PDA

View Full Version : cost

Moy
13th April 2012, 13:11
anyone has the idea how much is the cost of a brand new fridge in Phillipines right now:)
a reasonable:D but will last long..at least:rolleyes:..the fridge we bought when we left:doh been out of service:cwm3: now sadly and i think its time to replace new i hope:Jump:

grahamw48
13th April 2012, 18:15
I found that most electrical goods were about the same price as here in the UK. :)

Moy
13th April 2012, 18:18
AH ,,Thanks for the reply Graham:)

Terpe
13th April 2012, 20:37
Try here:-
http://wowcity.com/link_to.php?url=http://www.smappliance.com/

lastlid
13th April 2012, 20:42
Its that blQQdy ant again....

Moy
13th April 2012, 20:47
Try here:-
http://wowcity.com/link_to.php?url=http://www.smappliance.com/

thanks antz:D:omg: i mean Terpe:D

cobbler
12th June 2012, 06:31
Hi everyone we're coming to live in Dipolog area by next year and we can't wait for it to happen. At the moment my wife who is filippino and I live in York, N. Yorks uk:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Can anyone tell me how much is the monthly cost of living out there?

Steve.r
12th June 2012, 07:37

Depends how you want to live........ :Erm:

benjy
12th June 2012, 08:32
Hi everyone we're coming to live in Dipolog area by next year and we can't wait for it to happen. At the moment my wife who is filippino and I live in York, N. Yorks uk:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:welcome fellow "yorky":xxgrinning--00xx3:

BoholoX
12th June 2012, 15:21

Welcome also from a freshly domiciled Yorky also.

As mentioned, depends on how you want to live. I've just got back after 6 years and led a reasonable lifestyle (occasional eating out/imported food/broadband/mobiles/satalite/SUV) in a rented western style apartment and for me, my wife, young son and a hungry labrador we really needed about P50,000 a month. Some of my friends managed P20k, others P80k. Electricity is expensive, petrol is creeping up. Too many variables I'm afraid you'll just have to see when you get there!

cobbler
13th June 2012, 10:01
Thanks for your help. Going on what you've said I should be ok on PHP102510 per month!:)

cobbler
13th June 2012, 10:04
Greeting to you also "Yorky"

Are you planning on moving to the Philippines also?:)

Arthur Little
13th June 2012, 17:57
Going on what you've said I should be ok on PHP102510 per month! :)

102,510Php=£1,545.09 pcm.

:yeahthat:

:anerikke: ... you certainly won't be living "on a SHOEstring"!

Terpe
13th June 2012, 19:56
102,510Php=£1,545.09 pcm.

:yeahthat:

:anerikke: ... you certainly won't be living "on a SHOEstring"!

That's very very close to the new UKBA income threshold for family migration, which many folks can't reach.

By the way Mr Cobbler are you aware of the benefits of the Double Taxation agreement between UK and Philippines?
If yes, well done on your thorough research.

If not read on:-
The UK and Philippines has a “double taxation agreement”

This means that when you receive pension payments, those payments should only be taxed once if you’re living in a country with which Britain has a double taxation agreement.

If there is no double taxation agreement in effect between the two countries, you can expect to be taxed twice.

Normally, your pension will be taxed at source in the UK but, if you are resident abroad, and you let HMRC know that your pension will be taxed in your country of residence, the tax in the UK will not be applied.

Where that is the case, and you make a claim for relief, HMRC will authorise payment of your pension without deduction of tax.

You will need to obtain a TIN (Tax Identification Number) from Phils BIR and send this to HMRC as evidence.

Currently income from pensions are taxed at 0% in Philippines.

There are some "government" pensions which are not applicable, but these can usually be taken care of by your personal allowances.

Pensions tax is more fun in the Philippines :D

cobbler
14th June 2012, 06:21
Thanks for your advice Terpe, yes I had an idea regarding double taxation but I had no details about it. One of the many reasons I want to leave UK is it's becoming too expensive to live here so If what you say is true I'll finally receive my pension tax free. By the way 102,510php is my pension after paying UK tax so you have just concreted my idea of moving to the Philippines:icon_lol:
hanks once again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

BoholoX
14th June 2012, 11:16
Well good luck, you seem to be in a better position than alot of retirees I met there. My time in the RP is done for now but I'll certainly consider retiring there but that's 20 years hence.

Just a few things to be aware of although I'm sure you've done you homework, but dont underestimate the expenses of
Visa renewals, ACR card, exit clearance and 13a Prob and Perm or SRRV
Return trips to UK
Purchase and replacement (nothing lasts in this climate) of electrical goods, TVs, computers, fridges etc. Warranties are practically worthless and the reason things are cheap here is cos they're crap. Branded goods are more than the UK
Electricity if running aircon units
Schooling to a decent level
Availability and quality of healthcare
Security (best get a big dog)
Occasional trips to a Manila/Cebu to sort paperwork and stock up on favourites.
Vehicles both new and secondhand are ridiculously expensive, insurance policies worthless
Dont get a bike or ride on a habel2, just not worth it.

This isnt a downer post on the RP, just practicalities. Enjoy your future under the sun.