PDA

View Full Version : A Gastronomic Feast at Tinderbox

Terpe
15th March 2012, 08:54
I've only ever been to the Tinderbox in Cebu once. I was invited there by a couple of American's living in Cebu.

I was very impressed at the time and we had a great with some great food. The place was full to bursting when I was there.

Anyway I just came by this write up and thought I share it here on the forum.

If you get to Cebu and are looking for a wonderful evening, maybe this would get your juices flowing.

A gastronomic feast at Tinderbox
By Honey Jarque Loop
March 15, 2012

Once in a while, everyone deserves a gastronomic treat. And what better way to enjoy an evening of excellence than to feast in a restaurant that has earned a reputation of showcasing the best in cuisine, ambiance and service?

Fine dining is not just about good food. It is about memorable experiences, attention to detail by the service staff, enjoyable conversation and sharing a wonderful meal with friends. The entire room is elegant, quiet and relaxing.

Recently, restaurateur Marlene Navarro Mondoñedo of Tinder box Cebu hosted an intimate sit-down, eight-course dinner for gourmet friends who take pleasure in savoring good food and excellent wine.

Guest Kathy Yao Santos of Happy Living paired their best California vintages with the haute-cuisine dishes prepared by chef Farah Tolentino Ylagan, who brings culinary artistry and expertise to private parties. Chef Farah trained at the Ecole Superieure de Cuisine Francaise and Centre European de Management Hotelier International and was honed by six years of work experience in the Paris culinary scene. Her style embodies the rich traditions of La Grande Cuisine and showcases her deep immersion in French culture

Chef Farah’s catering partner is chef Christ Bautista, who also trained in Paris at the Ecole Ritz Escoffier where he obtained his diploma in the Art of French Pastry.

The well-thought out meal started with hors d’oeuvres consisting of tomato risotto chorizo balls, cornets of salmon tartare and red onion crème fraiche. This was paired with the sweet Beringer Sparkling White Zinfandel.

Next came poached oysters three ways, cold with pommery mustard crème and gelee, with shallot and mignonette granite and white wine with saffron sauce and caviar.The wine served was Schramsberg Mirabell Brut. Interestingly loose pearls from chef Farah’s mom, former Ambassador to France Aurora Navarro Tolentino, were strategically placed around the dish.

Further captivating the palate was the coddled egg steamed in truffle brown butter, asparagus and prosciutto. This was paired with the top white wine Beringer Sbragia chardonnay 2006 Napa Valley Limited Release.

The first entrée was Palawan lobster with clams a la mariniere with grilled shiitake mushroom confit and baby lima beans. This was followed by seared rib-eye of US Angus with roasted garlic, potato puree and soy balsamic glaze paired with Cakebread Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon.

Just before dessert, Stilton, known as the king of cheese, was served with dried fruits poached in pinot noir, walnut and orange blossom honey. This was paired once again with Beringer Sparkling White Zinfandel.