PDA

View Full Version : last name issues

mach
27th June 2007, 04:02
hello guys! i got married last june 18 in cebu. my hubby told me not to use his last name because married women in iceland don't practice that which i find very very cool :D anyway, is it okay if i will not use my hubby's last name??? do i need to make an affidavit of some sort that i have not been using my hubby's last name??? thanks in advance.

scotsfiancee
27th June 2007, 08:38
Hello mach,

You are still a Filipino, when you ammend your passport they will still put your married name (last name of your husband).

It's the way we do :cwm38:

Mrs Daddy
27th June 2007, 10:11
and thats true:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
27th June 2007, 10:24
hello guys! i got married last june 18 in cebu. my hubby told me not to use his last name because married women in iceland don't practice that which i find very very cool :D anyway, is it okay if i will not use my hubby's last name??? do i need to make an affidavit of some sort that i have not been using my hubby's last name??? thanks in advance.

Is this for your Philippine Passport?

You can chose that way if you wish for time being. In the future, if you and your hubby have a child you'll have to report the birth as well your marriage and amend your name to the Phils Embassy in London so your child can get a Phils passport.

vbkelly
27th June 2007, 17:17
hello guys! i got married last june 18 in cebu. my hubby told me not to use his last name because married women in iceland don't practice that which i find very very cool :D anyway, is it okay if i will not use my hubby's last name??? do i need to make an affidavit of some sort that i have not been using my hubby's last name??? thanks in advance.why he dont want you to use his last name? and you agree with that,and did you ask him why? bcoz his reason is not good enough to agree,for me or for us as a filipina once we got married we used straight away our husband family name or last name...im afraid to say that you can have a trouble in th future mach.but we dont know the law in the iceland..so goodluck mach to your visa application

gyle2007
28th June 2007, 12:55
I've still got my maiden name on my passport because it's just so complicated to change it to my husband's surname having gotten married in UK and living in Middle East. The only complication is the travelling with the kids, you always need to bring their birth certificate to show you are the mother or they won't let you travel with them.

mach
29th June 2007, 02:18
thank you guys for all your replies. I already have a passport and it will expire on november 2009. Hubby has been asking me all sorts of questions if iI have already applied for the schengen visa at the norwegian embassy. I do not know what to write in the last name section. Would it be my last name or my husband's last name? If I am going to write my last name then it would contradict with my marital status. :Erm:

vbkelly
29th June 2007, 16:14
hi mach,use your passport name if you apply a shengen visa in the norwegian embassy. what is your visa at momment ,are you spouse visa or fiancee visa?

gyle2007
1st July 2007, 11:37
If you are applying for a visa anywhere, you put your name that is in your passport. The form should also ask you about marital status and the details of your husband (i.e. name/nationality etc.). No contradictions there. You could use your married name on other things, bank accounts and the like but travelling, you use what is in your passport.

mach
3rd July 2007, 03:12
i will be applying for a tourist visa at the norwegian embassy. if i will be approved then i'll fly to iceland and when i arrive there that's the only time i can apply for a residence permit. this applies to spouse of icelandic citizen.