PDA

View Full Version : contacting home

stevewool
9th April 2012, 08:35
is it me or do others think this too, When Emma talks to her family back home the laughs and smiles that she makes either on the phone or through facebook they make me smile too, but why is it that it seems to be Emma making the first move never the other way round,

subseastu
9th April 2012, 10:11
We get phone calls in the middle of the night (because even after 8 years they don't understand the bloody time difference!) and when you answer they hang up. This is becasue they can't afford to make the call and want the wife to call them back. They have no landline or computers (no interenet there only crap dongle signal) as they cost to much to keep going. My wife is of the opinion now that they only call when they want something - money in other words and she's getting fed up with it. "We" are now not talking to 3 out of 7 brothers and sisters due to various thing hapening.

lastlid
9th April 2012, 10:27
So far, so good with my wife's family. Both her sisters and her mom are in regular contact on an almost daily basis. They are lucky as one sister works as a teacher, the other is married to an OFW and the mother has a good job as a cook. Other close relatives appear to have work. Notwithstanding that they are all genuine individuals and want for no more than my wife to be safe and well.

raynaputi
9th April 2012, 10:30
same thing with my family lastlid.. ;)

malditako
9th April 2012, 10:35
I talk to my family in phils through skype though not often but whenever me and family both have the chance our skypes running for 24 hours with a webcam on plus regular contacts in tweeter and FB. They miss my little boy too much :)

Terpe
9th April 2012, 10:35
So far, so good with my wife's family. Both her sisters and her mom are in regular contact on an almost daily basis. They are lucky as one sister works as a teacher, the other is married to an OFW and the mother has a good job as a cook. Other close relatives appear to have work. Notwithstanding that they are all genuine individuals and want for no more than my wife to be safe and well.

Same for my wife's family too. Maybe we're lucky.
Although there are many cousins and uncles of who know who!

grahamw48
9th April 2012, 10:47
Many of my ex's family are facebook friends...and we were divorced in 2006. :icon_lol:

Of course they are also my son's cousins, aunties etc. :)

ynwa
9th April 2012, 11:59
There are really people in Phils think that when someone married to a foreign man the girl will get rich in an instant. They don't realize that not all foreign men has millions and billions in their pockets.

subseastu
9th April 2012, 15:49
Well your all luckier than me then. The wifes family are all really poor and so look to to us (me) to provide. It does get on my nerves sometimes but i'd be the same if I was in their shoes.