PDA

View Full Version : The latest on my Marriage situation, plus advise needed on Common Visa's.

Keeno
30th June 2007, 18:05
Hello.

My Girlfriend and I (She is in the UK on a Work Permit and a Visa, the Visa runs out early August) have permission from my Parish Church to Marry there. First though we need to obtain a Common Visa.

Please can someone inform me how easy it is to obtain this, and if (from what I can gather) it is just a formality.

Thank you.

Keeno
30th June 2007, 18:16
Sorry I meant a Common Licience, not a Common Visa.

andypaul
1st July 2007, 14:27
If its common liscense this is what i found out or do you mean permisson from the home office for your finace and you to marry while she is on a work visa?

http://www.webweddings.co.uk/articles/ceremonies/church/commonlicence.htm

Keeno
1st July 2007, 16:26
No, basically the Government don't play a part in it. You get the Common Liscence from the Church of England. I was just wondering if they can give it you instantly after an Interview, or if you will have to wait.

joebloggs
1st July 2007, 19:09
a work permit and a visa ? what type of visa ? :Erm:

when does her work permit run out ?

i'm wondering becuase if she has a work permit and some sort of visa, then one of the might be cancelled out by the other..

andypaul
1st July 2007, 20:48
It was in the News that the C of E was tightening up checks as there has been a lot of abuse of the sytem.

Best to ask, I would think it helps if your a regular church goer. That or the Vicar can vounch for you and help things along.

eljean
1st July 2007, 22:25
why not ask the church itself?:Erm:
it seems like all here are being wed in civil rights....