PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Visa do I need one?

songz777
4th February 2012, 16:18
Hello again, well I am planning my holiday to Cagayan de oro city in June, and noted this business about visas, so my question is as a UK citizen do i need to apply for a visa before I holiday there or do I just turn up and get a 2 week visitors visa or something like that?

many thanks John

rusty
4th February 2012, 16:50
as a UK passport holder you will be able to visit for 21 days without the need for a visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

songz777
4th February 2012, 17:29
as a UK passport holder you will be able to visit for 21 days without the need for a visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Many thanks Rusty :)
Appreciate your input, and help here.

Take care John

Englishman2010
4th February 2012, 18:38
As Rusty's said, as a British passport holder you will get a 21 day tourist visa on arrival. Have a great holiday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

When you leave the Phil's make sure you've got at least 750 Peso's on you at the airport for your Terminal Fee and exit tax or whatever they call it to justify it

lastlid
4th February 2012, 18:49
As Rusty's said, as a British passport holder you will get a 21 day tourist visa on arrival. Have a great holiday:

When you leave the Phil's make sure you've got at least 750 Peso's on you at the airport for your Terminal Fee and exit tax or whatever they call it to justify it

Ha. yes. I was unaware of that and had to return to the cash machine to get enough cash to pay the 750.....:icon_lol:

Englishman2010
4th February 2012, 18:52
Ha. yes. I was unaware of that :

Yes, me too on my first visit.....fortunately, I had already decided I was going back and had a few thousand peso's left on me that I was saving for my next visit

joebloggs
4th February 2012, 20:02
Yes, me too on my first visit.....fortunately, I had already decided I was going back and had a few thousand peso's left on me that I was saving for my next visit

6. Can a person bring in or take out of the country any amount of Philippine
currency?

A person may, without prior BSP approval, import or export, or bring in or take out
of the country, or electronically transfer, legal tender Philippine notes and coins,
checks, money orders or other bills of exchange drawn in pesos against banks
operating in the Philippines in amounts not exceeding P10,000.00. Prior
authorization from the BSP, through the International Operations Department, is
required for the export and import of Philippine currency exceeding P10,000.00.

7. Is there any restriction or limit in the amount of foreign currency that a
person may bring in or take out of the Philippines?

There is no restriction or limit on the amount of foreign currency that a person may
bring in or take out of the Philippines. However, any person bringing in or
taking out of the Philippines foreign currency, as well as other foreign
exchange-denominated bearer monetary instruments, (whereby title thereto
passes to another by endorsement, assignment or delivery), in excess of
US$10,000.00 or its equivalent must declare such fact in writing and furnish
information on the source and purpose of the transport of such currency or
monetary instruments using the prescribed Foreign Currency and Other
Foreign Exchange-Denominated Bearer Monetary Instruments Declaration Form.
The form is available at the Bureau of Customs desk in the arrival/departure areas of
all international airports and seaports. Failure to do so shall subject the violator to
sanctions, including confiscation of the foreign currency or monetary instruments
involved.

http://www.bsp.gov.ph/downloads/publications/faqs/fxregulations.pdf

Arthur Little
4th February 2012, 20:05
Yes, me too on my first visit.....

... and ME - on MY first visit - I'd to borrow Php 500 from Myrna's relatives [at Davao Intl] before airport officials would allow me to proceed to the Departure Lounge. :doh

joebloggs
4th February 2012, 20:11
... and ME - on MY first visit - I'd to borrow Php 500 from Myrna's relatives [at Davao Intl] before airport officials would allow me to proceed to the Departure Lounge. :doh

they let you in for free, but you have to pay to leave :icon_lol:

Terpe
4th February 2012, 20:25
Declaring cash when entering or leaving the UK (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/declaring-cash.htm)

Arthur Little
4th February 2012, 20:44
they let you in for free, but you have to pay to leave :icon_lol:

Exactly! I had just given away my last thousand peso :REGamblMoney01HL1: (or whatever it was) to the person who'd driven us to the airport from Tagum.

Needless to say :rolleyes: ... I was well~prepared second time around.

Englishman2010
4th February 2012, 21:37
Declaring cash when entering or leaving the UK (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/declaring-cash.htm)

Declaring cash when entering or leaving the UK

If you are arriving in the UK from a country outside the European Union (EU), or you're leaving the UK to travel directly to a country outside the EU, you must declare any cash of 10,000 euros or more (or its equivalent in other currencies) to customs officers.

I don;t know about others, but the chances of me carrying in excess of 10,000 Euros on my person is a billion to one....what sort of holidays do you think I have:icon_lol:

songz777
4th February 2012, 23:18
Thanks chaps for all your good advise I am in your debt :) take care John