012, 12:35
Let's hope it will be an improvement on that cattle-market. :rolleyes:

Just somewhere cool, to wait and be able to eat something would be nice.:)

fred
24th April 2012, 11:53
I spent the WHOLE day in that dump a few weeks ago renewing my ACR card..
Un freaking believable!!
After an hour in one queue the woman sent me upstairs to get something she said we had missed..The people upstairs tell me they cant get the info as my visa was processed in London.. They said the officer was GAGO and to send her up if she tried the same thing!!!
So I queued again down stairs for an hour and 30 mins..Same woman..Tells me to go upstairs and get...!!
I said to her in a very calm voice that the officer upstairs said YOU MUST BE STUPID.. The officers upstairs also said that if you must, please go up stairs to verify this yourself!
She said angrily... OH!!! Ok..I`LL sign it but if there are any problems with your visa it will not be my fault!!
OK,I said.. Under my breath..."Just give me the damned paper work bitch!!
The place is a DUMP...Glad I dont have to there for another 5 years!!
Perhaps that new office will be open by then!!:icon_lol:

tanga
24th April 2012, 14:07
I spent the WHOLE day in that dump a few weeks ago renewing my ACR card..
Un freaking believable!!
After an hour in one queue the woman sent me upstairs to get something she said we had missed..The people upstairs tell me they cant get the info as my visa was processed in London.. They said the officer was GAGO and to send her up if she tried the same thing!!!
So I queued again down stairs for an hour and 30 mins..Same woman..Tells me to go upstairs and get...!!
I said to her in a very calm voice that the officer upstairs said YOU MUST BE STUPID.. The officers upstairs also said that if you must, please go up stairs to verify this yourself!
She said angrily... OH!!! Ok..I`LL sign it but if there are any problems with your visa it will not be my fault!!
OK,I said.. Under my breath..."Just give me the damned paper work bitch!!
The place is a DUMP...Glad I dont have to there for another 5 years!!
Perhaps that new office will be open by then!!:icon_lol:

To add insult to injury there is a compulsary "express " fee of P500 but it still takes 2 to 3 weeks to get the renewed card