PDA

View Full Version : Brp

Moy
28th February 2012, 11:02
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/formsetm04200911.pdf

8. Give details when your fingerprints were taken

but i cant rem the details to when i have the last biometric but what am sure i rem it was the time when i apply the spouse visa back 2010 in Manila brittish embassy..:)

am totally confuse:cwm3::doh at the moment..anyone whose got idea of this new rule for BRP?:rolleyes:

lastlid
28th February 2012, 11:14
My wife applied for her spouse visa last september at VFS Manila. I don't remember her receiving a BRP. I need to check with her on that.

I do recall that she had biometrics taken / done.

lastlid
28th February 2012, 11:16
I thought at first this was another food posting with the title of Burp (Brp) :icon_lol:

Moy
28th February 2012, 11:23
aws lastid:yikes::icon_lol: biometric i mean..BRP same..they taken your fingerprints and facial scan..same process i suppose lolz:icon_lol:

raynaputi
28th February 2012, 11:33
Biometrics Residence Permit is a card given to you..But upon getting that card, you need to do that biometrics and facial recognition for your visa to be processed.

I've seen this link showing what it is but this is for Student Visas.. http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/fms/MRSite/psd/StudServ/aifs-int/Biometric%20Residence%20Permit%20Aug%2010.pdf ..I'm guessing it'll be the same for the spouses...

According to UKBA site: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/while-in-uk/do-i-need-brp/

A biometric residence permit is a card which holds:

- your biographic details (your name, and your date and place of birth); and
- your 'biometric information' (fingerprints and facial image).

It also shows your immigration status and your entitlements while you are in the UK.

Most categories of migrant must apply for a biometric residence permit if they apply for permission to extend their stay in the UK.

You cannot apply for a biometric residence permit unless you are applying to extend your stay in one of the categories listed under 'More information' below.

When you apply to extend your stay in the UK in one of these categories, you will use your application form to apply to extend your stay and to apply for a biometric residence permit. You will also need to enrol your biometric information with us.

rusty
28th February 2012, 11:38
When you apply at VFS you are required to give biometric details when applying, at the moment it was only when you applied for FLR in the UK that a permit was issued.

Looking at the new application form it does not ask a date just when, my answers would be.

8. when I applied for spouse visa, April 2010
9. VFS manila, Philippines
10. British Embassy, Manila

tone
28th February 2012, 12:39
Everyone who comes here has to have fingerprints and photos taken - but these details dont seem to make it here hence why we are required to do it again!
Maybe they think in the 18 months between spouse coming and ILR they think you will have changed your face and fingerprints?

Who knows maybe some scams have happened where this occured?

We put the same type of data in for the FLR (M) recently.

Tone

Moy
28th February 2012, 15:52
When you apply at VFS you are required to give biometric details when applying, at the moment it was only when you applied for FLR in the UK that a permit was issued.

Looking at the new application form it does not ask a date just when, my answers would be.

8. when I applied for spouse visa, April 2010
9. VFS manila, Philippines
10. British Embassy, Manila
that make sense rusty:) as this coming april my due to apply for ILR GOD SPEED:rolleyes: AND me and the husband is trying to sort this and gather inf of the said application if you know what i mean..and this new rule rule for ILR application with BRP mess us a bit..:cwm3: what i got is obvious biometric upon applying the spouse visa last 2010:)

Arthur Little
29th February 2012, 14:47
I thought at first this was another food posting with the title of Burp (Brp) :icon_lol:

Burp ...:hubbahubba: ... so did I!

lastlid
29th February 2012, 14:48
Burp....

Arthur Little
29th February 2012, 15:01
:yikes: ... I see - elsewhere on the forum - that the 'the B[U]RP is to increase to 400,000 people' ...

... :omg: ... that's almost the population of a city the size of Edinburgh!

It's enough to make you burp!

milesaway1113
29th February 2012, 15:57
I did have a biometric twice. In Manila and here when i applied for FLR(M).

Not every body have to have the Biometric ID Card. In my case i dont have one. I was worried when i get all my documents back and i didnt have the biometric ID card. So i phone them up and they get my detailed. After a day, i got this email from them....

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent telephone enquiry regarding your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

I have spoken with your caseworker who has confirmed that you will not be receiving a BRP.

Your leave to remain has been endorsed into your passport. I strongly advise that you check your passport, if you cannot find the vignette you will need to call 0870 606 7766.

lastlid
29th February 2012, 16:00
I did have a biometric twice. In Manila and here when i applied for FLR(spouse visa).

Not every body have to have the Biometric ID Card. In my case i dont have one. I was worried when i get all my documents back and i didnt have the biometric ID card. So i phone them up and they get my detailed. After a day, i got this email from them....

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent telephone enquiry regarding your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

I have spoken with your caseworker who has confirmed that you will not be receiving a BRP.

Your leave to remain has been endorsed into your passport. I strongly advise that you check your passport, if you cannot find the vignette you will need to call 0870 606 7766.

Interesting....I wonder why the difference of approach by the UKBA. Maybe some applicants are considered potentially dodgier than others and are required to have a BRP...

milesaway1113
29th February 2012, 16:09
Indeed!! i also wonder why... :)

lastlid
29th February 2012, 16:20
Indeed!!

Electronic tagging next....:D

Arthur Little
29th February 2012, 16:30
Electronic tagging next....:D

... quite! I may be wrong ... but, with the simpler devices used in the UK, I think wearers might only be required to "show a leg". :D

sars_notd_virus
29th February 2012, 17:29
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/formsetm04200911.pdf

8. Give details when your fingerprints were taken

Hello MOy are you on spouse settlement visa when you came here? that question is for the applicant who have their biometrics taken here via FLR visa , so i take it you should answer ''NO'' in question #1.Have you been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?

Moy
29th February 2012, 22:04
Hello MOy are you on spouse settlement visa when you came here? that question is for the applicant who have their biometrics taken here via FLR visa , so i take it you should answer ''NO'' in question #1.Have you been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?

i came here in the UK in a spouse visa..according to the website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...agments/60-brp..NOW im more confuse..lolz:D:icon_lol: to what i understand after they will receive my application this coming april..they will send me a letter to invite me to enroll my fingerprints and etc:D known as BRP:rolleyes:

lastlid
1st March 2012, 09:52
Moy, out of interest, have you taken the Life in the UK test yet. If so, how did you get on?

scottishbride
1st March 2012, 10:26
Right, base on my understanding all applicants who will apply ILR starting 29 Feb will need BRP. I have a sister in law due this month. She will use PEO and she came here as spouse visa. I will let you know guys what will be the outcome. She is booked 9th March 2012.

Terpe
1st March 2012, 10:44
...on my understanding all applicants who will apply ILR starting 29 Feb will need BRP.....

The new ILR SET(M) application form (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/formsetm04200911.pdf) also includes the application for biometrics residence permit. (section 6)

Moy
1st March 2012, 11:06
Moy, out of interest, have you taken the Life in the UK test yet. If so, how did you get on?
yes done it..and pass it as well..with the printed result on my hand:)

Moy
1st March 2012, 11:08
Right, base on my understanding all applicants who will apply ILR starting 29 Feb will need BRP. I have a sister in law due this month. She will use PEO and she came here as spouse visa. I will let you know guys what will be the outcome. She is booked 9th March 2012.

and i hope to hear a news from it scottish bride..as of now im really confuse again lolz..im due soon too somewhere on april and im still panicking:doh:censored::cwm3:

lastlid
1st March 2012, 11:46
yes done it..and pass it as well..with the printed result on my hand:)
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have to think of ways to drum up my wife's enthusiasm for this test.

Moy
1st March 2012, 13:36

when shes ready..shell be fine am sure of that:D dont pressure her unless she about to due on her ILR/FLR :D..:Rasp:

Moy
1st March 2012, 20:07
:yikes: ... I see - elsewhere on the forum - that the 'the B[U]RP is to increase to 400,000 people' ...

... :omg: ... that's almost the population of a city the size of Edinburgh!

It's enough to make you burp!

:laugher::omg:

tone
1st March 2012, 20:11

Tell her you will take her shopping when she has passed - I hope this works for you - seems to work for a few of us :icon_lol:

Moy
1st March 2012, 20:14
hmm shopping??:omg::D it absolutely dont work at me at all:doh:icon_lol:. a brand new 23 k gold bracelet will be sure a hit :hubbahubba::Rasp::D for a treat:icon_lol:

tone
1st March 2012, 20:19
Aha I did mean shopping in the context of clothes and personal items - not food or buying new kitchen appliances! :icon_lol:

What is it with Filipina's and Gold - Rina is always hinting at a new piece of jewelery and I just keep saying "Babe the stars in your eyes twinkle brighter than any diamond" and there is a lot to be said about natural beauty - but alas she doesnt buy it!

So maybe thats the motivator - Silver/Gold and sparkling stones....

lastlid
1st March 2012, 23:35
So maybe thats the motivator - Silver/Gold and sparkling stones....

. a brand new 23 k gold bracelet will be sure a hit for a treat

Brp

Moy
1st March 2012, 23:36
:icon_lol::laugher:

lastlid
2nd March 2012, 08:22
To be honest, my wife is one of a rare breed that can't be bribed with jewelry. However, she loves electronic gadgets.....so there's food for thought there.

Arthur Little
2nd March 2012, 16:27
To be honest, my wife is one of a rare breed that can't be bribed with jewelry.

:icon_lol: rare breed, indeed ... :yeahthat:!

However, she loves electronic gadgets.....so there's food for thought there.

:rolleyes: ... literally!

lastlid
2nd March 2012, 16:43
However, she loves electronic gadgets.....so there's food for thought there

Not a kitchen blender....:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
2nd March 2012, 16:46
Not a kitchen blender....:icon_lol:

Oh ... :cwm24: ... I thought it WAS!

lastlid
2nd March 2012, 16:48
Oh ... :cwm24: ... I thought it WAS!

I had that one knocked out of me by my first wife.........:icon_lol: :ReadIt:

No kitchen stuff or garden stuff etc etc for christmas or birthdays etc

Terpe
2nd March 2012, 17:20
To be honest, my wife is one of a rare breed that can't be bribed with jewelry. However, she loves electronic gadgets.....so there's food for thought there.

My wife is one of those non-rare breeds that can be easily bribed with jewelry, shoes, handbags gadgets and holidays etc etc etc.
But............that is always my pleasure as she is one of the most loving, honest, loyal, hard working, compassionate etc etc people I have ever met.

Oh, and by the way she has magic in her eyes and her smile :Cuckoo:

tone
2nd March 2012, 18:22
Motivators for Rina:-

Seafood
Jewelry
Clothes
Gadgets
Shoes
Boots
Hollister
Watches (Tag ones!!!)
Handbags
Travel

Demotivators:

NONE... bugger:doh

stevie c
2nd March 2012, 18:25

Yeah my wife loves electric gsdgets also cell phones,psp,ipods:)

What filipinos don't like electric gadgets? :D

Moy
2nd March 2012, 21:19
What filipinos don't like electric gadgets?

oh thats me :yikes::Dafraid stevie c

stevie c
2nd March 2012, 21:32
oh thats me :yikes::Dafraid stevie c

WOW :yikes: really Moy

Moy
2nd March 2012, 22:02
WOW :yikes: really Moy

200% YES:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

lastlid
2nd March 2012, 22:59
200% YES:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Yes, but you like kitchen gadgets and cameras....

Moy
2nd March 2012, 23:18
Yes, but you like kitchen gadgets and cameras....

nope...i like recyle stuff never had a brand new gadgets nor kitchen stuff in my whole life:yikes::icon_lol: and never i ask either..so basically the husband is so lucky to have me ..:cwm24::D:Rasp:

camera..im not a fan either..my camera is using film..and my phon is the 6210 from PH lolz..10 years old..in age..

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$%28KGrHqV,!h0E3PPLWCWfBN9mN9dcm!~~_35.JPG

lastlid
2nd March 2012, 23:21
How do you get such good pics of your food? Hubbys camera?

Moy
2nd March 2012, 23:26
How do you get such good pics of your food? Hubbys camera?

kids camera..:D

lastlid
3rd March 2012, 08:40
Ah, but you must be one of few forum members who's hubby has bought them a helicopter....:D

Moy
3rd March 2012, 20:44
:icon_lol::laugher::cwm24:

Dee31
5th March 2012, 00:17
I will let you know Moy. I am currently doing my ILR application. Will post this in tuesday. My understanding about BRP is same with Rayna. I will have to wait until they email me before I apply for BRP. But will call the Home Office tomorrow for further info. Wish me luck! <3

Moy
5th March 2012, 10:59
I will let you know Moy. I am currently doing my ILR application. Will post this in tuesday. My understanding about BRP is same with Rayna. I will have to wait until they email me before I apply for BRP. But will call the Home Office tomorrow for further info. Wish me luck! <3

that would be great help dee..im due this april but am not use the fix date to when i need to apply..ill post the date soon..i wish you luck..and maybe you could pm the requirements you have submitted :) if you got chance i know there is a guidelines am just curious of things..and everything to be honest:D:) and ill be waiting of your development regarding the latest new rule of ILR:Jump:

haree
8th May 2012, 16:28
Indeed its very true and I really encourage you about this idea. But still on thing is remaining that you must have to mention clearly all about the home appliances. This can attract to more users...

Arthur Little
8th May 2012, 17:35
Indeed its very true and I really encourage you about this idea. But still on thing is remaining that you must have to mention clearly all about the home appliances. This can attract to more users ...

:anerikke: ... it scarcely affects you one way or t'other - since you are no longer a forum user!