Moy
22nd April 2012, 12:48
wanna see york one day:)

Leo
22nd April 2012, 14:11
some one has to live there lol

grahamw48
22nd April 2012, 14:30
Well, I do live on the outskirts and try to limit my contact with the place...except for Tesco. :D

Terpe
22nd April 2012, 15:15
I like York.
It's a great place for a long weekend break.
Lot of good things to keep anyone busy and happy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Railway museum
The Shambles
York Minster
Jorvik Viking Centre
York Castle Museum
Dungeons
Air Museum
Haunted House (allegedly over 700 year old)
Mansion House

All great places to visit.

grahamw48
22nd April 2012, 15:19
Blimey Peter...I must get out and visit some of these places more than once every 20 years. :doh Sounds fascinating. :Erm:

fred
22nd April 2012, 17:12
Blimey Peter...I must get out and visit some of these places more than once every 20 years. :doh Sounds fascinating. :Erm:

Yeah you should!!
Those Whippets need a good regular run at least twice a week.

stevewool
22nd April 2012, 18:46
nice for a day trip, but go out and see the rest of yorkshire, lots to see and do,

grahamw48
22nd April 2012, 18:51
Yeah you should!!
Those Whippets need a good regular run at least twice a week.

Ayup sithee....mainly GREYHOUNDS in Yorkshire....Whippets further North. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
23rd April 2012, 04:26
Ayup sithee....mainly GREYHOUNDS in Yorkshire....Whippets further North. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not according to whippets weekly!!
http://dogs.oodle.co.uk/whippet/wakefield-area/

Greyhounds!!:icon_lol:
Greyhounds come from Walthamstow.. Everyone knows that!

Putwoodatole lad!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
23rd April 2012, 11:10
Bah humbug.

I was born in Wakefield and grew up in Pontefract...heart of the old Yorkshire coal field, complete with local Greyhound track and little kids everywhere... out with 5 or 6 greyhounds on leads, exercising them for their dads. Also used for Hare coursing in the local countryside.

Never saw a Whippet until I moved up to Richmond in North Yorkshire, where they're raced chasing a rag on line that's wound in on a bicycle wheel affair across a flat open field. Very much a NE pastime, including Geordieland. :)

Maybe the people in Wakefield have now down-sized because of the economic situation. :icon_lol:

BoholoX
23rd April 2012, 11:46
I too will be living in York (Bishopthorpe) from next Tuesday, awaiting the time my wife and son can join me from Bohol but that looks to be around 8 months hence :NoNo:

grahamw48
23rd April 2012, 12:26
Nice village. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My boy goes to the college at the top of Simbalk Lane.

That's going to be a long wait for you. Best of luck.
At least you have some reasonably decent pubs there to ease the pain. :)

Iani
24th April 2012, 06:50
I used to go there for the Rotaract "Pubopoly". It was a charity fundraiser where the idea was to draw a card at the Rowing Club, this would be a hint of a pub to go to - you ran to this pub, answered a question which could only be found at this pub (Something like what is the colour of the wallpaper in the toilets), had to down a drink (Other Rotaractors would be there to ensure you did) then run back.

By the time the game ended, you can imagine the state of some of the participants.

Not even sure Rotaract exists anymore

grahamw48
24th April 2012, 18:33
I remember hearing about that. ...sounds far too energetic for the crowd I used to knock about with though. :icon_lol:

The Rowing club used to have disco nights many years ago, which were always good for pulling birds at....in my case on one occasion, one from the 'Women's Eights'.:)

She was a left oar... fortunately for her. :D

chino
26th April 2012, 19:21
I am also from York... (Stockton Lane) - just applied for my other half's visa (from Butuan)....

bod
26th April 2012, 19:40
If you are in York on the 17th June , get yourselves down to Rowntree park for this years Yorkshire Bario Fiesta 12 till 5, should be another great event!

grahamw48
26th April 2012, 19:47
Thanks....must make a note of that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Reminder pls nearer the time...for the more senile amongst us. :D

Forgot it last year ! :rolleyes:

chino
26th April 2012, 20:34
If you are in York on the 17th June , get yourselves down to Rowntree park for this years Yorkshire Bario Fiesta 12 till 5, should be another great event!

Already got it booked marked.... went to Hull road / tang hall last year... was not bad...

BoholoX
3rd May 2012, 12:26
:Wave:

Just arrived from Bohol/Manila/HK/Heathrow (36 hours, don't ask) Cold here isn't it?!!!!
Off for a kip now....