PDA

View Full Version : worst day of our life together

stevewool
24th March 2012, 17:18
Since myself and Emmahas been together in england life has been very good, not too many fall outs and when we are not together i miss her very much. On thursday evening our lives changed forever, i came home from work to find the most orrible thing you could ever imagined, the smell hit me first, ripe socks, but rip socks being cooked, thats what it smelt like then they came out the oven, brown or burn flat little crunchy smelly fish, my god how can something so small smell so bad, and then i was offered 1, do you want a divorce was my answer, my tea was ruined, the smell just hung thereall night long,now i know wha you all was on about, :NoNo:

grahamw48
24th March 2012, 17:21
:reaction:Ah....the horror of DRIED FISH . :D

Build her a nice 'dirty kitchen' down the end of the garden mate.

It may be the only way to marital bliss. Sod the neighbours. :)

joebloggs
24th March 2012, 17:22
i've had to put up with this for near 8yrs, not only the misses cooking but my stepson to :cwm24:, what makes it even worse i'm a veggy :vomit-smiley-011::action-smiley-082:

Terpe
24th March 2012, 17:25
I've gotten used to the smell.
Besides, if my wife wants to cook the dried fish, that's the time I will cook roast lamb and home made lamb kebabs.:hubbahubba:

My wife just cannot stand the smell of lamb. So eventually it's down to her motivation and craving levels. :icon_lol:

Steve.r
24th March 2012, 17:36
Last time I was in Phils we bought some shark from the local fisherman. When it was cooking Charie nearly blew chunks over the smell. Now this is a woman who's taste buds know no limits..... but shark just about reached them :icon_lol::icon_lol:

It was cooked in our garage room kitchen (Steve knows where that is) but the smell was horrific. Even the dogs wouldn't eat it. I think Graham's suggestion of a 'dirty cooker' (outside) is a great option to save your marriage Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
24th March 2012, 17:54
so down to the camp shop and get a small calor gaz cooker and a bowl from wilkinsons that should do the trick, yes your garage room kitchen , great memories steve:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
24th March 2012, 17:58
The smell lingers in the house for days, setup a nice garden kitchen .... preferably in someone else's gardena few miles away :D

subseastu
24th March 2012, 18:06
I've gotten used to the smell.
Besides, if my wife wants to cook the dried fish, that's the time I will cook roast lamb and home made lamb kebabs.:hubbahubba:

My wife just cannot stand the smell of lamb. So eventually it's down to her motivation and craving levels. :icon_lol:

Wierd my wife can't stand lamb either, says it tastes like armpits!!! The wife doesn't really cook dried fish when I'm home but when she does its the extractor hood on full, kitchen door shut, back door open.

KeithD
24th March 2012, 18:17
I just had a doner kebab for dinner :hubbahubba: .... wifey had chicken kebab as she doesn't like lamb :Erm: .... we have loads of them outside our front door :D

stevewool
24th March 2012, 18:28
you have loads of lamb kebabs outside your door:yikes:

Arthur Little
24th March 2012, 18:57
Since myself and Emmahas been together in england life has been very good, not too many fall outs and when we are not together i miss her very much. On thursday evening our lives changed forever, i came home from work to find the most orrible thing you could ever imagined, the smell hit me first, ripe socks, but ripe socks being cooked, thats what it smelt like then they came out the oven, brown or burn flat little crunchy smelly fish, my god how can something so small smell so bad, and then i was offered 1, do you want a divorce was my answer, my tea was ruined, the smell just hung thereall night long,now i know wha you all was on about, :NoNo:

Ahh ... never mind, mate ... "smelly socks" :readingpapers: is a small price to pay for an OTHERWISE idyllic partnership!:coeurtendre:

chieldave
2nd April 2012, 14:26
:icon_lol:...sounds like mostly husbands talking here,sorry to interrupt you guys,this conversation made me laugh...surely my hubby gonna experience this soon as well.....poor hubby of mine,wifey will be really craving for it surely:D...:Erm: just wondering if I could find dried fish(bulad) near at my hubby's place..gonna ask:D

lastlid
2nd April 2012, 14:33
I know what you mean by the smell. When my wife did the same the other month I thought it was one of the 240volt power sockets smouldering.....

tone
2nd April 2012, 15:15
Have to say we have had the same thing - the smelliest damn thing I have ever smelt... took days to clear our open plan lounge, diner and kitchen of the damn smell. The thought of it still makes me heave today!

Terpe
2nd April 2012, 16:16
Have to say we have had the same thing - the smelliest damn thing I have ever smelt... took days to clear our open plan lounge, diner and kitchen of the damn smell. The thought of it still makes me heave today!

It tastes just the same as the smell :NoNo:

stevewool
2nd April 2012, 20:17
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:, just readng what we all agree on

Terpe
2nd April 2012, 21:14
It tastes just the same as the smell :NoNo:

Bit like Durian, that tastes just as bad as it smell as well :vomit-smiley-011:

Moy
2nd April 2012, 21:25
durian the heavenly fruit:yikes::D:hubbahubba::D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AHrUCRhKy3U/TjUVqNhKD0I/AAAAAAAADRU/GHywYfiJi44/s1600/durian-lai-Durian-kutejensis.jpg

lastlid
2nd April 2012, 21:28
I am sure I have had Durian...or maybe I am confused with Jackfruit....It smelled sooo bad but tasted quite nice...

Moy
2nd April 2012, 21:42
love jackfruit as well yummy:hubbahubba::D

http://images.travelpod.com/users/beac/1.1231117620.jack-fruit.jpg

lastlid
2nd April 2012, 22:00
I have got some tinned jackfruit.....I will open it soon to see what it is like...:Erm: Its from Thailand. I am going to chill it in the fridge and eat some with carnation milk tomorrow night...

Moy
2nd April 2012, 22:39
I have got some tinned jackfruit.....I will open it soon to see what it is like...:Erm: Its from Thailand. I am going to chill it in the fridge and eat some with carnation milk tomorrow night...

am not sure of that carnation with jackfruit lastid lolz:icon_lol::D maybe a halo halo will do..mix with ube..banana..tapioca etc..will do but one thing am sure that will do on that jackfruit is this recipe..

Banana Turon is a typical Filipino snack made of banana, strip of jackfruit, wrapped in an eggroll and then fried. Due to the popularity of it, you can buy these in every street around the Metro. This is somewhat similar to Banana Spring Roll.

In case you want to know the recipe, here it is...

You will need:
* 4 pieces of Banana
* 8 pieces of Lumpia Wrappers
* 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
* 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
* Oil for frying
* Kitchen paper

Here's the easier way to cook it...

1. Peel and slice lengthwise each banana into two parts. Then wrap each sliced banana in a lumpia wrapper. Roll and fold the two ends.

2. Fry them in heated oil till they are golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Roll each piece in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Serve hot.
(the banana you need in this would be usually seen in asian shop call it saba:) na saging it lloks like this..

http://ilonggolivingincanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/DSC03532.jpg

grahamw48
2nd April 2012, 22:40
We used to have Durians growing on trees in the garden in Malaya when I lived there as a kid...with paper bags tied over them. (I was always fascinated about that). :Erm:

You could smell the things from inside the house, and I just assumed it was because they were going rotten. :icon_lol:

lastlid
2nd April 2012, 22:44
Thanks Moy. One thing I will never eat again is halo halo.....:D They sell it in jars at the Asian shop here. I originally tried it in Boracay and took an instant dislike to it. The steamed banana looks interesting though....

Moy
2nd April 2012, 22:56
:xxgrinning--00xx3: and i wont blaming you..hehehe..goodluck!! lolz:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
3rd April 2012, 13:31
Cant see what all the fuss is about!...I like dried fish and yes it smells but its not that bad!!!

Moy
3rd April 2012, 13:53
its all the mooning :yikes: in some stuff and bits between the english and pinoy i suppose lordna:Rasp::D hehe:icon_lol:

lastlid
3rd April 2012, 14:12
its all the mooning :yikes: in some stuff and bits between the english and pinoy i suppose lordna:Rasp::D hehe:icon_lol:

Mooning? :action-smiley-081:

stevie c
3rd April 2012, 14:18
Dried Fish :omg:
Wife cooks this & t makes the whole house smell even my neighbour commented on the smell :doh

Moy
3rd April 2012, 14:47
Mooning? :action-smiley-081:
or should i say complaining in other words:icon_lol::cwm24::Rasp:
haha:icon_lol:

Moy
3rd April 2012, 14:49
Dried Fish :omg:
Wife cooks this & t makes the whole house smell even my neighbour commented on the smell :doh

accept the facts:icon_lol::yikes: that dried fish is the part of being married to a pinay:laugher::laugher::Rasp::xxaction-smiley-047:Cuckoo:

stevie c
3rd April 2012, 14:51
or should i say complaining in other words:icon_lol::cwm24::Rasp:
haha:icon_lol:

Moy i think you mean moaning :D:xxaction-smiley-047

Moy
3rd April 2012, 15:06
Moy i think you mean moaning :D:xxaction-smiley-047

i think so stevie c:action-smiley-081::yikes::D whatever:laugher::ReadIt::olddude: