13th April 2012, 09:45
Unlucky for the North Koreans....:icon_lol:

Terpe
13th April 2012, 10:22
Unlucky for the North Koreans....:icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terpe
13th April 2012, 10:27
In a previous life when I did a lot of travelling, Friday the 13th was always a day I would not travel. I remember one time I even rescheduled a long haul flight for that very reason. I'm not usually overly superstitious, but ................Friday the 13th :omg:

mickcant
13th April 2012, 10:50
My luck has always been so bad it could not get any worse becouse its Friday the 13th:omg::NoNo::ReadIt:

Think low and anything is a bonus:hubbahubba:
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
13th April 2012, 10:53
:yikes::doh:omg::furious3::angry::Help1:
what a day, long story stuffed at work, got lots to do, it looks like me, the misses and the kids will be going to the phils tomoz, after being 99% certain last night we couldn't go :doh

Terpe
13th April 2012, 12:30
:yikes::doh:omg::furious3::angry::Help1:
what a day, long story stuffed at work, got lots to do, it looks like me, the misses and the kids will be going to the phils tomoz, after being 99% certain last night we couldn't go :doh

You all need and deserve the break. Really hope it works out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
13th April 2012, 12:49
Have a good run Joe

lastlid
13th April 2012, 13:17
Have a good one Joe

joebloggs
13th April 2012, 13:32
:doh we've been waiting for a passport from phils embassy for last 6wks :cwm24:
just when all hope was gone and i was going to cancel the 4 tickets today, embassy phoned 6:45pm last night to say it had arrived, booked train ticket, misses has already collected it :Jump: and is on her way back with the passport

so we're off tomoz its been a long time :rolleyes:

grahamw48
13th April 2012, 13:33
Have a great trip Joe. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
13th April 2012, 13:35
Wow! :omg: Enjoy your trip Joe! :xxgrinning--00xx3: and can you bring me back some Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdogs?! hahaha :D

Arthur Little
13th April 2012, 14:01
Aha ... you've "resurrected" an old theme that I kicked-off :football21: with on the previous Friday 13th - back in January - and already it has overtaken mine, as regards the number of replies received. ;) Here's wishing you good luck with your effort! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
13th April 2012, 14:13
Well, judging from this article Arthur, there is one more to come this year.....July....

"MANILA, Philippines - Did you know that fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia, while those who are afraid of the number 13 suffer from triskaidekaphobia?

As we mark today the first Friday the 13th of 2012, here are some interesting facts about the superstitiously unlucky day:

Friday the 13th is set to creep up two more times this year -- in April and in July. The most times that the 13th will fall on a Friday in any given calendar is three, while the longest period without it is 14 months.
Fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia. According to the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, California, friggatriskaidekaphobia affects 17 to 21 million Americans.
Fear of the number 13 is called triskaidekaphobia. The number is said to be unlucky because it follows the number 12, which is widely considered as a complete number -- 12 months in a year, 12 signs of the zodiac, 12 gods of Olympus, and 12 apostles of Jesus, among others.
Several buildings here and in other parts of the globe do not have a 13th floor, while some hospitals and airline terminals avoid rooms and gates which are numbered 13.
Hollywood has capitalized on the Friday the 13th phobia. "Friday the 13th" the movie was released in 1980 and a remake was shown in theaters in 2009.
On April 13, 2029, a Friday, the asteroid 99942 will make its closest encounter with earth.
US President Franklin Roosevelt would not travel on the 13th day of any month and would not host 13 guests at a meal. Napoleon and US President Herbert Hoover were also said to suffer from triskaidekaphobia.
In Paris, one can hire a quatorzieme, or a professional 14th guest, to remove the so-called bad luck brought by the number 13 as well as Friday the 13th.
Friday the 13th may not be as unlucky as people think. A 2008 Dutch study showed that fewer car accidents, fires and crimes occur on the said day, especially since superstitious would-be victims make an effort to stay out of harm's way. According to CNBC, the US market has been up 80 times out of the past 140 occasions when the 13th of a month landed on a Friday."

http://rp3.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/01/13/12/9-interesting-facts-about-friday-13th

Arthur Little
13th April 2012, 14:20
:doh we've been waiting for a passport from phils embassy for last 6wks :cwm24:
just when all hope was gone and i was going to cancel the 4 tickets today, embassy phoned 6:45pm last night to say it had arrived, booked train ticket, misses has already collected it :Jump: and is on her way back with the passport

so we're off tomoz its been a long time :rolleyes:

Plans changed at the last minute often have a habit of working out even better than expected, Joe ... so I'm sure you and your family are bound to have a great time. Enjoy! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
13th April 2012, 16:15
:Jump::Jump::Jump: :REDancedancer08:

:airline:

:REGamblMoney01HL1:

:Wave:

Have a great trip ya'll

joebloggs
13th April 2012, 21:31
Wow! :omg: Enjoy your trip Joe! :xxgrinning--00xx3: and can you bring me back some Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdogs?! hahaha :D

i'll bring you back some worms so you can make your own fresh juicy hotdogs :D

:Jump::Jump::Jump: :REDancedancer08:

:airline:

:REGamblMoney01HL1:

:Wave:

Have a great trip ya'll

thank you Peter and everyone else, after 7 long years my misses deserves it, little joe going to have an adventure of a life time :Jump:

stevie c
13th April 2012, 21:33
Enjoy Joe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
13th April 2012, 22:59
Have a wonderful trip Joe! :Wave:

South-east boy
15th April 2012, 00:21
My car broke down on the way to work! Got the car taken back and thought I'd sorted the problem, left for work again, only for it to play up again! Then it wouldn't start and I had to wait quite a while to be able to start it and drive home again! Think I've sorted it now after fitting a new coilpack!

I guess you're going to Phils Joe? If so, whereabouts?

Arthur Little
15th April 2012, 02:11
My car broke down on the way to work! Got the car taken back and thought I'd sorted the problem, left for work again, only for it to play up again! Then it wouldn't start and I had to wait quite a while to be able to start it and drive home again! Think I've sorted it now after fitting a new coilpack!

:cuss: ... what a nuisance, Tim! Fingers crossed, you've managed to get your "wheels" :transam-front-ramai back in motion. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
17th April 2012, 16:22

I guess you're going to Phils Joe? If so, whereabouts?

in the Phils, not a good start, i'm in Puerto Princesa :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
17th April 2012, 17:13
in the Phils, not a good start

Hello to you in the Phils, Joe ... in what respect was it not a good start? :rolleyes:

i'm in Puerto Princesa :rolleyes:

Puerto Princesa in Palawan ... Mindanao's neighbouring island, yes? :rolleyes:

lastlid
17th April 2012, 18:27
Hello to you in the Phils, Joe ... in what respect was it not a good start? :rolleyes:

Puerto Princesa in Palawan ... Mindanao's neighbouring island, yes? :rolleyes:

See any sign of the shoulder to shoulder US/Philippine Ops, Joe? :D

grahamw48
17th April 2012, 21:06
Hey Joe !

Wish I was there !

Did your plane land in the wrong place or what ? :Erm:

joebloggs
18th April 2012, 00:28
well i'll not mention the passport problems again,
its funny watching filipinos talk tagalog to my stepdaughter, and then for me to tell them she doesn't understand one word they said :Cuckoo:

went using singapore, didnt know about the stop over in Munich, only an hour, but still an extra hour of waiting and a plane now full of germans :angry: :D

my misses thought the stop over of 5hrs in Singapore wouldn't be a problem , maybe without 2 kids in wouldn't have been.

then a 3hr flight to Manila, stayed in a hotel for 1 night, so we could fly to Puerto Princessa the next day.

while at the hotel , i told the misses if its not in a packet or a bottle , im not eating or drinking anything... we went to a small mall bought a few things, misses started moaning she was hungry. so we went to a 'restaurant' she ordered food for kids and herself, i didnt want anything, moaning at me, the only thing as a veggy i could eat was some spring rolls, eat half of them. we went back to the hotel., watched a bit of tv and went to sleep..

being early worms, i was awake at 4am. and was being sick in the toliet by 4:15am :angry:
and in a 8hrs i would have to get a plane to Palawan, :cwm24:

bit pf luck only threw up a few times, and was ok,
plane to palwan we was told would be delay for 20 mins :angry:, ok, not the end of the world but it turned out to be 30mins, but while on the plane in 33c heat we were told there was a delay again, so were fried like lechon on the plane for more than 30 mins. :angry:

anyway after all the crap, arrived ok, little joe has met his cousins for the first time :Jump::Jump: he's having a great time, evey filipina calling him cutie :icon_lol: no one calls me that thou :cwm24:

staying at the sister in laws at the mo. so things are looking up :rolleyes: still going lots of time here, leave a week on monday... :rolleyes:

grahamw48
18th April 2012, 00:55
Ah, so usual joys of travel then .:NoNo:

None of my children speak a word of Tagalog either...including my 2 stepkids who lived in the Phils until 7 and 9 years. :doh

joebloggs
18th April 2012, 01:04
by far the worse journey i had made to the phils

if you count the hours since we left our home in the uk for the airport until the time we got to the sister in laws house was 52 hours :cwm24:( that includes a night in a hotel thou) but was still 29 hours just from our house in the uk to landing in manila :NoNo:

Dedworth
18th April 2012, 01:09
by far the worse journey i had made to the phils

if you count the hours since we left our home in the uk for the airport until the time we got to the sister in laws house was 52 hours :cwm24:( that includes a night in a hotel thou) but was still 29 hours just from our house in the uk to landing in manila :NoNo:

Did you go on one of these Joe ?

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~mbcass/Canopus%20first%20flight%20Rochester.jpg

joebloggs
18th April 2012, 01:17
no i was expecting a propeller plane but it was a jet engine one :angry:

went using zestair - i think the 'cheapest' but only 10kg baggage allowence, and 150php for each extra 1kg

http://www.zestair.com.ph/

Terpe
18th April 2012, 10:25
Glad you finally made it Joe.
Just relax and enjoy the time.
Lots of free childcare, everyone taking care of you warm sun on your face. Heaven.

Time for a lifestyle change, get a create of SML, tuck into some lechon and find a game of tongits :D

sars_notd_virus
18th April 2012, 10:30
Woow Joe is in the PH:omg:..have a nice holiday Joe..bring some sunshine when you get back :sunshine::)

raynaputi
18th April 2012, 10:47
:omg: I hope you're feeling okay now Joe..:D Just enjoy your vacation and you're in one of the best vacation spots there in the Philippines! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm soooo jealous!!! :bigcry:

joebloggs
18th April 2012, 12:09
:angry: jealous of 33c, even the misses wants to go back to the uk :D
what makes it worse is a brownout, no power for a few hours :cwm23: took kids to a pool :Jump:

maybe i'm just getting old and set in my ways, can't stand the heat thou :Help1:

thanks Peter, can't take you up on your advice, i dont drink and i'm a veggy :doh:icon_lol:

raynaputi
18th April 2012, 12:42
oh yes i'm still jealous even if it's that hot there! lots of beach to go to there! there are beaches here but you can't even swim in it! what's the purpose then? hahahaha :laugher:

grahamw48
18th April 2012, 12:45
maybe i'm just getting old and set in my ways, can't stand the heat thou :Help1:

That's the one ! :icon_lol:

Now stop being a miserable old git and think of those like us, less fortunate than yourself. :cwm3:

joebloggs
18th April 2012, 12:46
:doh why have we just paid for a pool for 10 of us if there are beaches here :yikes::D

i'm sat in a air-con room and will be for the next 11 days until we come back :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
18th April 2012, 12:51
:doh why have we just paid for a pool for 10 of us if there are beaches here :yikes::D

i'm sat in a air-con room and will be for the next 11 days until we come back :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol: you need to have fun Joe..lots of people here would rather be where you are right now..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th April 2012, 14:15
:icon_lol: you need to have fun Joe.. lots of people here would rather be where you are right now.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

... for a holiday, yes. :Erm: