PDA

View Full Version : Snow Fair!

Arthur Little
3rd April 2012, 20:18
There are lots of things that are not fair. But on this particular occasion, I'm referring to the great British climate. After experiencing one of the mildest months of March since records began - when temperatures in many parts of the country were higher than most of us have ever been accustomed to at that :yeahthat: time of year - the mercury suddenly plummeted to below zero :freezin: once more ... as April dawned.

Snow :cwm24: fell last night in Perth ... for the first time since January ... and - although it hasn't lain long on the pavements - the stuff dusts the distant hills ... like icing sugar on top of a cake. Leaden skies alternate with brilliant :sunshine: here. And, adding to this variation, we've had intermittent sleet showers driven by a chilly north easterly wind.

Leads me to wonder what it has been like elsewhere? :rolleyes:

Brr :36_1_26[1]: ... it's no' fair!

lastlid
3rd April 2012, 20:46
We, at work, called Aberdeen today, as we do every day and word came back that there was snow on the ground. But here right now it is certainly cooler than it has been for a while at about 4 degrees C.

imagine
3rd April 2012, 20:47
a little snow here through the night, my lawn is at the moment white ,

well summer was nice while it lasted :icon_lol:

Rosie1958
3rd April 2012, 20:50
Arthur, I thought of you and Imagine when I heard the news about the snow and I hope that you are managing to keep warm.:tea_cup5:

We had lots of sunshine in Cambridgeshire this morning, followed by torrential rain this afternoon. I believe that the temperature will be around 6c tomorrow but hopefully we will escape any snow :icon_sorry:

imagine
3rd April 2012, 21:06
im sick i got a virus :bigcry::bigcry:

Terpe
3rd April 2012, 21:50
I saw the news on TV and thought of you Arthur.
Very odd situation weatherwise must say :icon_lol:

stevewool
3rd April 2012, 21:51
i am glad i have not put the sledge away just yet:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
3rd April 2012, 22:38
Sunshine & showers here in Essex today

grahamw48
4th April 2012, 00:06
Wet and miserable here in York, and now very windy and cold. :cwm3:

There was quite a lot of snow on the North York Moors...according to the telly.

We're at the mercy of whichever direction the wind decides to blow from here in the UK. :rolleyes:

'Maritime Climate'.

Arthur Little
6th April 2012, 18:51
Arthur, I thought of you and Imagine when I heard the news about the snow and I hope that you are managing to keep warm.:tea_cup5:

That's really nice of you, Rosie, :thankyou: ...

Arthur Little
6th April 2012, 19:00
We had lots of sunshine in Cambridgeshire this morning, followed by torrential rain this afternoon. I believe that the temperature will be around 6c tomorrow but hopefully we will escape any snow :icon_sorry:

... and, fortunately, the conditions I'd mentioned earlier in the week, were short-lived - with temperatures returning to near average. :D

stevewool
6th April 2012, 19:01
the coldest day so far for me was wednesday, the wind and driving snow was so cold, had to go delivering that morning, just a terrible day, the only thought i had was aloha beach, that made me feel warm :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
6th April 2012, 19:03
Thank goodness I sell insulation. :D

sars_notd_virus
6th April 2012, 19:04
british weather:NoNo: ...pissing it down here in wiltshire yesterday but the sun showed up this morning:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th April 2012, 19:11
im sick i got a virus :bigcry::bigcry:

:bigcry:... that's a shame; :rolleyes: hopefully, you're feeling better by now, Stewart. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
7th April 2012, 08:59
Wednesday caught me out. Went to work without a jacket as I didn't expect to be so cold. Left Birmingham early morning, no snow but it was chillier than usual but thought it would warm up.

Driving past Telford and it started snowing :omg:. Never seen snow in April before and it was landing on the motorway and it was hard to know which lane to stay in. It all cleared by the evening when driving back.

stevewool
7th April 2012, 09:11
Wednesday caught me out. Went to work without a jacket as I didn't expect to be so cold. Left Birmingham early morning, no snow but it was chillier than usual but thought it would warm up.

Driving past Telford and it started snowing :omg:. Never seen snow in April before and it was landing on the motorway and it was hard to know which lane to stay in. It all cleared by the evening when driving back.

everyone drives past telford there is nothing there:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

mickcant
7th April 2012, 09:41
Saturday now, a dull and cold morning on the Isle of Wight:Cuckoo:
Mick.:)

grahamw48
7th April 2012, 09:44
Dull and overcast in York...bit like me...still waking up. :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
8th April 2012, 18:06
everyone drives past telford there is nothing there:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:I've never been into the town centre so I'll take your word for it:xxgrinning--00xx3: