PDA

View Full Version : Where do you stop

Sailor_JT
19th June 2007, 17:24
is there anything you would not give for your partners happiness, is there a line you're keen to draw, I'm interested to know how far you all think is enough.

As yet me an yolly have found no limits to what we feel we can give to each other seems the only guiding line is "will it make you smile" if the answer is yes then its fine.

I was once told loving is giving and giving without limits, no if's , no buts, no maybe's the only guide is will it make your love happy , if it does then you do it even if it hurts you, (I like this definition as if its a two way street seems you got it made)

joebloggs
19th June 2007, 19:30
yes if i had :REGamblMoney01HL1: i wouldn't give it to her, she would just spend it all and then we both be sad, if i keep it, she would just be sad :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger@tigress
19th June 2007, 21:19
is there anything you would not give for your partners happiness, is there a line you're keen to draw, I'm interested to know how far you all think is enough.
As yet me an yolly have found no limits to what we feel we can give to each other seems the only guiding line is "will it make you smile" if the answer is yes then its fine.
I was once told loving is giving and giving without limits, no if's , no buts, no maybe's the only guide is will it make your love happy , if it does then you do it even if it hurts you, (I like this definition as if its a two way street seems you got it made)

Yes its a two way street when stop the other one will follow :Brick::Brick:

KeithD
20th June 2007, 09:47
yes if i had :REGamblMoney01HL1: i wouldn't give it to her, she would just spend it all and then we both be sad, if i keep it, she would just be sad :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol:

Peanutz
22nd June 2007, 20:01

I would give everything...anything...but not to the extent of not having any left for myself ...:D

Sailor_JT
23rd June 2007, 10:07
Interesting to see views some think in financial terms others only in terms of giving anything to make their partner happy no matter what it is, for me peanutz it dont matter if i got nothing left as long as she is happy because her happiness is "everything" to me.

Peanutz
23rd June 2007, 10:34
Interesting to see views some think in financial terms others only in terms of giving anything to make their partner happy no matter what it is, for me peanutz it dont matter if i got nothing left as long as she is happy because her happiness is "everything" to me.

I was not saying only about money...What I mean is, I can love someone and give everything, anything for him but not to the extent of leaving nothing for myself , to be able to love someone you need to love yourself first and I am not saying only about money, there is a lot of things involve. Growing up together in a relationship is a matter of give and take, respect and of course love. But giving a thing even if hurts you is a broad context to discuss. What are the things that you will give even if hurts you? I am sure that when you do the right thing and your partner thinks the same and both agrees with it I think there is more happiness in that than giving something that hurts you, only one side is content. As a couple we are responsible of each other happiness, because we are one.

robeth
23rd June 2007, 10:37

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

its sad.

Sailor_JT
23rd June 2007, 11:10
Peanuts I realised you were not talking money, and see your points, for me knowing Yolly is happy makes me happy, no matter how we get there or what i do/give to make her so

Peanutz
23rd June 2007, 11:20
Peanuts I realised you were not talking money, and see your points, for me knowing Yolly is happy makes me happy, no matter how we get there or what i do/give to make her so

I am sure you and Yolly will live a happy life together, any relationship will grow when there is love, respect and understanding. There is no doubt that our happiness lies to that person that we love.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
24th June 2007, 03:37
no its not all about money, and as i've said before on here, maybe one day i'll tell our story, with sad music playing attached to the post :cwm24::bigcry:.was not an easy time at all for me and my wife for years, as for giving everything for her happiness, i've done that, was i right, were still together after 5 years of being married. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sailor_JT
24th June 2007, 10:37
Nice one Joe
Nothing thats worth it is ever easy and looks like you got the right thing in the end, well pleased for you guys.

joebloggs
24th June 2007, 20:06
where do you stop ? .. i suppose what would you give for your g/f or wifes happiness, their freedom ? like the old saying..

a beautiful bird should not be caged, open the door and set it free, see if it comes back to you.. :)

Mrs Daddy
24th June 2007, 20:46
where do you stop ? .. i suppose what would you give for your g/f or wifes happiness, their freedom ? like the old saying..

a beautiful bird should not be caged, open the door and set it free, see if it comes back to you.. :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: