PDA

View Full Version : Jeepneys

lastlid
15th April 2012, 11:10
This short video was put together by the same pair of American guys that did the Taho video. This time they give a glimpse of going in to the Jeepney driving business.....this is as close as I ever got to riding in one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSSZZFj85L8&feature=relmfu

Koala
16th April 2012, 23:49
Actually they did a good job......I have only driven once in Manila and that was to drive my new car to the pier for transport by ship to Cebu.

Manila is not as easy as you think to drive around specially if you don't know your way around or the one way streets.

grahamw48
17th April 2012, 00:10
At least the Americans are used to driving on the wrong side of the road. :)

I've had a car in the Phils, a couple of Scooters and a pushbike.

'Interesting' driving the car through Manila, but do-able if you keep your wits about you. My longest trip was down to the province and back (500 miles, including crossing from one side of Manila to the other).

Scooter...didn't like, but never comfy on motorbikes anyway, and seemed to spend half my time fixing the damned things (in the front room :) ).

Pushbike was great for nipping to the shops etc, but coming home from the bar in the dark, pissed as per normal was quite exciting. :icon_lol:

lastlid
17th April 2012, 06:58
I was fortunate to have a driver in the Philippines (school bus driver). I am so glad I didn't have to drive in Manila.........:omg:

RickyR
17th April 2012, 14:36
haha dunno what your all complaining about. When my parents came to the Philippines, they kept their eyes closed when I was driving. Apparently I drive like a local.....

sars_notd_virus
18th April 2012, 10:27
haha dunno what your all complaining about. When my parents came to the Philippines, they kept their eyes closed when I was driving. Apparently I drive like a local.....

:icon_lol::icon_lol: