PDA

View Full Version : Titanic 3D

lastlid
13th April 2012, 20:38
Anybody been already? Even if it is to just take the "trouble and strife".....how is it in 3D?

We have only just got it here on the IOM today, so me and Mrs Lastlid are going tomorrow.

Dedworth
13th April 2012, 20:45
Wife nagged me into seeing Avatar the other year - not impressed daft film and I thought the 3D was fairly mediocre. I fell asleep 3/4 way through it

lastlid
13th April 2012, 20:51
Wife nagged me into seeing Avatar the other year - not impressed daft film and I thought the 3D was fairly mediocre. I fell asleep 3/4 way through it

Just like in your Avatar.....:icon_lol:

Dedworth
13th April 2012, 20:53
Just like in your Avatar.....:icon_lol:

Exactly :icon_lol:

raynaputi
13th April 2012, 20:56
I've watched Titanic before a LOT of times and I don't think seeing it in 3D now would make any difference for me..so I would pass on that..but contrary to what Dedworth thought, I've watched Avatar in 3D with my siblings when I was still in Manila and we all think it was great :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
13th April 2012, 20:58
As rayna says once you have seen a film i don't think it will make much differance in 3D & to be honest 3D doesn't really interest me:NoNo:

lastlid
13th April 2012, 21:09
I was talking to someone who has a 3D telly, the other day and they said that it hurts their eyes. I have found the same at the cinema sometimes........

lastlid
13th April 2012, 21:12
Some women want to watch Titanic a million times though....

Dedworth
13th April 2012, 21:13
I was talking to someone who has a 3D telly the other day and they said that it hurts their eyes. I have found the same at the cinema sometimes........

A pal's Dad has more money than sense and is always buying the latest gadgets - apparently his 3D telly does the same to him

lastlid
13th April 2012, 21:14
A pal's Dad has more money than sense and is always buying the latest gadgets - apparently his 3D telly does the same to him

Either the novelty will wear off or maybe the technology will improve.....

Terpe
14th April 2012, 09:20
I was talking to someone who has a 3D telly, the other day and they said that it hurts their eyes. I have found the same at the cinema sometimes........

Yes this happened to both me and the wife.
One of our friends has 3D TV and whilst the effects on demo videos were fascinating it was only about 5-10 mins that our eyes felt strained. I also began to feel a little nauseous.
I've never been to the cinema to watch 3D so will be interested to learn from your experience.

mickcant
14th April 2012, 11:17
I liked the demo 3d in the shop on a TV, but decided not to get one just went for a good 40inch HD Samsung, it seems a good TV.

Would like to see Titanic in 3D but do not like going to cinema's

Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ynwa
14th April 2012, 15:02
hi lastlid, me and hub watched Titanic in 3D last Saturday at The Printworks. It is just the same as the old one not brilliant but it will do. No matter how many times i watched that film I still cannot stop my tears. I enjoyed my 5 0z steak at Henry J Beans rather than Titanic 3D.
It's worth a try with the Mrs though :)

lastlid
14th April 2012, 15:55
hi lastlid, me and hub watched Titanic in 3D last Saturday at The Printworks. It is just the same as the old one not brilliant but it will do. No matter how many times i watched that film I still cannot stop my tears. I enjoyed my 5 0z steak at Henry J Beans rather than Titanic 3D.
It's worth a try with the Mrs though :)

I know the printworks :xxgrinning--00xx3:.....last movie I watched in Manchester was at the Trafford Centre - Hunger Games, a few weeks back. Yes. I am sure Mrs Lastlid will enjoy it even though it will be the millionth time she has seen it.....:icon_lol:

lastlid
14th April 2012, 15:57
...............but decided not to get one just went for a good 40inch HD Samsung, it seems a good TV.

I have its slightly smaller brother. Good TV :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
14th April 2012, 15:59
Yes this happened to both me and the wife.
One of our friends has 3D TV and whilst the effects on demo videos were fascinating it was only about 5-10 mins that our eyes felt strained. I also began to feel a little nauseous.
I've never been to the cinema to watch 3D so will be interested to learn from your experience.

I have seen a handful of 3D movies now. And to be honest the novelty has worn off a little now. The first I saw was the latest Harry Potter movie, back in the autumn.

stevie c
14th April 2012, 16:03
I have its slightly smaller brother. Good TV :xxgrinning--00xx3:

When i buy a tv it is always a sony i have never had any probs with sony...I have only replaced a sony with another sony just for upgrade reasons.

Everyone has there own choice of brand i guess.

Arthur Little
14th April 2012, 16:48
it hurts their eyes. I have found the same at the cinema sometimes........

... :yeahthat: ... think I'd probably be the same!

Arthur Little
14th April 2012, 17:02
... :yeahthat: ... think I'd probably be the same!

Indeed, I know I would :rolleyes: ... because - whenever flash photography [or the like] is used on television - I tend to divert my eyes away from the screen.

lastlid
14th April 2012, 22:57
Whatever floats ones boat eh?

Did 3D add anything to this movie? It stands as a great movie for several reasons in any case and therefore, for that reason, 3D only really adds a little to it. Did 3D add anything to Rose's pose? I will leave you to judge for yourself....:D

"The story could not have been written better...The juxtaposition of rich and poor, the gender roles played out unto death (women first), the stoicism and nobility of a bygone age, the magnificence of the great ship matched in scale only by the folly of the men who drove her hell-bent through the darkness. And above all the lesson: that life is uncertain, the future unknowable...the unthinkable possible."
— James Cameron

Had the odd twinge of pain with the 3D glasses...

grahamw48
14th April 2012, 23:38
When i buy a tv it is always a sony i have never had any probs with sony...I have only replaced a sony with another sony just for upgrade reasons.

Everyone has there own choice of brand i guess.

I like Sony too...so I have a 42" Samsung AND a Sony, side by side....the new and the old. :icon_lol:

You can guess who gets to watch the old steam-powered one while sonny boy is busy with his games on the big screen. :cwm3:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/171/hwoodapril11005.jpg

grahamw48
14th April 2012, 23:45
Haven't even seen the original 'Titanic'...don't think. :Erm:

Actually I find it all a bit morbid to be honest. :cwm3:

I did see Avatar on the telly recently...always wait til it's free of course, :D and I really rather enjoyed it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
15th April 2012, 00:52
Watched :grosyeux: the 3-part documentary on BBC2 ... in which 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge, Len Goodman - himself a former employee of Messrs Harland & Wolfe, the Belfast Shipbuilders responsible for Titanic's construction - interviewed descendants of those fortunate enough to survive the sinking.

Rivetting ['scuse pun!] stuff! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

There's currently a four-part mini series on ITV. Screened between 9 & 10 o'clock on Sunday evenings ... it predictably draws comparisons between the vastly different lifestyles on board what was, in 1912, the world's greatest ocean-going liner ... focusing, alternately, on passengers and crew alike. Scheduled to conclude *tonight, the *date coincides with the commemoration ceremony to mark the centennial of the disaster. :sorry-2:

lastlid
15th April 2012, 09:32
Watched :grosyeux: the 3-part documentary on BBC2 ... in which 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge, Len Goodman - himself a former employee of Messrs Harland & Wolfe, the Belfast Shipbuilders responsible for Titanic's construction - interviewed descendants of those fortunate enough to survive the sinking.

Rivetting ['scuse pun!] stuff! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

There's currently a four-part mini series on ITV. Screened between 9 & 10 o'clock on Sunday evenings ... it predictably draws comparisons between the vastly different lifestyles on board what was, in 1912, the world's greatest ocean-going liner ... focusing, alternately, on passengers and crew alike. Scheduled to conclude *tonight, the *date coincides with the commemoration ceremony to mark the centennial of the disaster. :sorry-2:

Yes, I saw the first two episodes of the Len Goodman 3 part series. I missed yesterdays as I was at the cinema...but haven't seen the 4 part mini series. And yes, such a wider chasm is our society in those days where a 1st class ticket was more likely to gaurantee your survival.... I dont see the Titanic as just a disaster movie in the same way as I dont just see it as a love story. It has many facettes to it.

lastlid
15th April 2012, 09:38

Indeed Lenny Goodman as opposed to Benny Goodman was evidently an ex welder.....

Arthur Little
15th April 2012, 09:50
And yes, such a wider chasm is our society in those days where a 1st class ticket was more likely to gaurantee your survival.... I dont see the Titanic as just a disaster movie in the same way as I dont just see it as a love story. It has many facettes to it.

Oh, undoubtedly, :iagree: ... last week's episode gave some insight into the lives of those 3rd Class passengers [called "Steerage"] bound for New York's Ellis Island in search of (what they hoped) would provide them and their families with improved living standards. :rolleyes: Alas, almost all of these poor people hadn't a cat's chance in hell of survival after the vessel collided with the iceberg. :bigcry:

lastlid
15th April 2012, 10:02
Oh, undoubtedly, :iagree: ... last week's episode gave some insight into the lives of those 3rd Class passengers [called "Steerage"] bound for New York's Ellis Island in search of (what they hoped) would provide them and their families with improved living standards. :rolleyes: Alas, almost all of these poor people hadn't a cat's chance in hell of survival after the vessel collided with the iceberg. :bigcry:

Yeah. Imagine if our flights to the Philippines were run in the same way with 3rd class tickets......:omg:

lastlid
15th April 2012, 13:00
"A tribute to man's arrogance". So said one of the survivors who was 7 at the time and watched it sink from the lifeboats.....

andy222
15th April 2012, 13:45
I've watched Titanic before a LOT of times and I don't think seeing it in 3D now would make any difference for me..so I would pass on that..but contrary to what Dedworth thought, I've watched Avatar in 3D with my siblings when I was still in Manila and we all think it was great :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I saw AVATAR too I thought it was good.:xxgrinning--00xx3: To be fair Titanic was good too but I think I skip the 3d.

fred
16th April 2012, 00:41
I watched a really interesting programme on the National Geographic Channel last night called 'Titanic,CASE CLOSED!'
After watching it,as far as I`m concerned it is!
Excellent TV.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://natgeotv.com/ca/titanic-case-closed

mickcant
16th April 2012, 07:02
As far a Titinac the film now in 3D, I think the Kennith More one
"A night to remember" a much better film:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

lastlid
16th April 2012, 07:08
As far a Titinac the film now in 3D, I think the Kennith More one
"A night to remember" a much better film:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)
And an appropriate title too....

lastlid
16th April 2012, 07:21
I watched a really interesting programme on the National Geographic Channel last night called 'Titanic,CASE CLOSED!'
After watching it,as far as I`m concerned it is!
Excellent TV.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://natgeotv.com/ca/titanic-case-closed

Basically all the cheese holes lined up that night....

"In the documentary, Titanic: Case Closed, Maltin presents a revolutionary new theory which offers an examination of the Titanic’s ill-fated voyage and tragic final hours, pieced together with dramatic recreation and narration. The two-hour special uses vivid computer generated images and a series of experiments, bringing to life the unique conditions of the night that rendered Titanic doomed.
He had been plagued with one question: How could this tragedy happen? Despite a clear night with the best captain of its day and a first class crew, the world’s most luxurious ocean liner sank, taking with her the lives of more than 1,500 people.
His mission took him to the ocean and the deserts, looking at temperatures, scouring logs that had never been looked at before. He found his answer literally written in the stars.
Evidence illustrated by two unlikely resources — the glittering lights of Las Vegas and a desert mirage — indicate that Titanic sailed straight into a strange combination of atmospheric conditions ultimately responsible for deceiving many experienced people on a very cold night in the middle of the North Atlantic a century ago.
Titanic: Case Closed deals with controversy surrounding the exact location of the nearby ship SS Californian and why it did not come to the aid of the Titanic immediately after the tragedy". Etc etc ...

Read more: SHOWBIZ: New light on Titanic tragedy - Sunday Life & Times - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/life-times/sunday-life-times/showbiz-new-light-on-titanic-tragedy-1.73916#ixzz1sBKLNj4E

raynaputi
16th April 2012, 08:50
Basically all the cheese holes lined up that night....

"In the documentary, Titanic: Case Closed, Maltin presents a revolutionary new theory which offers an examination of the Titanic’s ill-fated voyage and tragic final hours, pieced together with dramatic recreation and narration. The two-hour special uses vivid computer generated images and a series of experiments, bringing to life the unique conditions of the night that rendered Titanic doomed.
He had been plagued with one question: How could this tragedy happen? Despite a clear night with the best captain of its day and a first class crew, the world’s most luxurious ocean liner sank, taking with her the lives of more than 1,500 people.
His mission took him to the ocean and the deserts, looking at temperatures, scouring logs that had never been looked at before. He found his answer literally written in the stars.
Evidence illustrated by two unlikely resources — the glittering lights of Las Vegas and a desert mirage — indicate that Titanic sailed straight into a strange combination of atmospheric conditions ultimately responsible for deceiving many experienced people on a very cold night in the middle of the North Atlantic a century ago.
Titanic: Case Closed deals with controversy surrounding the exact location of the nearby ship SS Californian and why it did not come to the aid of the Titanic immediately after the tragedy". Etc etc ...

Read more: SHOWBIZ: New light on Titanic tragedy - Sunday Life & Times - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/life-times/sunday-life-times/showbiz-new-light-on-titanic-tragedy-1.73916#ixzz1sBKLNj4E

I've watched it this weekend and it's very interesting..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
16th April 2012, 11:29
I've seen quite a few films in 3D at the cinema now, some I had the chance of seeing 2D or 3D and some I didn't get the chance as the 2D versions were at inconvenient times! To be honest with a lot of them, you don't really notice much difference and it's just a way of them charging more money. Certain action films, science-fiction and cartoons can look effective in 3D, but with a lot, I don't see the point in them being in 3D! At the moment even some streetdance film is in 3D! Why does that need to be in 3D?! :rolleyes::doh