PDA

View Full Version : new biometric rule for ILR?

malditako
27th February 2012, 11:17
anyone have heard about it? someone told me it will take effect on 29th of this month.

rusty
27th February 2012, 12:24
Yes, there does seem to be new rules

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/60-brp

Biometric residence permits are being introduced for more immigration categories

14 February 2012

From Wednesday 29 February 2012, all applicants in the UK will need to obtain a biometric residence permit if they are applying to stay here for more than 6 months. This includes applicants for permission to settle here (known as 'indefinite leave to remain').
To obtain a permit, applicants will need to enrol their biometric information (fingerprints and facial image).
If you are applying in the UK on or after this date (whether applying by post, in person or online), you should use the correct application form. Please pay careful attention to the date shown on the cover of the application form.
If you are applying in person at one of our public enquiry offices under our premium service, and you have booked an appointment on or after 29 February, you must bring the correct form with you to avoid delay.

tone
27th February 2012, 12:28
We had to do this for Rina's FLR - its no big issue IMHO - went to a certain post office and 10 mins it was done.

Moy
27th February 2012, 14:51
To obtain a permit, applicants will need to enrol their biometric information (fingerprints and facial image).

how do we do this if will apply through post??:rolleyes: for ILR:)

Moy
27th February 2012, 14:53
We had to do this for Rina's FLR - its no big issue IMHO - went to a certain post office and 10 mins it was done.
AH SO ANY post office will do?? any requirement we need to show or bring along?:)

tone
27th February 2012, 16:29
Hiya
There are designated PO's that offer the service on behalf of the UKBA..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/enrol-biometric/post-office-biometric-enrolment/

This link shows the relevant PO that have the equipment to do it.

You have to take the letter you received from UKBA which has a specific reference number and pay the £16.95 fee.

Tone

stevewool
27th February 2012, 16:41
Another way of getting money from us.next there will be a month tax

Bluebirdjones
27th February 2012, 16:59
This seems crazy.

My wife has just received her ILR, and she had to return her biometrics card as part of the process.

I can understand the rationale of all extended stayers having a valid biometrics card, but why take them away from people (on FLR) who already had one ????

I'm assuming that if you apply from March 2012, then they'll return your biometrics card to you ... or is that too simple ?

stevie c
27th February 2012, 17:35
Hiya
There are designated PO's that offer the service on behalf of the UKBA..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/enrol-biometric/post-office-biometric-enrolment/

This link shows the relevant PO that have the equipment to do it.

You have to take the letter you received from UKBA which has a specific reference number and pay the £16.95 fee.

Tone

Hi Tone
Im a little confused here :Erm:
Florsel arrived here on a spouse visa in nov 2010 but what letter from ukba should she take to the post office for her biometrics card?

rusty
27th February 2012, 18:00
As at the moment there is not much information on the new rules, this is my interpretation

Now

Fiancée Visa

Get Fiancée visa
Get married
Apply FLR which includes biometric card
After 2 years apply ILR
Spouse visa

Get spouse visa
After 2 years apply ILR
Under new rules

Fiancée Visa

Get Fiancée visa
Get married
Apply FLR which includes biometric card
After 2 years apply ILR – as biometric card was already applied at FLR then no need to apply again
Spouse visa

Get spouse visa
After 2 years apply ILR which includes biometric card.
When they issue the new forms, then we will see how it is to be implemented.

stevie c
27th February 2012, 18:12
Thanks rusty :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Like you say we will have to wait to see the new forms

tone
27th February 2012, 18:28
Hi Tone
Im a little confused here :Erm:
Florsel arrived here on a spouse visa in nov 2010 but what letter from ukba should she take to the post office for her biometrics card?

Hi Steve
I have only done an FLR so has Florsel got at Biometric Resident Permit?

I am wondering if you need a BRP when you get the ILR? After all ILR is indefinate so would you need a BRP?

Hope someone can answer that!! :doh

Sorry I may have confused the issue

Tone

stevie c
27th February 2012, 18:33
Hi Tone
Im led to believe as Florsel arrived on a spouse visa her BRP is is the visa stamped in her passport. Maybe Joe or Terpe will be able to explain.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
27th February 2012, 18:49
I am wondering if you need a BRP when you get the ILR? After all ILR is indefinate so would you need a BRP?

Hope someone can answer that!! :doh

Up till now you did not need one but after 29 February 2012 you will need to obtain a BRP when applying for ILR. see post #2

stevie c
27th February 2012, 18:58
So if you are here already on a spouse visa wher would you obtain the BRP :Erm: & what docs would you need to obtain anBRP? :doh

Moy
27th February 2012, 21:22
:doh:NoNo: ARGGGGGGGGGGG now im so confuseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:angry::Erm:
i arrive on spouse visa and this april i have to apply for ILR :doh and im reading this post more confuse again;( any help:bigcry::Jump:

stevie c
27th February 2012, 21:27
:doh:NoNo: ARGGGGGGGGGGG now im so confuseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:angry::Erm:
i arrive on spouse visa and this april i have to apply for ILR :doh and im reading this post more confuse again;( any help:bigcry::Jump:

Moy you & me both :doh

scottishbride
27th February 2012, 21:33
Guys! I found this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(m)/ If you click on Set M. The biometric thing explain. Hope this will help. :)

Moy
27th February 2012, 22:05
i am still in big confusion:bigcry::cwm3:

Moy
27th February 2012, 22:06
Moy you & me both :doh

:NoNo::Wave:

stevie c
27th February 2012, 22:11
:NoNo::Wave:

Moy i am too :NoNo::doh:icon_lol:

lastlid
27th February 2012, 22:20
My interpretation is that my wife will need to get the biometrics done when she applies for ILR in 2013, if they havent altered the length before ILR and if they havent introduced an FLR for spouse visa holders.

I may be wrong but that's my take on it. Having said that, the new blurb on the UKBA website comes across as ambiguous, but heh, whats new?

I can't beleive that in mid term of my wife's spouse visa they want her to apply for a biometrics card and if so then I would expect them to contact her directly about it and not just bung a notice up on the UKBA website.

I might give the Isle of Man Immigration folk a buzz as they are at least contactable. I know the rules aren't always the same for the Isle of Man but generally if they aren't the same then they are similar.

raynaputi
27th February 2012, 22:25
After submitting your ILR application and you don't have a Biometric Residence Permit yet, they will send you an email (if applying by post) informing you that you need to get a schedule for the biometrics (when and where to do it) and they need that to continue processing your application. There are members here who already did that after they submitted their FLR applications. It'll be the same process for ILR.

raynaputi
27th February 2012, 22:28
My interpretation is that my wife will need to get the biometrics done when she applies for ILR in 2013

That's what I understand too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
27th February 2012, 22:30
I see. After looking at Scottishbrides latest link. It seems that this applies to new applicants for ILR and not an interim requirement for those on a Spouse visa.

lastlid
27th February 2012, 22:31
After submitting your ILR application and you don't have a Biometric Residence Permit yet, they will send you an email (if applying by post) informing you that you need to get a schedule for the biometrics (when and where to do it) and they need that to continue processing your application. There are members here who already did that after they submitted their FLR applications. It'll be the same process for ILR.

Ah. Good. Thanks Rayna. That makes sense.

stevie c
27th February 2012, 22:32

Thanks rayna i understand more now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
27th February 2012, 22:34
Thanks rayna i understand more now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Phew. I was sweating a bit there too, Steve.

stevie c
27th February 2012, 22:41
Phew. I was sweating a bit there too, Steve.

Yeah you & me both lastlid:NoNo:
I thought florsel would have to get the BRP before she applies for her ILR

Moy
27th February 2012, 22:46
Yeah you & me both lastlid:NoNo:
I thought florsel would have to get the BRP before she applies for her ILR
hold on ..what really does it mean..?? if you arrive in spouse visa..and say like me i have to apply for ILR this april..does it mean i dont need to apply for BRP..??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

raynaputi
27th February 2012, 22:55
hold on ..what really does it mean..?? if you arrive in spouse visa..and say like me i have to apply for ILR this april..does it mean i dont need to apply for BRP..??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

in the Set(M) form, just tick the "NO" box to the question asking if you have a BRP. Once your application is submitted, they would send you an email if your applying by post informing you when/where to do your biometrics. Then after you do that, they will continue to process your ILR application.

Moy
27th February 2012, 23:17
I HAVE BRP before when i applied spouse visa back home..PH:)

tone
28th February 2012, 12:10
As per usual confusion from UKBA - I cant believe under an ILR you would need a BRP at all - its senseless!

I suppose nothing new there!

scottishbride
28th February 2012, 17:09
Normally, Spouse visa already have BRP. I am glad I was due last year. They keep changing the rule. :dohThe forms is quite confusing.. I think it will be better to phone UKBA before you apply for ILR. Or maybe someone is due to apply this month can confirm this.

Terpe
28th February 2012, 17:47
Invitations for Biometrics to be taken will be sent after applications to remain in UK have been made.

In the case of ILR here is the new application form SET(M) (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/formsetm04200911.pdf)

For those who plan to apply ILR anytime soon maybe you want to print the form and reviews the content.

andy222
28th February 2012, 18:31
What? More confusion?

Moy
28th February 2012, 19:25
Invitations for Biometrics to be taken will be sent after applications to remain in UK have been made.

In the case of ILR here is the new application form SET(M) (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/formsetm04200911.pdf)

For those who plan to apply ILR anytime soon maybe you want to print the form and reviews the content.
how about the guidance note..?? is it still the same..sorry for intruding the converstion but i was on the middle of sorting stuff and this new rule arrive:(:cwm3::doh

Terpe
28th February 2012, 20:18
how about the guidance note..?? is it still the same..sorry for intruding the converstion but i was on the middle of sorting stuff and this new rule arrive:(:cwm3::doh

The guidance notes are still the same.

Take a look at these UKBA webpages which will help explain all:

Completing application form SET(M) (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(m)/)

Enrolling your biometric information (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying-in-uk/biometric)

sars_notd_virus
29th February 2012, 17:36
grrrrr another rip off !!....16.20 x 2= £32.40:doh

sars_notd_virus
29th February 2012, 17:37

I guess the biometric done in the Philippines is irrelevant or not compatible here in the uk

Moy
29th February 2012, 22:01
I guess the biometric done in the Philippines is irrelevant or not compatible here in the uk
am sorry ive given the inf sars:Erm::) what i mean is biometric where you enroll your fingerprints and a facial scan..if i rem:D..so its not BRP or burp i mean BRP:icon_lol::D..WHEN i applied the spouse visa years ago:Jump: