PDA

View Full Version : Squalor of the ‘stone age’ campsite by roundabout

Dedworth
4th April 2012, 08:45
A campsite set up by migrants near a roundabout has been compared to something “in the stone age”.

Known to nearby residents as the “roundabout people”, 11 jobless eastern Europeans have set up a shanty town in a roadside wood.

It has steadily grown in size and now has a dining tent, makeshift church and a dormitory under the trees.

Tarpaulin sheets hang from branches and sleeping bags and rubbish are scattered around the site, near Barnes Meadow roundabout by the A45 in Northampton.

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/285x214/312435_1.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/312435/Squalor-of-the-stone-age-campsite-by-roundabout

They should be deported

Terpe
4th April 2012, 09:08
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Just 20 mins from my house :yikes::yikes:

That Barnes Meadow roundabout is actually a huge one. The photo doesn't actually give the true scale of the surroundings.
It looks as though that 'camp' is actually located some way distant from the roundabout in the local woodland.
This roundabout is not in an urban area but it is a very busy interchange.

It's a very famous spot for 'traveller caravans' as well. Now that does cause havoc and a mess. I remember a couple of times that caravans were actually parked up on the roundabout itself.

grahamw48
4th April 2012, 10:38
Should be interesting when the Pikeys arrive to reclaim their site. :Erm:

I know what would happen if I, a British tax-paying citizen were to pitch my tent there. :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
4th April 2012, 14:15
Should be interesting when the Pikeys arrive to reclaim their site. :Erm:

Hmm ... ANOTHER "roundabout :cwm12:" way of staking their claim! :rolleyes:

stevie c
4th April 2012, 14:19
The only roundabout they should be allowed is a roundabout trip back to their country of birth :cwm23:

Terpe
4th April 2012, 14:29
The only roundabout they should be allowed is a roundabout trip back to their country of birth :cwm23:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Nicely put there Steve. Made me laugh:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
4th April 2012, 14:30
:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Nicely put there Steve. Made me laugh:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanks peter :D

Dedworth
4th April 2012, 15:02

Quite right and the same goes for the Irish pikeys

Iani
4th April 2012, 19:49
Stone age? Nah, Fred Flintstone's house looked way better than that.

imagine
4th April 2012, 21:58
i cant see zebadee or florence, and wheres dougle:Erm:

imagine
4th April 2012, 21:59
i cant see zebadee or florence, and wheres dougle:Erm:

:doh wrong roundabout :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terpe
5th April 2012, 06:40
:doh wrong roundabout :icon_lol::icon_lol:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/Magic_Roundabout_Schild_db.jpg/800px-Magic_Roundabout_Schild_db.jpg

RickyR
5th April 2012, 14:10
The present law doesn't work for these kind of problems. These people move in, they get served notice, eviction orders, etc, nothing happens. A legal fight ensues, they claim legal aid, eventually after much money and resources has been wasted they get moved on. It's cost the landowners and the government money.
There should be a quicker law to resolve these problems.

grahamw48
5th April 2012, 14:18
Just use it as a temporary pig manure storage site. :)

Dedworth
5th April 2012, 15:00
Just use it as a temporary pig manure storage site. :)

I'd use fire hoses and CS gas on them

PS Terpe - I like your pic of Swidons landmark roundabout (note Swindon Town ground in background) - I lived there for a couple of years and always chuckled at it's name and the fact that Swindon seemed to have more roundabouts per head of population than any other town in the UK.