PDA

View Full Version : Yes I did get thrown out of the CFO

ginapeterb
21st August 2005, 21:37
Pete, you naughty boy :P :D :D

Admin
22nd August 2005, 08:35
These bloody Filipino officials always have problems understanding our accents :rolleyes:

Good for you.

walesrob
22nd August 2005, 15:19
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Aug 21 2005, 09:37 PM
Pete, you naughty boy :P :D :D

Quoted post

Damn sorry guys I think I must've hit edit rather than reply and ended up modifying Petes funny posting, ..Pete if you get a chance can you repost the original wording to keep the thread intact...sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry...I'll await the visit from Mr Baseball Bat...sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry....
I must not modify Petes postings
I must not modify Petes postings..... :unsure:

Admin
23rd August 2005, 08:58
Proof if you need it he's Welsh :lol:

Now he makes my post look weird!!! :blink:

peterdavid
23rd August 2005, 09:59
Originally posted by admin@Aug 23 2005, 07:58 AM
Proof if you need it he's Welsh :lol:

Now he makes my post look weird!!! :blink:

Quoted post

How do you manage to edit some one else's post? I mean, technically. There's no edit function for some one else's post is there?

Yours,
the technical virgin.

Admin
23rd August 2005, 12:23
I gave him the function so he can edit out spam while I'm not around, but he's getting carried away. Too many sheep, not enough concentration :D

walesrob
23rd August 2005, 13:15
Originally posted by admin@Aug 23 2005, 12:23 PM
I gave him the function so he can edit out spam while I'm not around, but he's getting carried away. Too many sheep, not enough concentration :D

Quoted post

sheep!! where where!? baaaaaa baaaa

Admin
23rd August 2005, 20:46
While Elsa's away.....Dolly will play..... :lol:

ginapeterb
23rd August 2005, 23:12
Originally posted by walesrob@Aug 22 2005, 02:19 PM
Damn sorry guys I think I must've hit edit rather than reply and ended up modifying Petes funny posting, ..Pete if you get a chance can you repost the original wording to keep the thread intact...sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry...I'll await the visit from Mr Baseball Bat...sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry....
I must not modify Petes postings..... :unsure:

Quoted post

Rob is Elsa stopping you playing with your scale electrix again, how you manged to edit my original post, boggles the mind, but you did, I just wondered why there is a post up there that says "Pete you naughty boy" and then I must not modify Petes postings ??

Anyway, I wont throw all my toys out of the pram, just yet, I will just spat out my dummy for now, its not like me to get annoyed, I have a very slow fuse actually, but there are some things that get my goat, and the CFO is one of them, here is the picture again for those of you who have not only had this expererience but for those who have yet to sample the delights of the CFO at the Good Shepherd Convent, now let me set the scene ????

Cast your minds back to the 6th June 2005, you might remember, I show up at the Embassy for our 9am appointment, on the basis, its good to be early..and in plenty of time, we show up at around 08.30am, I am of course immedeatly told " Sorry sir we dont allow..f...British Citizens husbands and scumbags like you..in this Embassy !! "What Union Jack, not flying, you must be joking, we dont want that thing flying outside here, this is the British Embassy " "Whats your problem pal, what..you wanna coffee, no pal..there is no coffee here, go round the back, and buy a 10p cup..of arabic, with no milk, where do you think you are Pal ?? the Peninsular.

So you get the picture, of course its frigging hot on Makati Avenue at the best of times, but no hotter than when you have to stand outside for 3 hours in the morning, buggger off to have lunch and then come back at 1.30pm to start the whole process again, and just out of interest, where is the free information hand outs we were promised ? "British Citizens, should where possible be given full information handouts detailing the process for Filipino Citizens to leave the Philippines Islands as the spouses of foreign nationals" I doesnt say this folks, I just made it up, but it would be nice for the information to be available.

Is it available, you must be joking, ???

If I remember correctly, most of the guys I met on that day, like Sid from Newcastle, and Fred from Skelmersdale, had no idea that they had to go to the CFO, rimes with MFO, dont you think....or is it MFI...

I called the CFO at 2.25pm in the afternoon, expecting to find it at Quirino towers South Super Highway, was it there...."No sir, we do not process the certificate of completion of the battered wifes examinations here...you have to go to the Good Shepherd Convent in Quezon City, Sir..have a nice day..and get stuffed.

So..there you have it...one fine day..after a nice complimentary breakfast, of Dim Sum, or Hong Flong Dong, flied lice.

We set off for the Good Shepherd Convent now referred to as GSC, we were told that the seminar starts at 10.00am, this is of course a play on words, actually the pre-registration is at 10,00am, the actaully seminar starts at 1pm, although noone bothered to explain this.

Before you can register for the seminar, you must be in possession of the following:

2 x Passport photos.
1 x Passport with UK Visa entry clearance.
1 x NSO Marriage contract.
1 x Set of Marriage photos.
1 x Baptisimal Certificate.
1 x fee of 250 Pesos.

Once having got this together, you can register for the seminar, this is at 10.00am.

The foreign husbands, may wait for the Filipina spouse or fiancee outside on the wooden benches, that look like something out of a south sea island movie set.

However Foreign husbands and Fiances are not permitted to enter the GSC.

To get there is a complete and utter joke of course, first, you have to get a taxi from your hotel to Ayala Station, (stop it you lot..I can hear Rob and Paul LOL already)

Once having got to Ayala Station, you then cram into the LTR train going North, if you get lucky, its air conditioned, if not....tough titty, its hot inside, when you get to Cubao-Areneta, you exit the train, and go down the steps, again, its f....hot...your face is like a sweat bucket, your shirt is just about sticking to your skin, and guess what, the sweat has this habit, of crawling down the middle of your back, (yes I know you can feel it cant you boys) now you know how hot it is, once you get on the street, you have to try and get in a taxi, to go up to the GSC, the street is noisy, and hot, then it stinks, so youre not in a paticularly good mood at that point.

And when you get to the GSC, its on the wrong side of the road, so you have to cross the road, once having got inside, the GSC is a complete joke, you have to register with the security guard, and then, this is where my fun started,

Having gone into the GSC sadly we were about 3 minutes late, I tried of course several times to explain to the Girl at the registration desk, that it was Trafik ng trafik maam !!, sorry sir, you cannot enter the GSC you are late for the pre-registration, you have to come back on Thursday as we have a schedule to keep !!

I then got down on one bended knee and begged the girl to let us in, did it happen, no it didnt, I then started to get angry, well Sir you dont have the visa, and you must have that to come in, I explained that the passport was at the embassy, and that we could do the seminar, and then we could come back this afternoon and maybe pick it up, "no sir you cant do that, we have to have the passport here, and we have a schedule to keep.

So..its not going to happen is it, so i plead and plead, in the end another woman came up behind me and said

"Sir we do not allow foreign husbands in this place, as it is only for the applicants, well that got my goat...did that"

So I said "Shut up lady " "Dont make me angry, you wouldnt like me when I am angry" THE HULK.hehehehe

And thats it really, apart from being ejected by the guards, for calling the CFO people, "You lot belong in a f....museum"

Any comments welcome.

Admin
24th August 2005, 09:02
Maybe if you put on boot polish & dress up as a woman you may get in!!! :blink:

I know I'd be fooled........ :o

walesrob
24th August 2005, 10:12
After Elsa and I married last year, we spent time sorting out paperwork for her lost passport and wrong name on her birth certificate (its a long story, but I wont go into it here), and this was a VERY frustrating process. It involved going from one office to another, getting xerox copies of this & that, asking Tom and Jerry where to go for this or that, going back to the office, then being told to go to the other office in another town, then pay 50 pesos for that document, then go back to the other town to present this document, then being told, "but you have to get that done in Cebu, not here". Then waiting, waiting, and then being told, but no, you still need ....ARRRGHHHHHH SHUT UP. I'm quite well tempered and mannered, but at times, I was verging on losing it.

ginapeterb
24th August 2005, 17:38
Originally posted by walesrob@Aug 24 2005, 09:12 AM
After Elsa and I married last year, we spent time sorting out paperwork for her lost passport and wrong name on her birth certificate (its a long story, but I wont go into it here), and this was a VERY frustrating process. It involved going from one office to another, getting xerox copies of this & that, asking Tom and Jerry where to go for this or that, going back to the office, then being told to go to the other office in another town, then pay 50 pesos for that document, then go back to the other town to present this document, then being told, "but you have to get that done in Cebu, not here". Then waiting, waiting, and then being told, but no, you still need ....ARRRGHHHHHH SHUT UP. I'm quite well tempered and mannered, but at times, I was verging on losing it.

Quoted post

yes..policy sir...(and by the way...dont collect £200.00 when you pass go)

Admin
24th August 2005, 17:47
Wear dark glasses, get a white stick, and borrow a dog.....they'll have to let you in then, otherwise it's discrimination....... :rolleyes:

Joey
25th August 2005, 13:10
My wife's birth certificate was lost in a typhoon. So, she had her mom go get one recreated. It spelled her name wrong, and had the wrong birthdate. We ran all the paperwork to match it, thereby avoiding those delays. She recently got citizenship, and decided to get all that stuff fixed. Her mom had the birth certificate redone with the correct info, and she used it to get everything corrected as she went along. I can't imagine the hassle we avoided.

Admin
25th August 2005, 18:08
My wife's birth certificate was lost in a typhoon
It's only a small aeroplane, she probably didn't look properly :P