PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Experience

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 20:43
Hello everyone!! have a nice day to you all!!

It's been a long time i am not here active and online since i was here in Devon. i am here on day march 29, 2012.

I share to you all my experience in manila immigration. when i was at MIAT1, for 8 hours before i check in. the KLM airlines give me a form to fill up about my details to live in UK and my details also. after on it, fall on line and waiting my turn to call and to get my boarding pass. before i get my boarding pass. to many question to ask. if these is my first time visa? how long i intend to live the country? if these is my new passort? i bet nervous and scared that time. when i get my boarding pass with connecting flights. i pass straight with no look behind and a bit happy. when i am in Terminal Fee i paid only 550pesos. then after go straight to immigration. very hard, i thought everything is OK. coz i had a visa already, but i was wrong. i though i was refused on the immigration. coz they ask my supporting documents of my sponsor, but it was on my luggage. i only said honestly and i am very true, that all my supporting documntes is on my case, i have only here photocopy of passport and a photocopy of credit card of my sponsor. i was there for 5 minutes and then officer said, next time you bring all details of your sponsor. i go straight and no look behind i was nervous. coz 2 filipino had visa and refused.
then i fell good when i am on klm chairs, waiting my flight. then check in. we have transit on Taiwan coz had a trouble engine. an wait for 2 hours, coz they repaired. we all are waiting. and finally land in the amsterdam airport. oh!! so hard waiting for my next flight looking all monitors of my flight coz we are all delayed hours. then finally i was check in, little bit nervous coz very strict before to check in plane.. coats, shoes, water, alcohol,remove.belt. then when i am in winglets, had a UK Border form given and another fill up again. they have some question on it that hard for me to understand, then from Ghana a mother and a daughter who set beside me, they help me. coz i ask. people there not care. and then after those tricky moments i was on the heathrow airport, then go straight to UK Border Agency. and ask again all about me and my partners. and then finally i was out in arrival area, and then i see my Darling waiting for me...:). i thought its very hoot coz had a sun same in the the PI, but i was wrong, its very cold. wind cold even sun is out.. but anyway after long flights ad hard times. we are now happy together and spending time each day.

Anna

cessxy
6th April 2012, 20:48
Welcome to the uk. Where about in Devon are you? :)

Terpe
6th April 2012, 20:50
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.
Seems you had a number of anxious moments to overcome.
Anyway, well done, you came through all trials and challenges and now finallyyou are in UK for your new life.

Hope you have many memorable and shining moments to yet enjoy.

I'm sure there are people who will each learn from your shared story :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
6th April 2012, 20:51
woow welcome to the uk...i love devon :heartshape1:..u got more sunshine and lovely coasts than anywhere in uk:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
6th April 2012, 21:06
Interesting. I got my wife to take our documents in her hand baggage. But she was never asked to submit them. She was lucky and had an easier journey.

Great that you made it, all the same. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
6th April 2012, 21:14
Welcome to the cold uk ann.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 21:30
Welcome to the uk. Where about in Devon are you? :)

Hello cessxy, i am here in kingswear, dartmouth. where are you living at the moment??:)

Cheers

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 21:31
woow welcome to the uk...i love devon :heartshape1:..u got more sunshine and lovely coasts than anywhere in uk:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yep! enjoy the colds here.... i dont think so, hehehe

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 21:33
Welcome to the cold uk ann.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi andrew, yes dartmouth is just beautiful, im so happy to be here.

Cheers

stevewool
6th April 2012, 21:36
you are in a beautiful part of england, welcome and enjoy:)

grahamw48
6th April 2012, 21:40
Welcome to the UK Anna. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sorry to hear you were treated like a piece of :censored: from beginning to end. :NoNo:

God knows what trouble there would be if WE were treated like that when trying to leave our own country with a valid passport and visa. :rolleyes:

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 21:41
you are in a beautiful part of england, welcome and enjoy:)

Thank you steve.

Cheers

andy222
6th April 2012, 21:45
Hi andrew, yes dartmouth is just beautiful, im so happy to be here.

Cheers

Yes its a lovley place ann your very lucky. Just wacth Stephen dont put you in Dartmoor prison. :laugher::laugher::laugher:

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 21:55
Yes its a lovley place ann your very lucky. Just wacth Stephen dont put you in Dartmoor prison. :laugher::laugher::laugher:

Hehehe... yes, he wish me not to go home. he missed my cooking. i am now chief i house. hehehe. i cook for supper now prawns chili green and long beans with coconut milk. hmmm beautiful supper.

how is weather with you today? here very sunny.:)

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 21:58
Welcome to the UK Anna. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sorry to hear you were treated like a piece of :censored: from beginning to end. :NoNo:

God knows what trouble there would be if WE were treated like that when trying to leave our own country with a valid passport and visa. :rolleyes:

Oh, Yeah! Graham... hard for treating like this, but anyway it was a past, all i am thinking now. i am happy and safe. and stay together, sleep together in 1 bed.. HAPPY. it so perfect!!! i think for the next time of journey it will not be the same again, of what i've been comin through of my past journey.

andy222
6th April 2012, 21:58
After a bright start this morning it became overcast around lunchtime and stayed that way.:doh

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 22:03
Oh, never.. that so bad!! glad not had snowing with you at the moment. tomorrow it will be cloudy here and rain.

Steve.r
6th April 2012, 22:09
Welcome to the UK Ann,:Hellooo: and thank you for posting your experience of immigration.

Dartmout is a lovely place, been there many times. I am in Dorset so not really far away.

Have a great Easter with your husband.

andy222
6th April 2012, 22:10
Yes and its goodnight from me. I have work tomorrow too. 8 straight days at work.:doh.

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 22:17
Welcome to the UK Ann,:Hellooo: and thank you for posting your experience of immigration.

Dartmout is a lovely place, been there many times. I am in Dorset so not really far away.

Have a great Easter with your husband.

Thank you steve, and lovely easter with you and yours, when ever you spend here a holiday at moment ring my partner, he do a private water taxi.

cheers.

Ann1984
6th April 2012, 22:22
Yes and its goodnight from me. I have work tomorrow too. 8 straight days at work.:doh.

that is to bad andy, you working for 8 days and fighting the colds and freezing.

chieldave
7th April 2012, 01:49
thanks for sharing it Anna,,,enjoy every moment you spend together.....:)

Marie
7th April 2012, 02:02
Thanks Anna for the posts...we will learn from it....sorry to hear what you have been trough...now that you are there...all I can say is ENJOYYYYYYYY......