PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up - Morden Barrio Fiesta 2012 (Fiesta ng Kalayaan 2012 - Morden)

Dedworth
13th April 2012, 17:02
Morden Barrio Fiesta 2012 (Fiesta ng Kalayaan 2012 - Morden)

09-10 June 2012.

Free event.

Morden Park, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX

Free Shuttle Service from Morden Tube Station (Northern Line)

http://www.adoborice.com/filipino-events/09-june/Morden-Barrio-Fiesta-2012--Fiesta-ng-Kalayaan-2012---Morden-.aspx

South-east boy
16th April 2012, 12:50
Has anyone been to that one yet? I've only been to the one in July.

bigmarco
18th April 2012, 00:24
Now if the British Embassy in Manila would respond favourably to our letter of reconsideration my wife could be over in time for this as it's right on our doorstep

Dedworth
18th April 2012, 00:32
Now if the British Embassy in Manila would respond favourably to our letter of reconsideration my wife could be over in time for this as it's right on our doorstep

Fingers crossed she is :)

Dedworth
23rd April 2012, 08:17
Has anyone been to that one yet? I've only been to the one in July.

We've been a few times it's pretty good, smaller than Hounslow but easier for parking and there's a free shuttle bus from the tube station

threestars
23rd April 2012, 10:20
Hi everyone! I'm going to London for Barrio Fiesta 2012. Can anyone please help me find an affordable house to rent (I'm going to be with 7 people) for 22 days [June 25-July 16]? Preferably owned by a Filipino and quite near the Lampton Park or within the Filipino community at Earle's Court...

Thank you so much!

bigmarco
23rd April 2012, 22:04
Hi everyone! I'm going to London for Barrio Fiesta 2012. Can anyone please help me find an affordable house to rent (I'm going to be with 7 people) for 22 days [June 25-July 16]? Preferably owned by a Filipino and quite near the Lampton Park or within the Filipino community at Earle's Court...

Thank you so much!

Hi Threestars
Your probably best checking with friends as in July we have the biggest circus in the World coming to London along with many visitors from all over the world. The chances of you getting cheap accomodation in Earls Court around this time will be very slim.
Good Luck in your search

Dedworth
8th June 2012, 11:32
It's a shame but in view of the weather forecast I don't think we'll be going.

Bluebirdjones
8th June 2012, 12:01
Saturday, from midday-early evening look ok on the weather front, but Sunday looks a complete wash-out.

Additionally, the weather down this way last night & this morning ain't too clever, so the ground has to be sodden.

But, if you are going and don't fancy paying their carparking prices, I'd suggest this free option.... just a 4-5 min walk across the playing fields.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=524621&y=167917&z=110&sv=524621,167917&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=721&ax=524621&ay=167917&lm=0

Dedworth
8th June 2012, 15:05
Saturday, from midday-early evening look ok on the weather front, but Sunday looks a complete wash-out.

Additionally, the weather down this way last night & this morning ain't too clever, so the ground has to be sodden.

But, if you are going and don't fancy paying their carparking prices, I'd suggest this free option.... just a 4-5 min walk across the playing fields.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=524621&y=167917&z=110&sv=524621,167917&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=721&ax=524621&ay=167917&lm=0

Thanks for that we've either parked in the street or got the bus from the tube station - your tip looks nicely tucked away out the back

Dedworth
13th June 2012, 21:11
Did you go BBJ ? We didn't. 3 weeks till the main one.

Bluebirdjones
14th June 2012, 09:37
No, I suggested it to Mrs BBJ and her reply was "It's always the same thing.... same stalls, same food, same people trying to sell you their boxes, same people trying to sell you condos in Makati .... "

..... and then she hit me with the punchline... "let's go to Westfield instead"

somebody
3rd July 2012, 21:19
We ended up at this totally by chance as we were guests at the registery office and then saw the signs while in the car park which was quite funny as the smattering of Phills at the event all sneaked off to go and stuff there faces at the festival:D Was quite a bit smaller than the hounslow event but seemed far more friendly and community based with not quite so much propety selling as Hounslow was :NoNo:

The food was great and the ca parking seemed to be shared with the registry office which was free on Sundays but chargeable on the saturday and weekdays. Don't ban on a space as the registry office had several events on being summer and this meant quite a bit of queueing going on for a space.

The wife is thinking of going next year and not bothering with the Hounslow event (even though Hounslow far nearer and easier to get to) which is becoming a bit of a monster with all the hawking and promotional in your face selling plus the cost..

Dedworth
4th July 2012, 00:24
We ended up at this totally by chance as we were guests at the registery office and then saw the signs while in the car park which was quite funny as the smattering of Phills at the event all sneaked off to go and stuff there faces at the festival:D Was quite a bit smaller than the hounslow event but seemed far more friendly and community based with not quite so much propety selling as Hounslow was :NoNo:

The food was great and the ca parking seemed to be shared with the registry office which was free on Sundays but chargeable on the saturday and weekdays. Don't ban on a space as the registry office had several events on being summer and this meant quite a bit of queueing going on for a space.

The wife is thinking of going next year and not bothering with the Hounslow event (even though Hounslow far nearer and easier to get to) which is becoming a bit of a monster with all the hawking and promotional in your face selling plus the cost..

Quite right been every year since 2007 except this year. Easy, low key, friendly, not in your face, less spivs, really nice day out etc spring to mind.

I prefer it to Hounslow