PDA

View Full Version : (Philippine Embassy) Consular Outreach Mission - Norwich & Belfast

Bluebirdjones
6th March 2012, 14:19
... will be in Norwich this coming Saturday (10th March)
unsure of venue... anyone ????

... and in Belfast at the Belfast City Hospital from 21 to 22 April 2012
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/pgxxe

So, if you live in/near these areas and want to renew your passport, register your marriage, SSS benefits etc etc, then get yourself along there.

lastlid
6th March 2012, 14:23
They are doing a tour. Great. :D

On a serious note, I never knew about such a thing. Do they go around the UK in its entirity?

Bluebirdjones
6th March 2012, 14:31
A few locations a year I think, and they're often present at the major Fiestas.

I only got to know of it because I had to call the Embassy about a passport renewal, and the (very nice) lady wanted to know if I lived near Norwich... and I asked why .

lastlid
6th March 2012, 14:32
A few locations a year I think, and they're often present at the major Fiestas.

I only got to know of it because I had to call the Embassy about a passport renewal, and the (very nice) lady wanted to know if I lived near Norwich... and I asked why .

Okay. Good. Nice tipoff.

rusty
6th March 2012, 14:43
http://blog.adoborice.com/2012/01/philippine-embassy-advisory-consular.html

Venue for Norwich: Costessey Centre, Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk NR8 5AH

lykayu01
2nd April 2012, 08:49
hi everyone I live here now in Northern Ireland 15mins away from Belfast City i just arrived here 14th March ...im just curious about everything that me and my hubby might need to do in preparation for what so ever requirements in accordance with applying for ILR before my two years stay here ends so if anyone knows something that might help us please do thanks a lot :) and im aware that there is a handbook for preparation in taking the Life in UK exam do you know where to get it??? how much???? and where would i be getting that exam if im here from Northern Ireland as they say there is no Philippine Embassy here....???? im just so confused ... i just want to be prepared in everything even if its two years from now yet... thanks a lot hoping for loads of replies advices tips and etc... :):Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

lastlid
2nd April 2012, 09:06
hi everyone I live here now in Northern Ireland 15mins away from Belfast City i just arrived here 14th March ...im just curious about everything that me and my hubby might need to do in preparation for what so ever requirements in accordance with applying for ILR before my two years stay here ends so if anyone knows something that might help us please do thanks a lot :) and im aware that there is a handbook for preparation in taking the Life in UK exam do you know where to get it??? how much???? and where would i be getting that exam if im here from Northern Ireland as they say there is no Philippine Embassy here....???? im just so confused ... i just want to be prepared in everything even if its two years from now yet... thanks a lot hoping for loads of replies advices tips and etc... :):Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

The Philippine embassy has little to do with the Life in the UK test and ILR.

lastlid
2nd April 2012, 09:09
We got our Life in the UK Test books off ebay. A bit cheaper that way. Latest edition of course.

Also see...

http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

...and....

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/35647-Planning-to-take-the-Life-in-the-UK-Test?highlight=Life+in+UK+Test+books

lastlid
2nd April 2012, 09:34
Lykayu. Keep your eyes on releases from the UK government as they are about to make changes to ILR requirements. You may even hear about it on the tv. We don't know who exactly will be affected but further info is due to be released soon. They are planning to extend ILR from 2 to 5 years... for some people.....

lykayu01
3rd April 2012, 07:52
ahh ok so it means 5yrs to stay before taking the exam and applying for the ILR ok thanks much!!!!!!!!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

lastlid
3rd April 2012, 08:37
ahh ok so it means 5yrs to stay before taking the exam and applying for the ILR ok thanks much!!!!!!!!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Well, its looking that way. We dont know for sure. And we dont know exactly who. It is thought that if you have your Spouse visa already then you will be okay. But we just dont know yet.

Terpe
3rd April 2012, 09:29

No it does not mean that. :NoNo:
There are no changes made yet. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
The current rules still apply at the moment.
Fees have increased though from April 2012 :bigcry: