PDA

View Full Version : Rashes on my arms!!!

raynaputi
27th March 2012, 16:08
Keith and I were sunbathing today in the garden while the electricians are rewiring the electric..when we got in the house, I noticed big red patches around my arms.. :omg: I know it's not sunburn coz it's itchy! :doh It's only in my arms though..not sure about my face coz I haven't looked at the mirror yet..:NoNo:

KeithD
27th March 2012, 16:23
Maybe they are bacon rashes :hubbahubba:

Arthur Little
27th March 2012, 16:31
Maybe they are bacon rashes :hubbahubba:

:D ... rash promises??

sars_notd_virus
27th March 2012, 17:36
Keith and I were sunbathing today in the garden while the electricians are rewiring the electric..when we got in the house, I noticed big red patches around my arms.. :omg: I know it's not sunburn coz it's itchy! :doh It's only in my arms though..not sure about my face coz I haven't looked at the mirror yet..:NoNo:

try body lotion with aloe vera:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hawk
27th March 2012, 17:58
least rash only on your arms :laugher:try calomine lotion

stevie c
27th March 2012, 18:15
Don't be to rash :icon_lol:

probably some kind of heat rash

KeithD
27th March 2012, 19:17
http://www.medicinenet.com/heat_rash/article.htm

It'll be a the creams she uses blocking her pores. Why do they use so many? :crazy:

imagine
27th March 2012, 19:38
did you have your arms on the grass , that can do it

lastlid
27th March 2012, 19:41
Maybe ant bites.....:omg:

stevie c
27th March 2012, 19:45
http://www.medicinenet.com/heat_rash/article.htm

It'll be a the creams she uses blocking her pores. Why do they use so many? :crazy:

thats a good question my wife is exactly the same when it comes to creams :Erm:

raynaputi
27th March 2012, 19:48
The cream I use are just regular lotions (Vaseline/Nivea) and not whitening ones..it's the first time this happened so how come the lotions I use would cause that when I've used it for years..

stevie c
27th March 2012, 19:56
Hi rayna My Flor doesn't use whitening creams as she knows i like her dark complextion....What she does do is put plenty of oil of olay lotion on morning & night whether it helps her skin i can't say to me her skin is the same as when i first met her. But she seems to think it helps so that keeps her happy :D

raynaputi
27th March 2012, 20:03
I regularly use moisturizer for my face and lotion to my body to not make my skin dry because the weather here is too cold for me..but I'm just wondering why a certain reaction now that it's sunny here when in the Philippines, it's always sunny and way hotter..I even usually sunbathe when I go to the beach during summer (and I do turn red coz of the sunburn all the time)..it's just weird for me..hahaha...:icon_lol: my face is a bit itchy now too and i got rashes on my legs now too..plus I can feel the heat thru my skin...waaaahhhhh :bigcry:

alanmf1
27th March 2012, 20:05
Keith's Aftershave........:doh

raynaputi
27th March 2012, 20:07
probably Keith put something on the grass and soil in the garden!!!:omg: we were doing some gardening earlier :doh :cwm23: :Rasp:

lastlid
27th March 2012, 20:45
Can also be a reaction to certain plants / weeds.

I am allergic to grass pollen.

KeithD
27th March 2012, 21:38
Keith's Aftershave........:doh

It'd just be her lips burning if that was the case :omg::omg::omg:

joebloggs
27th March 2012, 21:38
probably Keith put something on the grass and soil in the garden!!!:omg: we were doing some gardening earlier :doh :cwm23: :Rasp:

:yikes: he should use the toilet like everyone else :action-smiley-081:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

you could try this :rolleyes:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SY8i33VePu0/TWa2O0J5HII/AAAAAAAABDc/X7Lk4lu8rgM/s1600/Egyptian+Magic+Cream1.jpg

Rosie1958
27th March 2012, 21:39
Poor Rayna :yikes: ........ I hope that you find some relief and that your rashes disappear soon. I also hope that you are not allergic to Keith! :Cuckoo:

hawk
27th March 2012, 21:50
i had a reaction to soap washing liquid as some can have reaction have you changed to a product you not used be4 even soap powder will do same 2

Moy
27th March 2012, 21:51
i got probs as well when i eat foods dust with sugar../granulated..caster..igot itch on my skin ..:doh and on my legs..:cwm3:

Loidaseminiano
27th March 2012, 21:56
Hi Rayna i have that same rashes on my arms and this is my first time to have a rushes and i got this last week its very itchy and so getting red and swell it started spreading on my other hands as well i have no idea where i got this rushes as i know i went to sit at the garden under the sun last week, i am so concerned and worried as i am pregnant so i went to see my doctor today and she prescribe me this betnovate cream and Dermoil cream hope its work for me.

Loida:)

raynaputi
27th March 2012, 22:05
:Erm: I think I'm just overreacting..:cwm24: I just had a bath and saw the red spots on my arms, legs and face...well it's not spots now, half of my arms, my front legs and the back of my knees, and my face are red..and the parts covered with clothes aren't red..:omg: the electricians were here the whole day and most of that time, Keith and I were at the garden and sun bathing and gardening, without me putting on any sunblock..I turn this red (as shown in the photo) everytime I have sunburn..I'm kinda like this now..well not that too red, but the difference is some part of the red are like dots..hahaha..:icon_lol: anyway, thanks for all the concern guys..I just probably need to put some sunburn cream on it..any tips what I can use? :D my face is the one that's itchy now and the arms and legs feels just warm..:D

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l286/raynaputi/stuffs/IMG_0182.jpg

lastlid
27th March 2012, 22:05
i had a reaction to soap washing liquid as some can have reaction have you changed to a product you not used be4 even soap powder will do same 2

Yes. Both my kids react to most washing powders except Bold (not joking).

raynaputi
27th March 2012, 22:18
Well the products I use are the same as the ones I used in the Philippines, lotion, facial cream etc. I don't get any reaction to soap/washing powders coz after 5months now of being here, no allergic reaction happened..it's just this day I stayed outside the house most of the time..hahaha..:Rasp:

Steve.r
27th March 2012, 23:41
Maybe the reaction was to the sun here, I know it is hot in Phils, but maybe we have less protection here from the atmosphere so you reacted faster than normal.
:Erm:

lastlid
28th March 2012, 06:47
Maybe the reaction was to the sun here, I know it is hot in Phils, but maybe we have less protection here from the atmosphere so you reacted faster than normal.

Yes, or just being here for 5 / 6 months or so without exposure to sun, loses some of the natural protection you built up in the Philippines?

lastlid
28th March 2012, 07:05
..any tips what I can use? :D my face is the one that's itchy now and the arms and legs feels just warm..:D

Just a good quality high factor sun block. There is plenty of choice and that is the biggest problem so I would say stick with a quality brand. Maybe factor 30 or 50.

When my son was much younger we used to buy him a little suit to play on the beach etc on our holidays in Spain and Portugal to give him almost complete protection. Some of these suits can look quite smart but are expensive but aren't perhaps so good for adults so I am not suggesting them for you :D , but anyhow, they did the job. But sun block / sun screen will do the trick, not to be confused with suntan lotion.

I think we came to the conclusion that its best to steer clear of anything oily as your skin just frys in it like Kentucky Fried Chicken. :D

My ex wife was a scottish redhead and her and the sun never got on too well, she always ended up with red patches between her freckles :D, so we learned a lot along the way on sun protection. She stopped bothering trying to get a tan and just used sun block for protection.

hawk
28th March 2012, 08:29
when i got very bad sun burn i had to put calamine lotion on but i also used after sun lotion afterburn with lidakain the itching is the nerves reacting any pharmay will have it you could try a antistemine to help to

KeithD
28th March 2012, 10:02

We have more protection here due to the angle of the Sun coming through the atmosphere :)

lastlid
28th March 2012, 10:13
Ah but don't we have less ozone here so less protection.....something like that....

KeithD
28th March 2012, 10:48
Ah but don't we have less ozone here so less protection.....something like that....

Ozone is just fine over the UK ;) Parts of Australia can be without it certain times of the year though :yikes:

Doc Alan
28th March 2012, 11:00
Rayna and other members - now we know a little more about your rash, and it seems likely to be related to UVA sensitivity rather than anything else, I have deleted my previous suggestions and added a post to " Sunlight "D"ilemma " :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
28th March 2012, 11:45
well some of the red spots on my arms have been gone and the ones left are a bit itchy (although it's bearable)! :omg: the ones on my legs are still there..I've put on sunblock for my face though (prescribed by my derma in the Philippines and I brought it here)..so some must be sunburn..some must be rashes..:doh oh well :anerikke: at least it's solvable and not very serious..THANKS for all the advice guys & gals!!! :heartshape1:

fred
28th March 2012, 15:06
Thats good Rayna..Glad you didnt make any rash decisions.

grahamw48
28th March 2012, 16:02
Sounds like an allergic reaction to me. :)

Some chemical or other possibly, in the garden.

My ex came out in a really bad red rash after eating some Mussels...here in England.

lastlid
28th March 2012, 18:33
Sounds like an allergic reaction to me. :)

Some chemical or other possibly, in the garden.

My ex came out in a really bad red rash after eating some Mussels...here in England.

I came out in a humungous rash after eating fresh tuna on an oil rig a few years ago. Had to take antibiotics for it.

Doc Alan
28th March 2012, 22:29
Of course without actually seeing you I can only give an opinion, just like any other member. However, I don't think your rash has anything to do with heat, sweat or allergies. It is likely to be sensitivity to the UVA part of sunlight. The key to prevention is to use a good sunscreen, as outlined in the " Sunlight "D"ilemma " thread; protective clothing; and, even in the UK with this exceptionally sunny weather in March, avoid too much sun before it even reddens the skin :).

raynaputi
28th March 2012, 22:51
well these are the rashes on my arms..itchy but tolerable..

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l286/raynaputi/stuffs/2012-03-28-035.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l286/raynaputi/stuffs/2012-03-28-033.jpg

Doc Alan
28th March 2012, 23:23
...well these are the rashes on my arms..itchy but tolerable..

OK Rayna, it's UVA sensitivity in my opinion :).