PDA

View Full Version : Onward travel dates

gm47
12th June 2007, 21:50
As I said before I leave for Manila in Sept for 7 months, I believe that I have to have a booked departure date when I enter the Phils. Although my first visa is only going to be for the standard 21 days, is it ok for my departure date to be in April 2008 or do they expect the date of onward travel to fit in with the visa ??

Gerry

gm47
14th June 2007, 11:19
no-one have any experience of the above ???

LadyJ
15th June 2007, 15:37
I think as long you've got a return ticket to show you'll be fine.

Are you planning to extend your visa in Phils?

gm47
16th June 2007, 15:42
Are you planning to extend your visa in Phils?[/quote]

Will probably extend the first visa here in the UK before I go then extend every 2 months. That seems to be the norm.

andypaul
16th June 2007, 22:22
As I said before I leave for Manila in Sept for 7 months, I believe that I have to have a booked departure date when I enter the Phils. Although my first visa is only going to be for the standard 21 days, is it ok for my departure date to be in April 2008 or do they expect the date of onward travel to fit in with the visa ??

Gerry

I think it depends on the officer the first time i went i showed my tickets as i had read you should do. Not sure if she really wanted it, to tell you the truth was so tired and confused i was not taking any notice.

All other 4 times i don't think any have looked at my travel tickets, some have asked as general conversation but not asked for any proof that I was saying for less than 21 days.