PDA

View Full Version : Now a Mrs. & will lodge a Spouse Visa application on 28th Feb!!! :-)

Derbyprincess
26th February 2012, 18:34
Hello everyone!!! :Hellooo:
I'm back, I know, it's been awhile lol! My husband and myself has been so busy. If I could recall it right, my last post was 2 months ago on a holiday with him here in the Philippines.

Well, just to give you guys a rough idea of what have I been doing..

Firstly, I'm now a proud, happy & very much contented Mrs of my lovely husband Mike. We got married on 6th December '11!:)

Secondly, I had to do everything after a month, eg. marriage certificate (NSO & local) & waited for ages because the local certificate came from Cainta, then I requested that I will be the one to register the copy to a provincial office which is located in Antipolo City. Again, I have to wait for 2 weeks until it will reach NSO Quezon City which is the main office for a final authentication.

Thank God after almost 2 months since the wedding, I got a copy from NSO, which, is a very vital document.

And it was really! :icon_lol: I did my IELTS general training module while waiting for it & when I got the authenticated marriage cert., I hurriedly applied for a renewal of passport (to change my civil status).

You guessed it right! It's another 2 weeks of processing though it's a fast track! 7 days the DFA claim excluding weekends of course but it really felt like eternity :yikes:

Oh I forgot, before DFA, I did a seminar for CFO SMEF office in Katipunan which was very convenient for me as I was close to the area. I got the certificate of attendance then brought it with me at the DFA.

So moving on, at last, I emailed VFS to book an appointment (I made sure mike's documents had arrived before doing so) & now, I'm anxiously waiting for Tuesday to turn up & lodge my application by the way I availed their VIP lounge service :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hope I'll make it this time again guys! I'll definitely let you know the outcome! Thanks for reading my bit & hope you are all doing well. :Wave:

Chel xx

juvyjones28
26th February 2012, 18:43
:meet-1: Hello Chel, welcome back! thanks for sharing your bit and goodluck to your upcoming visa application also congratulations on your recent wedding! :D Don't wanna dissapoint you but It seems the embassy is very busy now, we are like 5 on the forum that still waiting for the outcome of our spouse visa application. I hope yours won't take too long. Best wishes and GOD bless! :xxgrinning--00xx3::Wave:

bigmarco
26th February 2012, 18:50
Hi Chel and welcome back. Congratulations on your recent wedding. My wife submitted her spousal visa application on the 18th January and we haven't had any news yet. Things seem to be very slow at the moment but hopefully we'll hear soon.Good luck with your application.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Derbyprincess
26th February 2012, 19:03
:meet-1: Hello Chel, welcome back! thanks for sharing your bit and goodluck to your upcoming visa application also congratulations with your recent wedding! :D Don't wanna dissapoint you but It seems the embassy is very busy now, we are like 5 on the forum that still waiting for the outcome of our spouse visa application. I hope yours won't take too long. Best wishes and GOD bless! :xxgrinning--00xx3::Wave:

Thanks juvyjones28! :) yeah I think let's just keep our fingers crossed with this matter, no matter how quick or slow it will take them to decide, there's still an upside after all this, to be reunited with our beloved :Jump:

Personally, me & hubby don't mind at all if it's another month or even a couple, but of course we are wishing for the best! x

juvyjones28
26th February 2012, 19:06
Yes we don't mind waiting as well, I quite got used to it after 3 visa applications couple of years ago, my system got used to it now :icon_lol: Its just ofcourse we are hoping for the best and positive outcome, thats the important thing:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Derbyprincess
26th February 2012, 19:08
Hi Chel and welcome back. Congratulations on your recent wedding. My wife submitted her spousal visa application on the 18th January and we haven't had any news yet. Things seem to be very slow at the moment but hopefully we'll hear soon.Good luck with your application.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks bigmarco! :) I know, it's a bit frustrating isn't it? lol but what can we do but wait & don't lose the grip & faith that maybe after a day or two you will hear the excellent news from them!:Jump:

Good luck to you guys! & I'll just mention juvyjones28 as well.

Of course, we will all get there, to the instance we all look forward to! :)

CAT
26th February 2012, 19:11
:Wave: Chel...Belated congrats on your wedding and GOODLUCK :) to your application..for sure its a good news soon :Jump::Jump::Jump:

Derbyprincess
26th February 2012, 19:13
Yes we don't mind waiting as well, I quite got used to it after 3 visa applications couple of years ago, my system got used to it now :icon_lol: Its just ofcourse we are hoping for the best and positive outcome, thats the important thing:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's the spirit right there!! keep it up & Good luck really for all of us. I have been doing this UK visa thing since 2009 as well, from student, a tourist & now, wow a spouse to my beloved in which 3 years ago, I never dreamed of, or even thought of, honestly, but my life change its course & it's fate & love that brought us together so we'll just got to do this!! :icon_lol:

Derbyprincess
26th February 2012, 19:18
:Wave: Chel...Belated congrats on your wedding and GOODLUCK :) to your application..for sure its a good news soon :Jump::Jump::Jump:

haha thanks CAT! :icon_lol: you're very optimistic I like it! thanks again :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

juvyjones28
26th February 2012, 19:23
That's the spirit right there!! keep it up & Good luck really for all of us. I have been doing this UK visa thing since 2009 as well, from student, a tourist & now, wow a spouse to my beloved in which 3 years ago, I never dreamed of, or even thought of, honestly, but my life change its course & it's fate & love that brought us together so we'll just got to do this!! :icon_lol:

Hehe ofcourse gurl! We been there too, I was granted a tourist visa in 2009, went back to phil after 5 months, applied for student visa (denied), we tried again for tourist visa in 2010(denied again).. Its ashamed that the embassy people didn't give us the chance to be together again, but love conquers all so after all the hurdles we are here now patiently waiting for the spouse visa to live together forever :D goodluck to all of us!

lastlid
26th February 2012, 20:02
So moving on, at last, I emailed VFS to book an appointment (I made sure mike's documents had arrived before doing so) & now, I'm anxiously waiting for Tuesday to turn up & lodge my application by the way I availed their VIP lounge service :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hope I'll make it this time again guys! I'll definitely let you know the outcome! Thanks for reading my bit & hope you are all doing well. :Wave:

Chel xx

Nice one and good luck....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

iamghee
26th February 2012, 20:08
Hello everyone!!! :Hellooo:
I'm back, I know, it's been awhile lol! My husband and myself has been so busy. If I could recall it right, my last post was 2 months ago on a holiday with him here in the Philippines.

Well, just to give you guys a rough idea of what have I been doing..

Firstly, I'm now a proud, happy & very much contented Mrs of my lovely husband Mike. We got married on 6th December '11!:)

Secondly, I had to do everything after a month, eg. marriage certificate (NSO & local) & waited for ages because the local certificate came from Cainta, then I requested that I will be the one to register the copy to a provincial office which is located in Antipolo City. Again, I have to wait for 2 weeks until it will reach NSO Quezon City which is the main office for a final authentication.

Thank God after almost 2 months since the wedding, I got a copy from NSO, which, is a very vital document.

And it was really! :icon_lol: I did my IELTS general training module while waiting for it & when I got the authenticated marriage cert., I hurriedly applied for a renewal of passport (to change my civil status).

You guessed it right! It's another 2 weeks of processing though it's a fast track! 7 days the DFA claim excluding weekends of course but it really felt like eternity :yikes:

Oh I forgot, before DFA, I did a seminar for CFO SMEF office in Katipunan which was very convenient for me as I was close to the area. I got the certificate of attendance then brought it with me at the DFA.

Chel xx

The best of british to you Chel :) Keep us all posted here, God Bless you

Terpe
26th February 2012, 20:42
....Firstly, I'm now a proud, happy & very much contented Mrs of my lovely husband Mike. We got married on 6th December '11!

Very many congratulations to you both, and best wishes for your future together :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Chel xx

We all wish you very best of luck in you application. I'm sure all will be OK but no harm in crossing fingers. He he.
It seems that there is quite a wait these days before you hear anything, so try not to worry too much. Patience is needed.:rolleyes:

Arthur Little
26th February 2012, 23:39
:) Welcome back, Chel ... congratulations to you & Mike on your recent :wedtoss: ... and all the very best :xxgrinning--00xx3: with your Spousal Visa Application.

gladz
27th February 2012, 07:04
Hi chel. Goodluck in your visa application.

Derbyprincess
29th February 2012, 18:09
Thank you ladies & gentlemen!! x

grahamw48
1st March 2012, 00:01
Congratulations, and good luck to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Derbyprincess
1st March 2012, 06:39
thank you!! :)

Derbyprincess
6th March 2012, 05:08
thank you!! :)

hello everyone!! I got the news today at around 9am from ManilaVisa UKBA Manila Hub, saying that "your visa will be despatched shortly"..I opted for a courier delivery so I'm going to start waiting.. I'll let you know guys when :)

lastlid
6th March 2012, 08:06
hello everyone!! I got the news today at around 9am from ManilaVisa UKBA Manila Hub, saying that "your visa will be despatched shortly"..I opted for a courier delivery so I'm going to start waiting.. I'll let you know guys when :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Great news.

So how long was that? Just a week or so?

Terpe
6th March 2012, 08:21

Wow, that was fast :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Many congratulations to you both :Jump:

A message from UKBA saying the visa will be despatched , means just that :Jump:
Hooray, time for celebration.

iamghee
6th March 2012, 08:36
Wow you are so lucky. Keep us all posted derbyprincess ;)) we are all so happy for you.

grahamw48
6th March 2012, 10:17
Congratulations ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
6th March 2012, 10:20
Congrats!!:Jump:

juvyjones28
6th March 2012, 10:30
When did you lodged your application? Aww that was quick:xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump: congrats in advance :D

It's my 3rd week of waiting now but I still haven't heard anything about my visa application. :bigcry:

raynaputi
6th March 2012, 10:36
Congrats Derbyprincess! That's quick! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann1984
6th March 2012, 11:25
Congratulations Derbyprincess !!!

Cheers

Arthur Little
6th March 2012, 11:40
... "your visa will be despatched shortly"..

... heartiest Congratulations, Chel; :BouncyHappy: a quick, :Bolt: POSITIVE result!

Terpe
6th March 2012, 11:46
I wonder if it could mean that the 'backlog' and 'peak demand' has come to an end:Erm:

Let's hope so :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th March 2012, 12:06
I wonder if it could mean that the 'backlog' and 'peak demand' has come to an end :Erm:

That's exactly what I'd been wondering too !! :rolleyes: ...

Let's hope so :xxgrinning--00xx3:

... :iagree:.

lastlid
6th March 2012, 12:09
That's exactly what I'd been wondering too !! :rolleyes: ...

Yeah. Could be a whole bunch released just now / soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th March 2012, 12:44
Yeah. Could be a whole bunch released just now / soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If so ... then surely the Home Office could "take a leaf" out of the British Embassy's book, and put those agonising :23_111_9[1]: over 'Leave to Remain', out of THEIR misery ...

... particularly applicants who have endured months of frustration awaiting ILR. ;)

Derbyprincess
6th March 2012, 12:48
To lastlid, hello! thanks! it's exactly a week today! I know, it's unbelievable I am so very happy & so do my hubby! hooray! :Jump:

To Mod Terpe, thanks dear moderator! :) yeah, how come they have told me through email that it's actually a visa that I am waiting for? I thought you wouldn't know until you have it collected or delivered to your doorstep! :Erm:

iamghee, thanks sis!! I will do po definitely :)

juvyjones28, i lodged it on 28th feb sis.. don't lose your grip it will come po! just enjoy yourself & make the most of your time with the family :)

grahamw48, sars_notd_virus, raynaputi & Ann1984 my warmest & sincerest gratitude! this friendly & lovely forum has been with me faithfully & all your help plus all the other members, I will always treasure. I will continue to be of help as well :)

To the lovely mod Mr. Arthur, cheers it was indeed a positive & very quick! :Jump:

bigmarco
6th March 2012, 12:48
Congratulations Chel delighted for you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Derbyprincess
6th March 2012, 12:56
Congratulations Chel delighted for you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers bigmarco! :)

gladz
6th March 2012, 16:28
Congratulations chel.That was very quick:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

stevie c
6th March 2012, 17:54
Great news congratulations derbyprincess :Jump:

Derbyprincess
28th March 2012, 20:31
Thanks glade & Steve C :Hellooo:
I'm now enjoying the glorious sun of Derby with the lovely hubby & family ;-) x

Stevi
30th March 2012, 16:30
May I ask when did you app,ied your visa? I applied for Unmarried partner and settlement for my 2 kids last Feb 7 no news still o far:NoNo:

Stevi
30th March 2012, 16:34
Hi have you received your visa yet?:Wave:

Stevi
30th March 2012, 16:37
Hi have you received you visa yet? :Hellooo:

Stevi
30th March 2012, 16:40
Congratulations!!!!:hubbahubba: