PDA

View Full Version : Value for money

Admin
8th August 2005, 08:29
Most people (especially women :unsure: ) seem to take a suitcase full of stuff when they travel to Asia. Why? You need 2-3 changes of clothes and buy the rest out there where you find 100% designer gear much cheaper.

In Singapore the Asian designer house Giordano starts at £2 for a t-shirt, ££8 for good quality jeans. Even the designer gear you get in the UK can be must cheaper. I bought Fila t-shirts for £3 each, £20 over here.

Electronic goods aren't as cheap as they used to be, so you MUST haggle.

Anyone here want to quote a few comparisons with the Philippines?

walesrob
8th August 2005, 11:01
Originally posted by admin@Aug 8 2005, 08:29 AM
Most people (especially women :unsure: ) seem to take a suitcase full of stuff when they travel to Asia. Why? You need 2-3 changes of clothes and buy the rest out there where you find 100% designer gear much cheaper.

In Singapore the Asian designer house Giordano starts at £2 for a t-shirt, ££8 for good quality jeans. Even the designer gear you get in the UK can be must cheaper. I bought Fila t-shirts for £3 each, £20 over here.

Electronic goods aren't as cheap as they used to be, so you MUST haggle.

Anyone here want to quote a few comparisons with the Philippines?

Quoted post

I build computers, and I found that in Hong Kong the price for computer components are much cheaper than UK. For example Sony DVD-RW £35 at Ebuyer, and only £23 in HK. 12-in-1 card reader - £8.99 Ebuyer, £1.50 HK, and a 6GB Ipod, only £101 (I bought one in February and sold it for £149 on EBay) in HK. All these prices are from reputable brand name shops in HK. I would AVOID like the plague any small electrical shop along the Nathan Rd or Central - prices here are cheaper still, but its a big risk.

Elsa says that everything in Philippines is cheaper than UK. We looked at a new-build house at Palo in Leyte - 2 bedrooms, garage, roof-top terrace, only £5000 !!!! But this did not incude any finishing, like kitchens, bathrooms, so your buying the basic shell - but then its still cheap to buy kitchens, bathrooms, etc, especially in Provinces. Manila will always be 20% more expensive.

Admin
9th August 2005, 09:00
(I bought one in February and sold it for £149 on EBay)
Your as bad as me, I bring back the latest computer games and sell them on Ebay, usually make up to £10 on each.