PDA

View Full Version : Is Lip Balm Addictive??

sars_notd_virus
16th March 2012, 10:53
I have the habit of putting lib balm on my lips for 6-8times a day and can consume a tube in a couple of months or less:omg:...is it addictive??

grahamw48
16th March 2012, 11:02
If it is on the lips of a beautiful and sexy young lady....YES. :D

sars_notd_virus
16th March 2012, 11:04
If it is on the lips of a beautiful and sexy young lady....YES. :D

no doubt !! lol:icon_lol:...do you always share lip balm with your lady @graham?

Vische
16th March 2012, 11:12
i don't know but i guess it becomes a mannerism cause my friend when she is so stress or nervous she always put lip balm so many times that you will notice, so we know if she is stress at work or nervous because of lip balm :icon_lol:

lastlid
16th March 2012, 11:23
Depends whats in the lip balm.....:D

Vische
16th March 2012, 11:26
Depends whats in the lip balm.....:D

yeah i like cherry or strawberry lip balm, but i had a habit of putting lip balm after i brush my teeth cause it really makes the lips smooth and kissable :icon_lol:

grahamw48
16th March 2012, 11:35
My lady is 7,000 miles away. :cwm3:

lastlid
16th March 2012, 12:03
I have the habit of putting lib balm on my lips for 6-8times a day and can consume a tube in a couple of months or less:omg:...is it addictive??

You arent supposed to eat it....:omg: :D

Doc Alan
16th March 2012, 19:49
Lip balm SHOULD be addictive, not just because it makes lips more kissable !
It’s often not realised that lips and tops of ears are both sites at risk for cancer caused by sun exposure. Balms are available which moisturise and also include a sun protection factor ( SPF ).
Sun, alcohol, tobacco, human papilloma virus (HPV), male gender, age over 40, and fair skin are the main risk factors for developing lip and other types of oral cancer, which are uncommon but not rare, and increasing in frequency.
Early lip cancers may have no symptoms. When symptoms are present, the most common finding is a sore ( ulcer ) that will not heal, usually on the lower lip. A biopsy may just show sun damaged skin, but that is an “ early warning “.
When diagnosed early, lip cancer has an excellent outlook and can usually be cured by surgical excision.

stevie c
16th March 2012, 20:03
yeah i like cherry or strawberry lip balm, but i had a habit of putting lip balm after i brush my teeth cause it really makes the lips smooth and kissable :icon_lol:

Try the E45 lip balm it is very good by all acounts

lastlid
16th March 2012, 21:19
Evidently there is such a thing as lip balm addiction....

It may not be as detrimental to your health as smoking a cigarette or taking drugs, but the cost of lip balm addiction is real, The Baltimore Sun reported.
Lip balm addicts spent more than $378 million last year, according to ACNielson Co.
“It’s been about 13 years, six months and two days,” said Kevin Crossman, of how long it has been since he last used lip balm. “I went cold turkey.”
Crossman is founder of Lip Balm Anonymous. There are other groups dedicated to the ‘illness,’ such as Facebook’s “I Think I’m Addicted to Lip Balm.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,446626,00.html#ixzz1pJSWPjCt

grahamw48
16th March 2012, 23:27
Fortunately the older you get the thinner your lips become...if left to nature. :)

sars_notd_virus
16th March 2012, 23:45
I just formed the habit of putting lip balm here in the UK, no mouth ulcer , not too over dry lips just scared of getting my lips so dry ...maybe am getting old.......brb,... Lip Balm:Bolt::D:Rasp:

Steve.r
16th March 2012, 23:49
If my lips get chaps on them, I start to worry :action-smiley-081:

sars_notd_virus
16th March 2012, 23:53
If my lips get chaps on them, I start to worry :action-smiley-081:

Oiiii!! Wot lips are you talking about steve??:Erm:...:icon_lol:

Vische
20th March 2012, 05:38
Try the E45 lip balm it is very good by all acounts

thanks :icon_lol: i also put petroleum jelly it makes the lips smooth :)

imagine
20th March 2012, 13:29
its not the Lip Balm thats Addictive, its the :tounges: and thats what gets them chapped,:laugher::laugher:

imagine
20th March 2012, 13:31
thanks :icon_lol: i also put petroleum jelly it makes the lips smooth :)

ah so when someone trys to kiss you, they just slide off:icon_lol: now thats protection :laugher::laugher:

Vische
21st March 2012, 05:57
ah so when someone trys to kiss you, they just slide off:icon_lol: now thats protection :laugher::laugher:

Ohhh :icon_lol: now maybe thats why i don't have a boyfriend hahaha :laugher: