PDA

View Full Version : Roxas Boulevard

lastlid
11th April 2012, 12:58
I kissed my Filipina wife goodbye this morning, got into my car, still half asleep really, then joined a small procession of cars driving along the seafront here in Douglas. The sun was shining. On my left was the palm tree lined promenade, seawall and sea and as I drove I caught sight of two pinoys out for a jog :icon_lol:. Now it is not unusual to see Pinoys in Douglas, they often refer to the main shopping thoroughfare as "Little Manila" but it is not often that you see any out for a jog along the prom at 8am. So there was a little deja vu experience as for a moment I sort of had a flashback to Roxas Boulevard. :icon_lol: Just needed some trikes and jeepneys ......and another 20 degrees C on top of the 8.

Terpe
11th April 2012, 13:51
I recall that you've previously mentioned the figure of around 2000 Filipino's in IOM
It's a really big number. No wonder there's a part of Douglas known as 'Little Manila'.

I'm guessing there must be a very large and active organised community?

lastlid
11th April 2012, 16:20
I recall that you've previously mentioned the figure of around 2000 Filipino's in IOM
It's a really number. No wonder there's a part of Douglas known as 'Little Manila'.

I'm guessing there must be a very large and active organised community?

There is. They dont have Barrio Fiestas here but there are "festivals" periodically throughout the year. There is a Filipino Society. And yes, 2000 Filipinos...it is true, according to the society and IOM Immigration. I haven't physically counted them :D

Many, but not all, are OFWs.

lastlid
11th April 2012, 16:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8cmdU3wjUE

grahamw48
11th April 2012, 16:44
Funny you should say that.

I just looked in my kitchen and immediately thought of the Smoky Mountain Tip in Manila. :Erm:

Jimbojac
11th April 2012, 18:00
Jersey only has a tiny population of some 80 Pinoys and Pinays.
I hope to increase that soon:Sex::Sex::Sex:
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
11th April 2012, 18:10
Jersey only has a tiny population of some 80 Pinoys and Pinays.
I hope to increase that soon:Sex::Sex::Sex:
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hehe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A lot work in the care sector here on the IOM