PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Airlines offers child-free zone on new Airbus A380

KeithD
11th April 2012, 11:01
AT LAST!!!! :Jump::Jump::Jump:

http://todaytravel.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/10/11120934-malaysia-airlines-offers-child-free-zone-on-new-airbus-a380?lite

Crying babies on shorthaul is fine, but when you need to sleep on longhaul flights it can be a nightmare.

lastlid
11th April 2012, 11:06
An onboard creche, thats the answer.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
11th April 2012, 11:09
An OUTSIDE creche, thats the answer.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:omg: :icon_lol:

lastlid
11th April 2012, 11:13
:omg: :icon_lol:
:icon_lol:

RickyR
11th April 2012, 11:35
I think the main problem is the parents, often inadequately prepared for travelling with children or having lacked discipline with children now wonder why they won't sit in one seat.

Good tips for travelling are to select seats ahead of time, pre-book child meals and bassinet seats etc. Try to make the travelling as casual and relaxed as possible, because if the parents are stressed the kids will feel that.
Don't let the children sleep much before flying, and let them run around a lot and tour the terminal and look at the airplanes.
Bring some small toys or games to entertain the children. Bring some boiled sweets, or for younger children a bottle of water to drink during climbing and descending to help the ears equalise.
Bring a pillow or something and let the kids sleep for the flight.

If the children get restless take them for a walk up and down the aircraft.

marikistin
11th April 2012, 12:17
hi RickyR, thats a tip for me.:)
As am travelling soon with two kids ages 6 and 3 and was worrying about these things like tantrums and all now at least i have got an idea what to do with them on board. I dont want to disturb other people coz of this. tnx.

grahamw48
12th April 2012, 00:44
My kids never gave any problems, and my youngest slept virtually all the way (as a baby)...not a sound out of him.

I'd rather they had a 'drunk-free zone'....much more annoying than kids. :rolleyes:

RickyR
12th April 2012, 08:47
Completely agree graham, I've had a few problems with drunks on flights and both of the most serious occasions have been on the KL803 to Manila, oh yes and the one time I flew Thomson...
. I personally don't drink anymore when I fly, since it seems to give the worst hangovers ever.

lastlid
12th April 2012, 08:49
My kids never gave any problems, and my youngest slept virtually all the way (as a baby)...not a sound out of him.

I'd rather they had a 'drunk-free zone'....much more annoying than kids. :rolleyes:

Drunk Free Zone? Try Saudi Airlines....:icon_lol:

grahamw48
12th April 2012, 09:12
Completely agree graham, I've had a few problems with drunks on flights and both of the most serious occasions have been on the KL803 to Manila, oh yes and the one time I flew Thomson...
. I personally don't drink anymore when I fly, since it seems to give the worst hangovers ever.

I found Lufthansa to be the worst...NEVER fly with them again (ended up with me punching a guy !).

I don't drink on the plane either. Shame really, as I do like anything that is 'free'. :icon_lol:

grahamw48
12th April 2012, 09:16
Drunk Free Zone? Try Saudi Airlines....:icon_lol:

Don't they serve alcohol ? (Seen bad reports about them anyway).

I know Etihad certainly do.

I'll say nothing about hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

lastlid
12th April 2012, 09:19
Don't they serve alcohol ? (Seen bad reports about them anyway).

I know Etihad certainly do.

I'll say nothing about hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

No Graham. I flew them last year. They were the cheapest but also the dryest! :D

No I didnt enjoy the flight. It was just like you might imagine an internal Saudi flight from Jeddah to Riyadh might be....

grahamw48
12th April 2012, 09:22
Sand in every crevice ? :icon_lol:

lastlid
12th April 2012, 09:25
Sand in every crevice ? :icon_lol:
Probably....I didnt check :icon_lol: but having worked in the great sand pits of the world, as Ricky calls them, I know what you mean.....

Yep. A lot of praying to Mecca en route and the customary plastic bottles in the loos....:icon_lol:

grahamw48
12th April 2012, 09:35
:icon_sorry: No thanks ! :NoNo:

lastlid
12th April 2012, 09:41
:icon_sorry: No thanks ! :NoNo:
Hard to explain.....it can also make one feel uneasy......if you see what I mean.....surrounded by a few hundred "islamb" :D fundamentalists....

stevie c
12th April 2012, 14:15
I found Lufthansa to be the worst...NEVER fly with them again (ended up with me punching a guy !).

I don't drink on the plane either. Shame really, as I do like anything that is 'free'. :icon_lol:

Totally agree Graham i flew with Lufthansa a few yrs ago.....I also encountered trouble with two drunk Germans on a flight to Manila who were delibratley putting there knees in the back of my seat....Three times i ask them to stop but all i got were grins,The fourth time this happened i lost my rag & threatened to deck one of them,Sufficient to say they stopped after this & i never heard a peep from then until we landed in Manila.

I have never travelled with Lufthansa since as they are well known for drunk passengers on board:NoNo:

grahamw48
12th April 2012, 14:31
I had my kids with me, and the :censored: was stopping them from sleeping.

A quick biff on the nose outside the toilet soon cured him. :angry:

If the staff had seen it they would have thanked me, because they'd had enough of him too.

stevie c
12th April 2012, 14:36
Nice one Graham...Sometimes that is the only thing these :censored: understand :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DeltaRomeo
12th April 2012, 19:14
AT LAST!!!! :Jump::Jump::Jump:

I flew with Malaysia Airlines to Kuala Lumpur > Manila. I'm impressed with their loyalty scheme.. 'Enrich' After 2 trips I will have accumulated enough for a free flight. I'm guessing that I will still have to pay the airport taxes though.