PDA

View Full Version : It's more POLITE in the PHILIPPINES

Maria B
5th April 2012, 08:55
International Survey Says....... and UK the third rudest country???:omg:

Maybe I haven't experience that yet eversince I came here in the UK...

and Philippines more POLITE? yes, must be due to our culture & tradition in w/c I observed it's been fading away like for example the "bless" or "mano po" .....Asking for blessing or "Mano Po" is done, when a child leaves the house, arrive at a house (whether parents or friends house as long as there is an adult there), when it gets dark or nearly evening, or when you go to a party and there are a lot of elders there, you have to go and kiss the hands one by one. Touching your head with the hands of the elderly while bowing or stooping down a bit is equivalent to kissing the hands of the elderly. BUT now I haven't seen it in the new generation but I've seen some generation are still practicing this kind of respect (still practice in my family). More youngters nowadays are too american.

I think this POLITE THING in the Phils is more for the tourist. Just an observation...like for example ME & HUBBY in the PHILs ~ taxi's or malls they always greet my husband "morning sir" no morning mam to me:Erm: They would help us in our luggage either airport, wharf....but if I'm travelling alone, no one will offer me a helping hand:bigcry::bigcry: Basically, I am more stress if I travel with my husband :icon_lol: as they see me I'm rich:Cuckoo: & would always say Mam add more for the taxi fare for the fam, will wait for u & look for u in the resort & offer u to take u back home & ask more & somehow piss u off if u are too kind & good to them. Somehow we wanted to be ourselves hanging out just the two of us like we have the freedom & enjoy every streets walking & exploring but these people just keep on pestering u. (sorry for the wordings). typical Filipino mentality ~ if u are with a foriegn, you are rich :Rasp: . That's why I'd rather travel with my husband, my bro & sis in where the family deals with them while myself & hubby enjoys the vacay.....

Anybody experience the same??? Spit it out!:ReadIt:

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/253935/news/nation/its-more-polite-in-phl-intl-survey-says?utm_source=GMANews&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=GMANewsTwitter

andy222
5th April 2012, 09:09
Totally agreee the phils is more polite.:xxgrinning--00xx3:. I have always been made welcome there.

joebloggs
5th April 2012, 10:55
yes the 'security' guy at the airport in the phils was very polite when he asked me what was in my pocket :rolleyes: and i took some english money out, he smiled as he took a £1 coin out of my hand and put it in his pocket.. never had that happen in the uk :D

people in the uk are just as polite as people in the phils, treat people how you would like to be treated :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maria B
5th April 2012, 11:03
people in the uk are just as polite as people in the phils, treat people how you would like to be treated :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Maria B
5th April 2012, 11:03
Totally agreee the phils is more polite.:xxgrinning--00xx3:. I have always been made welcome there.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

RickyR
5th April 2012, 11:08
I think in big cities, manners and being polite is dissapearing rapidly. I think in any big city in the world you have to be on the defensive because it seems everyone is out to scam you, rob you or hurt you.

I've been living in Muscat for 6 months now, and it's a very small country with a small population and it's taken me a while to learn to be 'friendly' again. The people are genuinely polite, everyone shakes hands as a matter of course, and people take the time to ask 'how you are?' whilst making eye contact and actually listening and commenting on your reply. I don't need to lock my car, lock my front door or have any real fears when I go out.

When I'm in rural Philippines or in fact rural England (Yorkshire villages, Northumberland, Somerset etc), I find that people are more polite, friendly and genuine. I think in most of the world you could say the same.