PDA

View Full Version : Do I need of Copy of my Passport countersigned and my husband for my son application

ViesVies
18th February 2012, 13:41
Im in England now for 10 months and my husband and I are starting the proceedings of getting my 12 year old son visa ready for him to come and live with us here in the uk.

Can someone pls advise me does my husband and I have to send the all the pages (photocopy) of our passports including blank pages.If we have to do we have to get the passport countersigned i.e by the doctor,police or a priest because it doesn't say on the application.

What other tips/hints can someone give us for a smooth visa application for my son.Please any help would be really appreciated.

joebloggs
18th February 2012, 13:58
i would just get the front, the picture/detail pages and ones with entry/exit stamps on, find a solicitor who will do it for around £10 or less for each passport.

you need to show you have 'sole custody' and 'sole responsibility' for the child.

when was the last time you lived with your son ? 10 months ago, does he have contact with his father ?

ViesVies
18th February 2012, 14:20
thanks for the quick reply.

I have papers to show that I have sole custody and responsibility of my son (prior my coming here I have executed an affidavit from my lawyer the sole custody and responsibility and co - signed by the baranggay captain and councilors since they are the closest to me and known that in 12 years I provided him alone coz I was working then) ,the father is not shown on the birth certificate and no contact since birth.

The last time I lived with my son was 10months ago and keep in contact with him via skype and text messaging.

Before I applied my spouse visa me and my husband were completely given the wrong advice regarding my son coming.we soon found out we were given the at we could have been process the visa together.

joebloggs
18th February 2012, 15:30
if you can get a letter from his school teacher, headmaster, local priest, doctor ? stating you are responsible for all of the important issues in the child's life that will help.

for the school just mention that it was you who took him to school each day, paid his fees,
a letter from the local church would help showing you was responsible for the child's spiritual beliefs. one from his local doctor stating that it was you who took him for treatment for xx years,