PDA

View Full Version : We could have a logo

Amaw2008
6th March 2012, 16:25
Does anyone agree with this for an idea? We could have some kind of emblem which could be used for car stickers, t-shirts, ties and blazers, key rings etc, to show to the world and each other. We could get together with similar organisations and have a "Combined UK-Philippine Association". What are your thoughts, guys and girls?:)

grahamw48
6th March 2012, 16:30
Great idea ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gladz
6th March 2012, 16:36
That would be nice.:)

juvyjones28
6th March 2012, 16:39
sounds good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
6th March 2012, 17:40
Yeah why not, very good idea:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
6th March 2012, 17:42
Saeems good to me too:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I know I am proud to belong here.
Mick.:)

Amaw2008
7th March 2012, 16:21
It's great to have such a positive reponse. I propose that we declare the "UK-Philippine Association" with the forum mods as the committee and the rest of us as members, adding the word "combined" as and when other groups join. Are there some members with experience of art and graphic design? We need some ideas for an emblem. Once the emblem is decided upon, we need a volunteer to start the ball rolling, maybe just with car stickers and t-shirts to begin with. It would be difficult for me to do that as me and my assawa are both working and looking after two step-kids and a toddler. I think it would be fair for that volunteer to receive 5% of the purchase price of all of the items; it would make a nice sideline for someone with a bit of time to spare. Let's do it!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
8th March 2012, 19:19

grahamw48
8th March 2012, 19:25
Would FilipinoUK be better on the logo ? :Erm:

Not sure how much Keith would want in royalties. :D

lordna
8th March 2012, 19:34
Yes i agree graham ...but i had enough problems just trying to upload the image of the combined 2 flags. Perhaps FilipinoUK on top of the combined flags or maybe the web address www.filipino.co.uk....Just that!

grahamw48
8th March 2012, 19:42
I was replying to the OP's post above yours. ;)

Thanks for your input also. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
9th March 2012, 12:19
Does anyone agree with this for an idea? We could have some kind of emblem which could be used for car stickers, t-shirts, ties and blazers, key rings etc, to show to the world and each other. We could get together with similar organisations and have a "Combined UK-Philippine Association". What are your thoughts, guys and girls?:)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... what a BRILLIANT :idea: ... I am all FOR it!

lordna
9th March 2012, 17:04
OK, How about this for a logo?

Comments please?

lordna
9th March 2012, 17:30
Or maybe this one?

(ignore the grey block at the top...thats my bad editing!)
These are only rough drafts, just to see if anyone likes them or promote ideas from others?

lordna
13th March 2012, 18:34
A few people seemed to think this was a good idea, and so do i.......but nobody seems to want to comment on the two sample logo's (see previous). I would love some feedback, if only to say "i hate them" or anything please?

Or perhaps other members have some ideas they would like to add...or even describe and i will try and draw.

Arthur Little
13th March 2012, 19:08
A few people seemed to think this was a good idea, and so do i.......but nobody seems to want to comment on the two sample logo's (see previous). I would love some feedback, if only to say "i hate them" or anything please?

Or perhaps other members have some ideas they would like to add...or even describe and i will try and draw.

:rolleyes: How about a combination of our respective nations' flags ... but using the WHITE perimeter lines depicted on the actual British 'Union Jack' - instead of the paler shades of the navies and reds you've used - for the diagonal, perpendicular and horizontal outer borders???

Steve.r
13th March 2012, 19:50
Like this Arthur ?

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg188/Discusboy123/Bike%20Photos/filukflag.jpg

Dedworth
13th March 2012, 19:53
Some design experts on here :)

grahamw48
13th March 2012, 19:55
Like this Arthur ?

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg188/Discusboy123/Bike%20Photos/filukflag.jpg

I like it ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
13th March 2012, 19:57
Some design experts on here :)
I'm not that flash :icon_lol:

CAT
13th March 2012, 20:18
:xxgrinning--00xx3:I like the LOGO thing idea:Jump:

raynaputi
13th March 2012, 21:14
:Hellooo: Hi to all...

I'll just express my opinion on this..I hope no one would be offended..:D

Anyway, this thing that some of you are proposing (car stickers, banners, etc.) is a nice idea :xxgrinning--00xx3:..but the problem with this is it would cost money and time to be able to do that. The forum doesn't require members here to spend money, the forum runs from Keith's own pocket though and only get donations once in a while but that's not a requirement. Unless someone would be willing to shoulder the production cost of these, it's possible.

It's not that easy too to have a combined group and have a common association with other groups because we would require another set of admins/moderators for that and set of people to do the communications among these sets of organization..and as everyone here knows, running a group is not that easy. Not everybody has a lot of free time for handling a bigger and wider responsibilities just to maintain the association.

I don't want to discourage everyone, but I'm just saying the things that would make this difficult to achieve. I've seen Keith work on his 2 forums and his websites, and it's not that easy. Lots of things to do and whenever the servers break down, it's really a major problem for him.

These are just my opinion, Keith may have his own say on this though. But for me, it requires a lot of responsibilities and a great effort..and at the moment, it's quite impossible to do it.

:)

grahamw48
13th March 2012, 21:20
The anticipated and totally understandable response. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th March 2012, 22:36
Like this Arthur ?

:yeahthat: ... that is exactly the sort of design I had envisaged, Steve.

Steve.r
13th March 2012, 23:04
:Hellooo: Hi to all...

I'll just express my opinion on this..I hope no one would be offended..:D

Anyway, this thing that some of you are proposing (car stickers, banners, etc.) is a nice idea :xxgrinning--00xx3:..but the problem with this is it would cost money and time to be able to do that. The forum doesn't require members here to spend money, the forum runs from Keith's own pocket though and only get donations once in a while but that's not a requirement. Unless someone would be willing to shoulder the production cost of these, it's possible.

It's not that easy too to have a combined group and have a common association with other groups because we would require another set of admins/moderators for that and set of people to do the communications among these sets of organization..and as everyone here knows, running a group is not that easy. Not everybody has a lot of free time for handling a bigger and wider responsibilities just to maintain the association.

I don't want to discourage everyone, but I'm just saying the things that would make this difficult to achieve. I've seen Keith work on his 2 forums and his websites, and it's not that easy. Lots of things to do and whenever the servers break down, it's really a major problem for him.

These are just my opinion, Keith may have his own say on this though. But for me, it requires a lot of responsibilities and a great effort..and at the moment, it's quite impossible to do it.

:)

I agree Rayna,

I have been responsible for this type of thing before with a tropical fish forum. The setting up cost for the initial designs are a huge outlay and you never know if you are going to recover that spend. Even if you get lots of people interested, parting with that cash never comes easy and you are left with products that no one wants. Most of these places that can make these products also require a minimum number of items. Say for instance badges, car stickers, you are looking at 1000 items each. The cost just isnt worth it.

As for the logo, I just knocked it up quick in MS Paint, didn't take long. If people really wanted to have a logo for the forum (which would have to be approved by the Boss) and they wanted it placed on a shirt for example, then maybe we could work on a high quality printable image, which anyone can download and turn into one of those 'iron on' decals. Problem solved. :)

Arthur Little
13th March 2012, 23:13
:gp:s, Rayna ... I take on board what you're saying and I'm sure nobody will be offended. :nono-1-1: Although the notion has met with a degree of enthusiasm, REALISTICALLY, :iagree: such a concept would be likely to entail extra expense - which you and Keith can well do without at the start of your marriage.

If I may add ... you're both doing an EXCELLENT job in keeping this marvellous site afloat as it is. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: OK, donations ARE received - but then, these tend to come in dribs and drabs - in relatively small amounts.

Arthur Little
13th March 2012, 23:32
As for the logo, I just knocked it up quick in MS Paint, didn't take long. If people really wanted to have a logo for the forum (which would have to be approved by the Boss) and they wanted it placed on a shirt for example, then maybe we could work on a high quality printable image, which anyone can download and turn into one of those 'iron on' decals. Problem solved. :)

Yes ... those were really the lines I'd been thinking along too, Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
14th March 2012, 10:59
Like this Arthur ?

I must say i prefer this to my offering and i am sure it would be easier and cheaper to print. However, i think it may look better if the flag is slightly longer, like the philippines flag and put the wording WWW.FILIPINOUK.CO.UK or just FILIPINO.CO.UK through the central red stripe of the Union Jack right hand side. This will make the logo look more balanced...as in my second example.

So glad everyones taking an interest now. I note the comments about cost etc. Once a design has been agreed I will investigate costs locally and see what can be done. I can understand the obstacles but theres always a way if people really want it!

raynaputi
14th March 2012, 11:55
Just in case this would be pursued, please take note that we don't want to use other existing groups' logos. We all don't want to cause any copyright infringement or such related thing to occur. Research should be done about this too. And we need to wait for Keith's say about this since the forum's name would be used in this.

Amaw2008
18th March 2012, 21:10
I like Steve.r's design, and most members seem to like it as well. I agree with you Rayna that we should check carefully to make sure that there's no copyright infringement, but I think we can meet all of the challenges. The ball is pretty much in your court Keith, do we have your authority to go ahead?