PDA

View Full Version : Why go to Paris When You Can go to Blackpool?

lastlid
26th March 2012, 06:58
Yesterday, Mrs Lastlid and I concluded our trip to the mainland of the UK with a day out in sunny Blackpool, a cross between Manchester / Liverpool and Boracay with the Eiffel Tower thrown in. :D

To be honest, I enjoyed it. A gorgeous day of course and Blackpool have cleaned up their act environmentally. Yes, it is still a bit tacky but that can be easily filtered out. For Mrs Lastlid, it has been great after a long winter starting from when she arrived on October 1st. I think she enjoyed 20 degrees more than the 30 degrees or so that she has been used to back in Cavite.

She found it fascinating to see how the British public behave so differently when the sun comes out, as if sunshine was something special here, which of course it is....

( There has to be a potential Doc Alan thread here on the benefits of sunshine and vitamin D and mood enhancement )

joebloggs
26th March 2012, 07:38
because Paris is not full of drunk scousers :doh

thou in a couple more months the kids will be going to Blackpool most sunny Sundays :rolleyes:

Terpe
26th March 2012, 11:53
...She found it fascinating to see how the British public behave so differently when the sun comes out, as if sunshine was something special here, which of course it is....

My wife still finds it fascinating enough to comment even after her years in UK:icon_lol:

Terpe
26th March 2012, 11:55
Why go to Paris When You Can go to Blackpool?

There's no Louis Vuitton in Blackpool :NoNo:

stevewool
26th March 2012, 12:58
some how i cannot see boracay in blackpool, yes they begine with the letter b and thats it:yikes:

Arthur Little
26th March 2012, 13:53
:anerikke: ... at least they speak English in Blackpool - after a fashion! :D

Arthur Little
26th March 2012, 14:07
For Mrs Lastlid, it has been great after a long winter starting from when she arrived on October 1st. I think she enjoyed 20 degrees more than the 30 degrees or so that she has been used to back in Cavite.

:cwm24: ... WOW.. that is AMAZING!

She found it fascinating to see how the British public behave so differently when the sun comes out, as if sunshine was something special here, which of course it is....

... DEFINITELY :xxgrinning--00xx3: ...

( There has to be a potential Doc Alan thread here on the benefits of sunshine and vitamin D and mood enhancement )

... there's no doubt about it ... nice spell of warm :sunshine: is a wonderful tonic.

lastlid
26th March 2012, 18:05
There's no Louis Vuitton in Blackpool :NoNo:

I am sure I have seen a spot of generic Louis Vuitton there.....:D

lastlid
26th March 2012, 20:42
Blackpool Comedy Carpet.

Right at the foot of the tower.

http://www.google.com/search?q=blackpool+comedy+pavement&hl=en&rlz=1C1DVCJ_enGB404&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=RMVwT96GEcHA8QOQt5DADQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBIQ_AUoAQ&biw=1304&bih=707

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lin_kay/6334429324/lightbox/

andy222
26th March 2012, 22:00
Looks like you and Mrs Lastlid had a good tour mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:. As for Blackpool I dont think thereis much comparison with Boracay.:NoNo:

stevewool
26th March 2012, 22:10
did not see any donkeys in boracay, or rock, kiss me quick hats, sick on the ground, and big fat ladies, did not see any hen or stag parties too:yikes:

Doc Alan
26th March 2012, 22:13
OK Lastlid, see " Sunlight "D"ilemma " in Health Issues :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

lastlid
27th March 2012, 06:57
did not see any donkeys in boracay, or rock, kiss me quick hats, sick on the ground, and big fat ladies, did not see any hen or stag parties too:yikes:
:icon_lol:

lastlid
27th March 2012, 07:00
Looks like you and Mrs Lastlid had a good tour mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:. As for Blackpool I dont think thereis much comparison with Boracay.:NoNo:

STEVE : ....did not see any donkeys in boracay, or rock, kiss me quick hats, sick on the ground, and big fat ladies, did not see any hen or stag parties to

:icon_lol: Of course I would pick Boracay everytime. But I can still enjoy a good day out in Blackpool.

Arthur Little
27th March 2012, 11:13
:anerikke: ... on a day like today ... WHO NEEDS to go abroad?

joebloggs
27th March 2012, 13:11
:icon_lol: Of course I would pick Boracay everytime. But I can still enjoy a good day out in Blackpool.

you can't get a bag of fish & chips in Boracay :doh

lastlid
27th March 2012, 13:18
I had fish and chips in Boracay but it aint the same. They dont cook fish and chips in Boracay like they do in Blackpool. No Harry Ramsdens.

But they do have a Starbucks in Boracay.

joebloggs
27th March 2012, 13:24
also no sharks at Blackpool :xxgrinning--00xx3: the sewage would kill them :cwm24:

nearest thing to sharks are the loud mouth scousers :furious3:

lastlid
27th March 2012, 13:26
also no sharks at Blackpool :xxgrinning--00xx3: the sewage would kill them :cwm24:

nearest thing to sharks are the loud mouth scousers :furious3:

Aren't there sharks in the Sea Life aquarium in Blackpool? I havent been in so I aint too sure....

lastlid
27th March 2012, 13:28
....the sewage would kill them

Its my understanding that Blackpool and surrounding areas including Liverpool, has cleaned up its act?

Maybe not. Sun sea and banned......:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390956/Swim-peril-46-UK-beaches-warned-clean-up.html

joebloggs
27th March 2012, 13:35
i've been to the sea life a couple of times its ok, i think sewage overflows still go into the sea :Erm:

lastlid
27th March 2012, 13:38
i've been to the sea life a couple of times its ok, i think sewage overflows still go into the sea :Erm:

You are probably right. I just read the article on Sun sea and banned. Seems it was only last year that Blackpool has been warned again.....

lastlid
27th March 2012, 13:39
I wonder where Harry Ramsden gets his fish from? :icon_lol: