PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going to Dubai

tone
6th February 2012, 19:24
Hi Guys
Quick one I hope - if I wanted to take Rina to Dubai what are the visa requirements?
I have a cousin there who will put us up and enough air miles on Virgin or Emirates for both of us - to get there and back and thinking of taking a 5 day trip to warmth!

Cheers

Tone

Terpe
6th February 2012, 19:58
Hi Guys
Quick one I hope - if I wanted to take Rina to Dubai what are the visa requirements?
I have a cousin there who will put us up and enough air miles on Virgin or Emirates for both of us - to get there and back and thinking of taking a 5 day trip to warmth!

Cheers

Tone

Hi Tone,

Here is a very good resource for visa information. (http://www.visahq.com/visas.php) and it can be used for citizens of all countries.

Just input to the drop-down menu's

The answer to your question is here. (http://united-arab-emirates.visahq.ph)

United Arab Emirates tourist visa is required for citizens of Philippines

Terpe
6th February 2012, 20:04
Here's another good resource for Philippine citizens that shows all those countries that can be entered without a visa:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Filipino_citizens

Makes very interesting reading.
I actually picked up this link from this forum

Englishman2010
6th February 2012, 20:18
Have a great trip Tone and Rina:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I've passed through Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Doha, Muscat ...etc dozens of times over the years whilst I've been in transit, but never stopped over as of yet. I'd be interested to know what you think when you get back as I've also got enough KLM or Emirates miles for a freebie return to Dubai and might make a long weekend of it later in the summer:Erm:

Englishman2010
6th February 2012, 20:22
While I think about it KLM/AF e-mailed me earlier to say they have a 30% extra miles promotion on at the moment. If you're short of a few thousand Flying Blue miles it's a good way of topping up.
25000 miles is usually enough for a return to the middle east if you can make the most of their monthly last minute 50% off deals:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
6th February 2012, 23:24
Thanks Chaps!

I want to do this on the quiet as a birthday present and we need to go before she gets too fat and can't walk so sooner rather than later is best I think..
Looks like I need to get my cousin to do a fair bit of work to host us though...

I've been to Dubai many times in transit but only once when the Icelandic cloud came down I got stuck in Dubai back in April 2010.

I'll have a poke on emirates and see if I can get a nice long weekend next month, only bloody issue is will we have the flaming passports back from the UKBA!! :cwm23:

Tone

Englishman2010
6th February 2012, 23:29
I've been to Dubai many times in transit but only once when the Icelandic cloud came down I got stuck in Dubai back in April 2010.

:cwm23:

Tone

What are you complaining about, that was a free holiday:icon_lol:

You're lucky getting stuck there, I was stuck at home for 8 days waiting for KLM to get me on another flight out of Birmingham:rolleyes:

tone
6th February 2012, 23:49
What are you complaining about, that was a free holiday:icon_lol:

You're lucky getting stuck there, I was stuck at home for 8 days waiting for KLM to get me on another flight out of Birmingham:rolleyes:

Hah yes it was although quite frustrating because no one knew when I would be back on a flight back to blighty!

I ended up going to South Africa for a week did some work down there and then got a lucky flight back to Dubai and then to Brum.
My boss was calling for me like you wouldn't believe she was pissed off I was having a laid back time!
3 days in Dubai was quite good though got to see some sights and the Premiere Inn wasn't so bad!