PDA

View Full Version : not so nice rain

Mrs Daddy
27th June 2007, 10:55
It was raining all day last monday and it brought lots of damaged and 4 lives has been wasted :NoNo: sheffield are the most affected area and residences evacuated from their houses:NoNo:I really feel sorry for them while watching the news and now who said that we suffer global warming:Erm:I wonder what would be the reaction of those people who making fuss about global warming in the tragedy that cause by rain last monday.we walked to the river trent near nottingham yesterday and to our surprised we cant get through coz the river extended to the path:cwm24: so we have to find other way for us to get through to the other side:NoNo:Blimey It reminds me of philippines how we suffer floods there as well:NoNo:we cant really stop the forces of nature.we really cant:doh:bigcry::NoNo:

KeithD
27th June 2007, 12:56
Folk did have 2 days warning, but as usual in this country everyone ignores it. 48hrs to move stuff out the house, or upstairs is plenty of time.

Also 1 in 4 have no contents insurance, for those living on a flood plain, that is just plain stupid. :NoNo:

Most deaths in this type of weather are caused through stupidity, not the weather.

joebloggs
27th June 2007, 13:25
sheffield has been flooded before, worse time was in 1864 when a dam burst killing 250 people :yikes:

http://www.mick-armitage.staff.shef.ac.uk/sheffield/flood.html

eljean
27th June 2007, 17:45
England weather is sooooo unpredictable and its doin my head in...
:Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick:

Mrs Daddy
27th June 2007, 17:54
thats true england weather is unpredictable :furious3::bigcry: one minute sunny and one minute cloudy:Erm: I dont know:Cuckoo:

Mrs Daddy
27th June 2007, 17:55
sheffield has been flooded before, worse time was in 1864 when a dam burst killing 250 people :yikes:

http://www.mick-armitage.staff.shef.ac.uk/sheffield/flood.html

:yikes::NoNo::cwm24:

Mrs Daddy
27th June 2007, 17:56
Folk did have 2 days warning, but as usual in this country everyone ignores it. 48hrs to move stuff out the house, or upstairs is plenty of time.

Like us filipinos are stubborn as well:NoNo:

eljean
27th June 2007, 18:05
It would be really be nice to have a warm weather like PI sometimes were you can just wear spaghetti top and shorts or skirt and sandal and explore the beautiful nature of england....can't really enjoy much of the surrounding in here becoz i'm to bothered about the cold weather all the time:bigcry:

pennybarry
27th June 2007, 18:47
I have experienced 4 weather in one day here windy-rainy-sunny- snow:omg: I have never feel the heat yet since I arrived:Brick:
I arrived November and heard summer is 2nd week of June, what a wet summer:Brick:
I WANT TO FEEL THE HEATTTTT!:action-smiley-081::BouncyHappy:

KeithD
27th June 2007, 19:34
We had the summer in May....what you all moaning about? :ARsurrender:

pennybarry
27th June 2007, 19:43
:Blacklistliar: ahahahaha:NEW3::xxsport-smiley-002: (I'll be banned soon):ARsurrender::action-smiley-081:

mamichris
27th June 2007, 20:14
It was raining all day last monday and it brought lots of damaged and 4 lives has been wasted :NoNo: sheffield are the most affected area and residences evacuated from their houses:NoNo:I really feel sorry for them while watching the news and now who said that we suffer global warming:Erm:I wonder what would be the reaction of those people who making fuss about global warming in the tragedy that cause by rain last monday.we walked to the river trent near nottingham yesterday and to our surprised we cant get through coz the river extended to the path:cwm24: so we have to find other way for us to get through to the other side:NoNo:Blimey It reminds me of philippines how we suffer floods there as well:NoNo:we cant really stop the forces of nature.we really cant:doh:bigcry::NoNo:

when is the rain gonna stop? me too, i am getting fed up of the weather here in england but like everybody says nature is out of our hands. but we also have to take responsibility, if there's a warning given...why can't everyone follow it? too many lives are risked due to people's plain stupidity...and it's got to stop.

where is this going long awaited hot summer???:Erm:

LadyJ
27th June 2007, 20:37
The really hot summer here would be July-Aug, not long now..

KeithD
27th June 2007, 20:54

Which year? :D

mamichris
27th June 2007, 20:55

i can't wait for that ladyj...i really miss the hot weather in the philippines...at least having a hot summer for once makes me feel i am not far from home. :)

jimeve
27th June 2007, 21:03
Don't hold yer breath lady

hilda_danao
27th June 2007, 22:27
i grew up in a seaside in Phil and i never appreciated it. i hated the beach but i learned to swim on my own when i was 10. but now i miss the beach so mucccchhhh....wahhhhh!!! i realize i want sunshine whole year round.
Never appreciate it til it's gone! :Hammer:

KeithD
28th June 2007, 09:08
I hear fishings good in Sheffield town center :cwm24:

Mrs Daddy
28th June 2007, 10:49
I hear fishings good in Sheffield town center :cwm24:

:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
28th June 2007, 10:51

but cant move house:furious3::Erm:

KeithD
28th June 2007, 11:03
But isn't that folk being lazy again. I'd never buy a house with even the slightest chance of flooding. This is easy to tell by looking at a map, history, and the local area. If people don't do that before spending £100,000's on something, then they only have themselves to blame.

Mrs Daddy
28th June 2007, 11:24
But isn't that folk being lazy again. I'd never buy a house with even the slightest chance of flooding. This is easy to tell by looking at a map, history, and the local area. If people don't do that before spending £100,000's on something, then they only have themselves to blame.

oooppppssss cant say anything coz its true:D

scotsfiancee
28th June 2007, 12:21
Come in Scotland :BouncyHappy: ohhh no MONSOON, so no rains, no flood...nothing at all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's sunny here :Hellooo:

Mrs Daddy
28th June 2007, 18:49
I`ve not thought of that:xxgrinning--00xx3: