View Full Version : Cheap Flights Manila to Uk

antchristie
7th April 2012, 05:19
Happy Easter all.
Does anyone know of a site i can look at for flights Manila to Uk
Thanks in advance

stevewool
7th April 2012, 08:49
skyscanner, try them and once have your price go and compare:)

Marie
7th April 2012, 08:49
hey, just google cheap flights and you will see there what you needed....

Terpe
7th April 2012, 09:54
Happy Easter all.
Does anyone know of a site i can look at for flights Manila to Uk
Thanks in advance

Usually I will check out Skyscanner (http://www.skyscanner.net) and Kayak (http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights?ispredir=true)

But once armed with information don't forget to contact your local travel agent or even some of the more reputable from your freebe Pinoy newspaper (Crystal Travel for example). They can often offer similar prices with the benefit of additional luggage allowance or maybe better connection timings. Always worth a phone call.

Good luck

lastlid
7th April 2012, 11:04
I keep seeing flights for 428 quid being advertised on this website...

stevie c
7th April 2012, 17:19
As terpe says you won't go wrong with trying crystal travel imo

Here is the number 0207 7612 0526 ask for Cherry she is a nice friendly Filipina :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
7th April 2012, 18:27
Crystal came up with the right price for me but I will just see how the flight goes. Hopefully no hicups. My connecting flights are pretty close to each other so if one is delayed it might spell trouble.:yikes:

lastlid
7th April 2012, 18:33
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/16756247657788869768

Alpha Flights London to Manila from £428. I keep getting their advert when I open filipino.co.uk Anybody getting the same?

http://www.alphaflights.co.uk

stevie c
8th April 2012, 15:53
A friend of mine & my wifes has just booked a flight departing April 24th 2012 singapore airlines to singapore then on to davao price £739

fred
8th April 2012, 16:06
As terpe says you won't go wrong with trying crystal travel imo

Here is the number 0207 7612 0526 ask for Cherry she is a nice friendly Filipina :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Spoken to Cherry many times..Booked a few times with her but she s not always the cheapest..Shop around!

Terpe
8th April 2012, 16:14
A friend of mine & my wifes has just booked a flight departing April 24th 2012 singapore airlines to singapore then on to davao price £739

I know it lmay look expensive at first sight. But from UK to Davao with Singapore Airlines that's a pretty good price.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th April 2012, 16:19
..Alpha Flights London to Manila from £428. I keep getting their advert when I open filipino.co.uk Anybody getting the same?

http://www.alphaflights.co.uk

I had a quick look just out of curiosity.

Take a look at this page and compare some of the 'Fares' and 'Taxes', huge variations:-

http://www.alphaflights.co.uk/FlightResults.aspx?Search=InDirectReturn&Depart_To=MNL&Depart_From=LON&D_Loc=LON&R_Loc=MNL&D_FullDate=16/04/2012&R_FullDate=25/05/2012&Adults=1&Children=0&Infants=0&Journey=R&Direct=N&Currency=GBP&Country=GB&PrefClass=XX&PrefAirlines=XX&Flex=N

tanga
9th April 2012, 05:28
To answer the OP about sites with info about flights from Manila to UK
http://www.bridgestravel.com/

As for the thread topic Cheap flights Manila to UK
forget it there aren't any

The expedition to UK from KL on Air AsiaX is now history as the route has been terminated
Oasis Air flew budget flights to UK from HK but went bankrupt after 18 months
Both of these routes required a link flight from Philippines and additional check in,also restricted luggage

If I could fly from Manila to Uk for £428 I might be inclined to pop over from time to time to have a decent pint and pick up a few tins of Heinz beans

KeithD
9th April 2012, 09:10
Cheapest is not always best, crap airline, long changeover times, if the price for SIA is only around £100 more it's worth paying :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
9th April 2012, 11:00
Crystal came up with the right price for me but I will just see how the flight goes. Hopefully no hicups. My connecting flights are pretty close to each other so if one is delayed it might spell trouble.:yikes:

Hi andy,

Never ever fear about having short transfers. If it's with the same airline or alliance on a single ticket booked through, it should have been booked no less than the minimum transfer time which is often as little as 45 minutes.
Occasionally the baggage can go astray in these situations, but many airports are geared up for short transfers in terms of luggage, because it costs the airline money if baggage goes astray.

The reality is that if your inbound flight is delayed, most airlines have a system which automatically rebooks you onto the next flight. If the flight is very late, sometimes your greeted as you disembark the aircraft on the jetway by someone with a clipboard who will provide you with your ongoing flight details, otherwise you just goto the transfer desk where they issue you your new tickets. With airlines such as a KLM, you just head to the electronic ticket machines, where with a quick scan of your passport you can obtain your new flight tickets. If the delay is considerably you'll be provided with a food vouchers or a hotel.
I've had quite a few delays over the years, and have never had to fight for vouchers or change of ticket, its normally been done automatically.

So for me, I never worry about having a short connection, if the flight is on time it should be easy to make the connection, and if not you should be looked after. :-)

lastlid
9th April 2012, 11:08
Interesting slant Ricky. I was always paranoid about not having enough connection time, fearing the worst. And so often went out of my way to get a slightly longer time if possible. I quite like to chill out and relax during the transfer and maybe shop duty free etc comfortably and dont like to sweat if my connection time is shortened for any reason. But then we are all different. My boss always turns up for his flights at the last minute. I just cant do that and always turn up ridiculously early. :icon_lol:

lastlid
9th April 2012, 11:25
Future travel to Manila....:icon_lol:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/07/BUPD1NVFSG.DTL

RickyR
9th April 2012, 12:06
Interesting slant Ricky. I was always paranoid about not having enough connection time, fearing the worst. And so often went out of my way to get a slightly longer time if possible. I quite like to chill out and relax during the transfer and maybe shop duty free etc comfortably and dont like to sweat if my connection time is shortened for any reason. But then we are all different. My boss always turns up for his flights at the last minute. I just cant do that and always turn up ridiculously early. :icon_lol:

haha I understand. When I'm travelling with work we book business or flexi tickets, so I never worry at all about arriving at the last minute a the airport, because if I miss the flight I can always shift to the next one.
I tend to arrive about an hour before departure for ones I book on my own. This has been a bit of a problem in Manila a few times though where despite having checked in online and only having hand baggage, you still have to goto the desk which they close fairly early, a bit of gentle persuasion has got me through.

stevewool
9th April 2012, 12:40
airphils, flights from manila to bohol july, for 2 people return 5400 peso:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:, wish i was there

stevie c
9th April 2012, 16:10

Same here Lastlid i always arrive at the airport very very early...I just don'y want the worry & panicking if i think we are behind time in getting there.

stevewool
9th April 2012, 16:15
once my front door is shut i am on holiday so getting to the airport is part of that, no stress so a nice drive there is wanted , so rather be there early then late anytime

andy222
9th April 2012, 16:27
Hi andy,

Never ever fear about having short transfers. If it's with the same airline or alliance on a single ticket booked through, it should have been booked no less than the minimum transfer time which is often as little as 45 minutes.
Occasionally the baggage can go astray in these situations, but many airports are geared up for short transfers in terms of luggage, because it costs the airline money if baggage goes astray.

The reality is that if your inbound flight is delayed, most airlines have a system which automatically rebooks you onto the next flight. If the flight is very late, sometimes your greeted as you disembark the aircraft on the jetway by someone with a clipboard who will provide you with your ongoing flight details, otherwise you just goto the transfer desk where they issue you your new tickets. With airlines such as a KLM, you just head to the electronic ticket machines, where with a quick scan of your passport you can obtain your new flight tickets. If the delay is considerably you'll be provided with a food vouchers or a hotel.
I've had quite a few delays over the years, and have never had to fight for vouchers or change of ticket, its normally been done automatically.

So for me, I never worry about having a short connection, if the flight is on time it should be easy to make the connection, and if not you should be looked after. :-)

Thanks for the reassurance Ricky.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
9th April 2012, 16:31
once my front door is shut i am on holiday so getting to the airport is part of that, no stress so a nice drive there is wanted , so rather be there early then late anytime

My stress is my wife is meeting me in manila I dont want her waiting for hours on end and we have a hotel booked there for a couple of nights before we fly to her island.

stevewool
9th April 2012, 16:38
have you thought about getting your wife to track your flight so she knows if its delayed or the time it will land, i have just done that and it was amazing watching the flight just a thought andy

andy222
9th April 2012, 16:47
How does she do that steve?

stevewool
9th April 2012, 16:53
flight checker on the internet chose a site flightaware i used put in the airline and flight number and you have it, ells you all you need to know about that flight try it

andy222
9th April 2012, 17:01
Oh thanks steve I will have a look at that.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
9th April 2012, 19:45
How does she do that steve?

KLM have a good flight tracker. It worked well for me when Mrs Lastlid flew here. I was able to text her mom and tell her that her daughter was at that moment halfway across China....:omg:

Quite accurate too....tells you if the flight is ahead or behind schedule and ETA.

andy222
9th April 2012, 20:21
Thanks mate I wll tell her.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
2nd May 2012, 23:11
airphils, flights from manila to bohol july, for 2 people return 5400 peso -thats not very low -have booked many return flights around philippines mnl-boracay etc for as low as 900peso

Arthur Little
3rd May 2012, 00:55
have booked many return flights around philippines mnl-boracay etc for as low as 900peso

;) ... the luck of the :irish:

irishman12
3rd May 2012, 12:36
Hi Arthur ,no its not really about luck -just have to know when the promo sales are on and be quick to avail -like they even had a promo sale for a hotel at 1 peso per room -managed to book 2 rooms but after that couldnt find any available for any other dates -anyway if you would like any details ,be happy to share.

malchard888
3rd May 2012, 13:14
at the end of last year i paid just £358 for my wife from |Manila to LHR via Beijing on Air China and although the connecting flight timings were a little tight, it all worked well.
Air China code share with Virgin on this route so u can expect good service as the airline achieves a 4 star rating .:)

Mr newbie
20th May 2012, 05:14
uhm wise miser are doig 412 GBP at the moment ...for how long i do not know, and wether they are any good ,? i do not know? as it wont show the flight number? that worrys me? abit?
are they a scamming company?
The wise miser.com :Erm: