PDA

View Full Version : re cenomar

michael
28th August 2005, 15:38
hi all,HI ED,

my fiancee HAS A AFFIDAVIT OF SINGLENESS FROM THE SOLICITOR BUT NOT CERTIFIED BY NSO.

thank you very much

mic

andypaul
28th August 2005, 18:19
Originally posted by michael@Aug 28 2005, 03:38 PM
hi all,HI ED,
my fiancee HAS A AFFIDAVIT OF SINGLENESS FROM THE SOLICITOR BUT NOT CERTIFIED BY NSO.

thank you very much

mic

Quoted post

I am no expert on the subject of cenomars but I would think for the British Embassy you would need the NSO paperwork.That or they will check themselves as Peterdavid mentioned in a post previously.

peterdavid
6th September 2005, 20:24
Originally posted by andypaul@Aug 28 2005, 05:19 PM
I am no expert on the subject of cenomars but I would think for the British Embassy you would need the NSO paperwork.That or they will check themselves as Peterdavid mentioned in a post previously.

Quoted post

An affidavit of singleness is not a cenomar and is pretty worthless anyway - it is just a statement from the applicant saying I was single, "sworn" in front of a philippine attorney, who the Embassy knows will have done no checks himself as to the truth of the statement.

The only place to get a cenomar from is from the NSO. You don't strictly need one for the application (although it's never harmful to add it in, because the Embassy also knows that no church/civil registry office will check to see if the people they are marrying are actually free to marry, so it at least shows you did your own checks to get the paperwork straight.

But even if you do add your own in, it won't stop them checking for themselves with their own request to the NSO anyway. In fact, it wil probably prompt them to do it, as they are so suspicious they'll think you've added in a fake one to hide some bigamous past.