PDA

View Full Version : US embassy hikes tourist visa fees starting Friday

Terpe
12th April 2012, 14:46
The U.S. Embassy announced it is raising fees for some non-immigrant visas, including tourist, business and student visas, starting tomorrow (April 13).

See full details here (http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/04/12/12/us-embassy-hikes-tourist-visa-fees-starting-friday)

Terpe
12th April 2012, 14:47
It's an interesting comparison to UKBA visa fees :Erm:

Arthur Little
12th April 2012, 14:54
Friday the thirteenth :rolleyes: ... UNLUCKY for some ... !!!

stevie c
12th April 2012, 14:55
Wow a big difference in price to our visas
:NoNo:
Why can't the uk follow theses sort of visa fees instead of being content in ripping hard working folk off :cwm23:

Arthur Little
12th April 2012, 15:05
Wow a big difference in price to our visas
:NoNo:
Why can't the uk follow theses sort of visa fees instead of being content in ripping hard working folk off :cwm23:

:iagree: ... US may have its faults - but it still operates a much fairer system than the British Govt does for us!

RickyR
12th April 2012, 16:14
And take note, that $160 for a tourist visa is valid for 10 years! When I got my US B1/B2 10 year visa few years back it was only 100 dollars.
You can enter for upto 6 months at a time, and then extend for a further 6 months! I'm applying for one for Marvie and Angel in the coming weeks, shame that their family visit visas for the UK will only be 2 year ones this time because of the ridiculous costs.

Oh yes, and the US Embassy deal with visas directly, all applicants get the chance of an interview and often the visas are issued same day, or occasionally the next day!
The Embassy also manages to provide a superb service to its citizens who are overseas either working or on holiday.

raynaputi
12th April 2012, 18:43
And take note, that $160 for a tourist visa is valid for 10 years! When I got my US B1/B2 10 year visa few years back it was only 100 dollars.
You can enter for upto 6 months at a time, and then extend for a further 6 months! I'm applying for one for Marvie and Angel in the coming weeks, shame that their family visit visas for the UK will only be 2 year ones this time because of the ridiculous costs.

Oh yes, and the US Embassy deal with visas directly, all applicants get the chance of an interview and often the visas are issued same day, or occasionally the next day!
The Embassy also manages to provide a superb service to its citizens who are overseas either working or on holiday.

That's what I think too..the visa costs are much lower and they are doing interviews which allows you to explain the documents and purpose of travel..The American fiance or husband is even allowed to be interviewed along with the Filipina fiancee/wife :xxgrinning--00xx3: