PDA

View Full Version : Bride to exspected to stay home before wedding

chippy
1st August 2005, 16:33
please can someone tell me when getting married to filipino does the parents exspect her to stay home and not go out at night time even 2 months before the date ? any one know this is it a custom that they are exspected do that.

thanks all

Admin
1st August 2005, 20:05
It's not a custom, but they are probably just protecting her the best they can, and she shows good qualities by respecting their wishes.

Better than a woman who buggers off out every night, and turns up at 4am every morning, drunk, with her knickers hanging out of her handbag (This description has nothing in common with your average English lady :rolleyes: :lol: ).

chippy
1st August 2005, 20:31
thanks for you fun reply mate it was just somethink she was telling me today her parents want her to do.

Originally posted by admin@Aug 1 2005, 07:05 PM
It's not a custom, but they are probably just protecting her the best they can, and she shows good qualities by respecting their wishes.

Better than a woman who buggers off out every night, and turns up at 4am every morning, drunk, with her knickers hanging out of her handbag (This description has nothing in common with your average English lady :rolleyes: :lol: ).

Quoted post

peterdavid
2nd August 2005, 09:44
Originally posted by chippy@Aug 1 2005, 07:31 PM
thanks for you fun reply mate it was just somethink she was telling me today her parents want her to do.

Quoted post

Do her parents mean she can't go out with any one EXCEPT you, or are you included in the list of undesirables she can no longer consort with until the big day?

chippy
2nd August 2005, 13:18
Her parents say shes not allowed out at night on her own or with anyone soon and always ask her were she is going. she can go with me if i was there but they say its custom for her to stay at home until the wedding.

Originally posted by peterdavid@Aug 2 2005, 08:44 AM
Do her parents mean she can't go out with any one EXCEPT you, or are you included in the list of undesirables she can no longer consort with until the big day?

Quoted post

peterdavid
2nd August 2005, 14:18
Originally posted by chippy@Aug 2 2005, 12:18 PM
Her parents say shes not allowed out at night on her own or with anyone soon and always ask her were she is going. she can go with me if i was there but they say its custom for her to stay at home until the wedding.

Quoted post

Well, I wouldn't say it's exactly 'normal' - more the diktat of ultra-conservative parents, it seems to me. Does she live in a fairly remote area? My wife balked at the idea when she read this and commented "they must live in the province" ('Province' being that all-encapsulating filipino word meaning 'anywhere except Manila').

Doesn't sound like anything to worry about, unless you think your future in-laws are going to start becoming a nuisance and asking for a dowry or something (or even worse, regular payments for life to "help the family" after the wedding, after they "helped you" by making sure she didn't see any other men). In which case, grin and bear it, get her out of there and never look back.

chippy
2nd August 2005, 16:28
Thank for reply mate firstly i trust her 100% secondly yes her parents are sensative i know what it is now after speaking to her this is also listed on web site its more supastition i would say Altar-bound couples are accident-prone and therefore must avoid long drives before their wedding day. * * * but she dont drive and they still think somethink will happen to her. also mate she lives in cebu city.

Originally posted by peterdavid@Aug 2 2005, 01:18 PM
Well, I wouldn't say it's exactly 'normal' - more the diktat of ultra-conservative parents, it seems to me. Does she live in a fairly remote area? My wife balked at the idea when she read this and commented "they must live in the province" ('Province' being that all-encapsulating filipino word meaning 'anywhere except Manila').

Doesn't sound like anything to worry about, unless you think your future in-laws are going to start becoming a nuisance and asking for a dowry or something (or even worse, regular payments for life to "help the family" after the wedding, after they "helped you" by making sure she didn't see any other men). In which case, grin and bear it, get her out of there and never look back.

Quoted post

Admin
2nd August 2005, 16:48
I hope they realise their 'baby' no longer needs to be breast fed :blink: :lol:

ginapeterb
2nd August 2005, 18:24
Originally posted by admin@Aug 2 2005, 03:48 PM
I hope they realise their 'baby' no longer needs to be breast fed :blink: :lol:

Quoted post

hmmm well Chippy if her parents dont want her to go out..until tthe wedding, maybe they are protecting her for you mate...kind of sweet dont you think...I should have had a chaperone when I got to Manila to protect me from the Filipina hehehe

chippy
2nd August 2005, 19:38
I can just imgaine parents wanting to come on the honey moon so much for 2 in a bed.

Originally posted by ginapeterb@Aug 2 2005, 05:24 PM
hmmm well Chippy if her parents dont want her to go out..until tthe wedding, maybe they are protecting her for you mate...kind of sweet dont you think...I should have had a chaperone when I got to Manila to protect me from the Filipina hehehe

Quoted post

Admin
2nd August 2005, 21:29
Originally posted by chippy@Aug 2 2005, 06:38 PM
I can just imgaine parents wanting to come on the honey moon so much for 2 in a bed.

Quoted post

You don't have to get THAT close to the mother-in-law :lol:

peterdavid
3rd August 2005, 10:42
Originally posted by chippy@Aug 2 2005, 06:38 PM

Quoted post

I think you should pre-empt that and suggest she bring her sisters along instead of the parents. That way, they can help look after you both and her parents have the peace of mind that everything is in 'safe hands'. You come across as all selfless and thoughtful, and everyone's a winner....

Admin
3rd August 2005, 21:33
Can we cum as well? :lol:

chippy
4th August 2005, 01:41
Yes mate you can the more the better just one thing you have to pay your own airfair mate.

Originally posted by admin@Aug 3 2005, 08:33 PM
Can we cum as well? :lol:

Quoted post

Admin
4th August 2005, 09:17
No problem, I have my own plane :)

chippy
4th August 2005, 18:09
thats ok then mate perhaps i could hitch a lift free of charge

Originally posted by admin@Aug 4 2005, 08:17 AM
No problem, I have my own plane :)

Quoted post

Admin
4th August 2005, 19:00
I wouldn't take it over Afghanistan, don't trust those trigger happy Yankee pilots :P

allyzah
19th January 2006, 18:07
hi! although the question is some months older, just like to share my idea why her parents dont let her out until the wedding, its because some filipino's still have superstitious belief especially older people. so they will not let her go until the wedding cause older people thinks a person who is going to have the wedding soon is prone to accidents thats why they prefer her to stay at home until the wedding.

fred
2nd March 2006, 13:36
They dont want her to go out because they dont want to tempt fate.
They are obviously ecstatic that their daughter has hit the jackpot in falling for a foriegner and now they are keeping her in because they know full well that there will be lots of Filipinos that will find her more attractive because of ££££`s she will have in her foreign bank account in future years.
There are many English and American guys that marry Filipinas with no idea of the "other guy" back in Pinoy land..
Im sure that your girl has no intention of looking elsewhere but trust her parents instincts,as in this case they know exactly what they are doing..