PDA

View Full Version : do foreign men just like dark girls?

bornatbirth
30th June 2007, 00:40
plz dont be offended!

my gf says that foreign men like dark ugly girls and thinks they like the dark skin as its exotic?
i did tell her the dark girls are not ugly,so any dark girl that comes within a mile of me she checks to see if im looking at them,which is amusing as there is alot of them! lol its funny how the mind of a woman works:doh
also most guys from there prefer light girls to dark girls,and thinks its funny as my gf is light with a foreign bf!

joebloggs
30th June 2007, 06:58
:NEW5::NEW5::NEW5:

:omg: oh a post to read :xxgrinning--00xx3:

whats a dark ugly girl :Erm:, oh is your g/f talking about .. ooooh becareful now,,, dark skinned filipina's , can't be not seen many ugly filipina's :D.. lots of them ? where in the uk ??

my my old friend malc, lives in the land of the rising sun now. use to say about arab men "women are for babies, men are for pleasure" :omg:

KeithD
30th June 2007, 09:10
Your girlfriend is obviously uneducated in that area then. :NoNo:

And do you always go reading parts you obviously know you shouldn't, and then spouting off in public what you seen? No better than one of these low lives that sell crap to the papers. I bet you go around reading everyones diaries as well. :NoNo:

aromulus
30th June 2007, 09:37
Your girlfriend is obviously uneducated in that area then. :NoNo:

And do you always go reading parts you obviously know you shouldn't, and then spouting off in public what you seen? No better than one of these low lives that sell crap to the papers. I bet you go around reading everyones diaries as well. :NoNo:

Always straight to the point "our" kid...:icon_lol:

I have only a small comment to make in regard of the original post...

"""NO COMMENT !!!"""

This is too profound for my way of thinking :Erm:.
I have been scratching my head on this one for a while, and I have splinters under my fingernails now....:NoNo:

bornatbirth
30th June 2007, 10:15
you mean i shouldnt go there win2win?how was it i was allowed there?

and u edited me why?

KeithD
30th June 2007, 11:17
Because I am the owner of the site, and my job is to ensure a happy forum, and people posting snide remarks from information they know is not supposed to be publicly available are irresponsible.

Mrs Daddy
30th June 2007, 12:57
plz dont be offended!

my gf says that foreign men like dark ugly girls and thinks they like the dark skin as its exotic?
i did tell her the dark girls are not ugly,so any dark girl that comes within a mile of me she checks to see if im looking at them,which is amusing as there is alot of them! lol its funny how the mind of a woman works:doh
also most guys from there prefer light girls to dark girls,and thinks its funny as my gf is light with a foreign bf!

Is your gf a filipina?she musn`t say that.She really has a limited knowledge about it.I am dark doesn`t mean I am ugly my hubby said he loves my color :D
Does your gf thinks that she`s more beatiful than dark girls?Blimey:dohshe`s just insecure:D

eljean
30th June 2007, 17:03
maybe she just said that because we try harder to make our skin fairer/whiter as we Filipino find it beautiful and attractive someone that has a whiter complexion so i also wonder sometimes what foreigner really likes about us is it really the skin color or the way we are?maybe she herself find it ugly based on skin color...having a fair complexion in the Phil really makes you look richer and very beautiful set an example that all those popular tv icon are half breed mostly having a foreign father... actually i am as well as wondering about some irony about skin color like we in the Philippines we find someone that is white very beautiful as naturally we are brown in nature while in here (england) all products i could see is tanning they really find it very very attractive to have brown skin ...and they making there white skin brown :cwm34:they love being brown and darker...same for me i find whiter people attractive ....i guess we just like and want the things we don"t have:rolleyes:

hilda_danao
30th June 2007, 17:48
I agree with eljean 100% :). I remember in Philippine movies, if the actress portrays the role of ugly woman, they will make her skin black/dark & her hair into afro-like. In Philippines, most people are brown that's why we think white are more attractive. Here in uk, most of them are white so they find brown/dark attractive. I think we find rare beautiful.

andypaul
1st July 2007, 09:34
I just presumed its on the status.

In the years gone by when people in the UK if rich would want to show they did not have to work so would be pale ie didn't work in the fields as a labourer and would go to powder them selves so they were as pale as possible.
More recently a tan showed you were not chained to the office desk or stuck behind the till, and could go out in the sun shine or afford plenty of holidays abroad.

In phill, india etc it still appears to be the other way round.

IainBusby
1st July 2007, 10:15
Opposites Attract !!!

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2007, 16:59
maybe she just said that because we try harder to make our skin fairer/whiter as we Filipino find it beautiful and attractive someone that has a whiter complexion so i also wonder sometimes what foreigner really likes about us is it really the skin color or the way we are?maybe she herself find it ugly based on skin color...having a fair complexion in the Phil really makes you look richer and very beautiful set an example that all those popular tv icon are half breed mostly having a foreign father... actually i am as well as wondering about some irony about skin color like we in the Philippines we find someone that is white very beautiful as naturally we are brown in nature while in here (england) all products i could see is tanning they really find it very very attractive to have brown skin ...and they making there white skin brown :cwm34:they love being brown and darker...same for me i find whiter people attractive ....i guess we just like and want the things we don"t have:rolleyes:

thats very true:xxgrinning--00xx3:It reminds me when hubby was with me in watsons in philly i was looking for a block and white whitening lotion and he was quite surprise and told me i dont have to be white because girls in uk spend a lot of fortune trying theirselves to be tan and us having natural tan skin are being blessed.in philippines there are whitening clinic and over the counter bleach and whitening soaps and etc.to make skin fairer.her everything is just the opposite everything got tanning clinic and tanning lotion so i stick to johnson`s baby lotion as i dont want tanning lotion:furious3:I dont know what would be the result if I used them:Dit makes you wonder:Erm:anyway they said balack is beatiful wh`re not really black doh:Erm::doh

KeithD
1st July 2007, 17:14
Filipino's are brown, British girls are orange :D

http://blog.buffalostate.edu/fashion/appareldesign/archives/Julie's%20Pictures%201%20148.jpg

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2007, 17:19
Filipino's are brown, British girls are orange :D

what more can i say?:D:action-smiley-081::icon_lol::omg::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sailor_JT
1st July 2007, 17:20
I love the colour of my wife and of our friends who are so called darker, many of those I hear spouting off in their dislike of colour spend a lot of time on the beach trying to get like it (odd that hu)

joebloggs
1st July 2007, 19:02
what makes me laugh is some brits spend money on getting a sun tan or fake tans, while in pinoyland they advertise products to make their skin lighter :omg:

crazy world :Rasp: maybe people want what they haven't got :D

scouser kieth whats a dead cert to make me some :REGamblMoney01HL1:

KeithD
1st July 2007, 20:32
Dead ones never win :Erm:

http://www.system-banker.co.uk/ will make you money the easy way. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
2nd July 2007, 22:14
once you've had asian you dont want caucasian hahahha

GaryFifer
2nd July 2007, 22:18
Go talk to Micheal Jackson.He knows all about this subject

mach
3rd July 2007, 03:25
Go talk to Micheal Jackson.He knows all about this subject

:icon_lol:

Peanutz
3rd July 2007, 08:04
I just presumed its on the status.

In the years gone by when people in the UK if rich would want to show they did not have to work so would be pale ie didn't work in the fields as a labourer and would go to powder them selves so they were as pale as possible.
More recently a tan showed you were not chained to the office desk or stuck behind the till, and could go out in the sun shine or afford plenty of holidays abroad.

In phill, india etc it still appears to be the other way round.

I think this is one issue that we inherited from the western culture and from our Asian country neighbours (China,Japan). Having a white complexion in Filippines means you are in the high/middle class of the society. This is quite a shame, because it reflects a confused culture identity of us filippino.
There is no white filippino, we are brown and I am one of those filippino who are proud of my complexion.:D

GaryFifer
3rd July 2007, 09:59
My girl is white she was born in Maasin.Shes not middle class.Shes farmer class White is just genes there.Her dad is white and hes from Cebu.Anyways I'm a kind of pale blue colour.Its cold in Scotland.Takes me a long time to go white in the sun. Talking about what colour people is just c**p. Unless they have been Tangoed! Love that orange picture. Having banter about country and town attitude is more fun. What about people in Manchester..?Ask Win2Win :)

Philip
3rd July 2007, 11:56
Yeah yuk, so many orange women in the UK!

KeithD
3rd July 2007, 14:32
I've always like brown......all the women I was with in Liverpool were dark.....although this usually vanished if they ever got near soap :cwm24:

Peanutz
3rd July 2007, 22:05
I've always like brown......all the women I was with in Liverpool were dark.....although this usually vanished if they ever got near soap :cwm24:

...Boss, their colour vanish before or after...:rolleyes::omg:?

:D

pennybarry
4th July 2007, 07:47
I used to bleach my skin before, whitening lotion etc. but my hubby said brown is sexy! No wonder why celebrities spray tan :omg:
I still want to have whiter skin:Brick:

Neophyte
4th July 2007, 16:52
After a beach holiday with my filipina fiancee, she said "Oh no! I'm so dark! Everyone will call me negra!". I was really surprised by that. She's a gorgeous colour. And there was I, trying to get as dark as possible! As Hilda said, we find whatever is rare beautiful. AndyPaul is also right about the economics of it. In Asia, pale means rich enough not to work outside. And in Europe, tan means rich enough to go on holiday! Personally, I think filipina women are beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen an ugly one.

aromulus
4th July 2007, 20:40
I think filipina women are beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen an ugly one.

And even the ugly one (if such thing exists) is well fit for

page 3....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Philip
7th July 2007, 11:16
I don't think I've ever seen an ugly one.

:cwm24:

http://www.rnib.org.uk/xpedio/groups/public/documents/PublicWebsite/public_gettingeyetest.hcsp

KeithD
7th July 2007, 11:58
I'd say this one is pretty ugly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/uk/03/singing_politicians/img/8.jpg

mamichris
9th July 2007, 01:20
I think this is one issue that we inherited from the western culture and from our Asian country neighbours (China,Japan). Having a white complexion in Filippines means you are in the high/middle class of the society. This is quite a shame, because it reflects a confused culture identity of us filippino.
There is no white filippino, we are brown and I am one of those filippino who are proud of my complexion.:D

i truly agree with you peanutz...us, filipina women should be proud of our complexion...it is really sad whenever i visit the philippines, most tv advertisements are all about skin whitening products and all...people spend so much money on a whitening lotion that doesn't even work. just a pure marketing tactic...
the media in the philippines has also put more pressure on the average filipinos & they do not represent of the filipinos living in the country...most of them are half fil and half west so it's obvious that their complexion will be a lot fairer than the locals. :Erm:

Peanutz
9th July 2007, 19:57
i truly agree with you peanutz...us, filipina women should be proud of our complexion...it is really sad whenever i visit the philippines, most tv advertisements are all about skin whitening products and all...people spend so much money on a whitening lotion that doesn't even work. just a pure marketing tactic...
the media in the philippines has also put more pressure on the average filipinos & they do not represent of the filipinos living in the country...most of them are half fil and half west so it's obvious that their complexion will be a lot fairer than the locals. :Erm:

I just hope that more of us filippinos would read our culture and understand our roots...It seems to me that most doesn't have much knowledge of where we came from, specially the new generation. They don't have much idea of what does it mean being filippinos. I totally agree with Pete when he mention that we Filippinos have a very weak sense of nationalism...It is our fault. We are still in search of our identity since we have been freed from the Spanish colonization.

bigtombowski
13th July 2007, 00:06
marivic is darker than she looks in the pic u see here, and i tell you - i wouldn't have it any other way (anyway my most recent exes had been a long term relationship with a Jamaican and the 2 previous ones were with africans, so i can say, i love dark skin . . .. ) for me marivic's tone is PERFECT! she is lovely and guapa for me and i love her for who she is :D:D

charlwill
12th August 2007, 11:11
Hi bornatbirth,
Yes i have heard that too that foreign men prefers dark skinned girls. When i got separated 9 yrs ago i was told by one lady friend of mine that i can't find a foreign bf since i have fair skin and considered in the Phils as "maganda". No offense here..... so i thought all foreigners prefers the opposite of what i have..... I have told my fiance about this when i met him but was told that it depends on the person. Well, there is a saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder"..

DARK SKIN IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COLOR IN THE WORLD. ALL WOMEN WHO HAVE DARK SKIN IS BEAUTIFUL ESP. ALL FILIPINAS.

Shifty-Sidney
12th August 2007, 12:02
You really know how to creep! - you will go far on here:icon_lol:

charlwill
12th August 2007, 12:14
You really know how to creep! - you will go far on here:icon_lol:

I am filipina Mark, so I just happen to know that being dark skinned is more beautiful than the other color.

jeffro
12th August 2007, 12:27
Every colour is beautiful,its the love inside heart and soul of a person what makes them more beautiful.I spoke to my gf earlier this morning on my mobile,,and her voice is so sweet n woweeeeeeeeeeee,she is sooo precious and sweet n kind n loving,im a very lucky man,and if she was purple i would still love and cherish her.But i must admit,i do love her tan!!!!

charlwill
12th August 2007, 12:43
Every colour is beautiful,its the love inside heart and soul of a person what makes them more beautiful.I spoke to my gf earlier this morning on my mobile,,and her voice is so sweet n woweeeeeeeeeeee,she is sooo precious and sweet n kind n loving,im a very lucky man,and if she was purple i would still love and cherish her.But i must admit,i do love her tan!!!!

Well, yes, it is indeed!!! but TAN is more beautiful.

jeffro
12th August 2007, 13:10
Well, yes, it is indeed!!! but TAN is more beautiful.

:)i have to agree :):):BouncyHappy:,tan is more beautiful:):)

eljean
12th August 2007, 13:27
how bout skinless?hehe:icon_lol:

Shifty-Sidney
12th August 2007, 14:03
Skinless is good, as long as it is chicken and doesnt have a shell around it!
Balurt makes me cringe!

tiger@tigress
12th August 2007, 21:31
how bout skinless?hehe:icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

ladyskype
13th August 2007, 06:29
yeah, it's human nature, wanting something you don't have.

We Filipinos had just been "well fed" with advertisements that white is beautiful...thus the whitening products.

But it's our complexion, and brown gives us extra protection from the sun, more melanin...hehe...

Mich
13th August 2007, 07:14
foreign guys think that dark-skinned lass is an EXOTIC beauty. thats why more and more foreigners wanted filipina for a partner (gf, spouse...) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
13th August 2007, 08:43
These days covering a white English girl in dark chocolate is cheaper than the visa process :Erm:

Les_lady888
15th August 2007, 07:09
I would say that color doesnt really matter.....Whether you are white or black, dark or light, brown or blue :yikes: :icon_lol:...what matters most is how you feel about yourself....If you feel good then you will always feel beautiful and desireable :xxgrinning--00xx3: whatever your color is :)

gracia143
15th August 2007, 07:15
These days covering a white English girl in dark chocolate is cheaper than the visa process :Erm:

:NoNo: :NoNo::NoNo:

Pepe n Pilar
15th August 2007, 08:06
beauty Is In The Eys Of The Beholder

Pepe n Pilar
15th August 2007, 08:07
beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder

KeithD
15th August 2007, 08:41
Lot of echo's :Erm:

charlwill
15th August 2007, 10:49
beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder

AGREE!!! VERY WELL SAID!!!!

PeterB
15th August 2007, 20:18
I'm trying to educate Ruby to think like this! I just think that she's so gorgeous, but she thinks her colour is 'ugly'! :(

ebony
16th August 2007, 14:47
Ebony and Ivory. Thats how my bf and me describe our skin colors. We both love that song and our skin color.:BouncyHappy:

tommyw
16th August 2007, 18:37
Ebony and Ivory. Thats how my bf and me describe our skin colors. We both love that song and our skin color.:BouncyHappy:

We're more like coffee and cream.:cwm12:

KeithD
16th August 2007, 21:35
Sand & lard :ARsurrender:

Alan
16th August 2007, 21:53
Skin colour - what does it matter? We marry the person surely and not the colour. It would not matter a jot to me if my Hanna had purple skin with yellow stripes - like mine! :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (GOD! I HATE cliches!)

God bless everyone on this Earth for what they are and who they are. :)

Al

Paul&Jesse
17th August 2007, 00:15
Skin colour - what does it matter? We marry the person surely and not the colour. It would not matter a jot to me if my Hanna had purple skin with yellow stripes - like mine! :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (GOD! I HATE cliches!)

God bless everyone on this Earth for what they are and who they are. :)

Al

Well put!

JOHN GRANT
23rd August 2007, 08:15
Dark or Light - Which is Best?

Dark or light? When I say this, I am referring of course to skin colour. This subject is something that has come very much to my attention since being in the Philippines.
I am writing this in a light hearted way, but I have noticed that in the Philippines skin whitening is a serious business. Advertisements on the television, in magazines, on billboards, in shops - in fact EVERYWHERE display the beauty of light skin. You can lighten your skin by using soap, by scrubbing, by having peels, by applying lotions, mixtures and potions that contain goodness knows what, there are so many ways short of casting a spell or performing voodoo to obtain that lovely white glow.
As an individual I do understand this in a way, because I am in the same situation but opposite. I am a white English man and in our country we desire and yearn for what we haven’t got too and that is a nice dark golden skin. We have exactly the same advertising ploys as the Philipinnes but showing brown skin is sexy, seductive, healthy and beautiful. We whitey’s lay on beaches or under sun lamps, frying ourselves and sizzling our skin to achieve that lovely cooked look.
Who is right and who is wrong? In England we truly believe tanned brown skin is associated with good health and it makes us feel happier and more confident and more sexy. The Filipinos hide from the sun and don’t want to go dark, believing light and white is beautiful.
Obviously it is a case of “the grass is always greener on the other side” meaning we always want what we don’t have. We spend our lives, our money, our time on desiring what we don’t have, and trying to achieve it. The big money making companies are really to blame, because they encourage us to feel this way, they stimulate our insecurities, they coax and push us to spend our money on these stupid methods and ideas of changing our skin colours. From dark to light, from white to brown, does it really matter?
“We are beautiful, no matter what they say
Words can’t bring me down”
to quote from a famous pop song, for it is true. We are all beautiful in our own way and if only we all stopped obsessing about these ridiculous things we would be able to spend much more time on the important things in life.
So to answer the question - Dark or Light? Which is best?
The answer is - neither - they are just different but just as good.

KeithD
23rd August 2007, 09:02
The above thread was moved from a new thread, as you can see JOHN GRANT (shouting), if you had searched you would have discovered your interest mostly answered.

aphrael
2nd September 2007, 08:59
I'm of the opinion that any white girl who still looks good (pretty, or whatever else you can use as a synonymous adjective) when her skin gets browned is truly pretty. Not everyone looks good with brown skin, you know.

Shifty-Sidney
2nd September 2007, 09:38
Brown or white - makes no difference really, it is the person inside who makes the outside shine!
Although i do know some really nice girls who scare small animals

aphrael
2nd September 2007, 09:44
True dat, Mark (first sentence). But when dealing with people you can never really tell. A lot of folks have gotten really good at being posers that it's scary!

Shifty-Sidney
2nd September 2007, 09:47
You never can tell???
I know this is true :bigcry: heheheh
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - some men (and women) like their partners to be big, small, fat, thin etc.
there is something and someone for us all.

wynna
2nd September 2007, 20:22
"God created all things beautiful" so whatever the color is, dark or white, we're all beautiful. But then again aside from the skin color there's always something special within a certain person that captures somebody else's heart. So Bornatbirth,if your gf says that dark skinned ones are ugly then i totally disagree with her.

aromulus
2nd September 2007, 20:43
You never can tell???
I know this is true :bigcry: heheheh
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - some men (and women) like their partners to be big, small, fat, thin etc.
there is something and someone for us all.

More like " beer holder"...:icon_lol::icon_lol:

vrn
9th January 2008, 15:38
salute John Grant, well said^-^

fred
10th January 2008, 01:02
It seems that the whitening agents in the antiperspirant here are further whitening my arm pits..How embarrassing!!
Looks like another day on the terrace facing the suns harmful rays are in order to combat this problem.
If its not one thing..Its another..:NoNo:

Mrs.JMajor
10th January 2008, 13:57
i like your reply mrs daddy,make me smile and yes i agree w/ you,i been spend so much money for glutathione and any kind of whitening but my soon to be hubby said,he love me so much for what i am hehehe...see be proud of bieng tan,of (sigh) she said shes dark hmmm (thinking) how dark she is (brrrrrrrrr)