PDA

View Full Version : Chris Huhne - Shopping for Brown Trousers This Weekend

Dedworth
3rd February 2012, 15:38
Chris Huhne has quit as energy secretary after learning he was to be charged with perverting the course of justice over a 2003 speeding case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16866127

Englishman2010
3rd February 2012, 16:01
Mr Huhne, Lib Dem MP for Eastleigh, said he was innocent but would stand down to "avoid distraction".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16866127

JT should have had the decency to do the same thing - they are both innocent until proven guilty;)

Dedworth
3rd February 2012, 16:34
Good riddance to limp wrister Huhne. He's responsible for a lot of energy bill inflation due to his backing of green and renewable nonsense.

Dangerous and delusional: Energy Secretary Chris Huhne's obsession with renewable energy will cost us billions
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/9000132/Chris-Huhne-is-piling-on-the-make-believe.html

I hope his replacement shows a bit more bottle in bringing the utility companies to book

KeithD
3rd February 2012, 16:42
Of course he's innocent .... our MP's are totally trustworthy and honest :rolleyes:

Dedworth
3rd February 2012, 16:59
Expenses info

As part of the Daily Telegraph investigation into expense claims by MPs, Huhne was reported to have claimed for various items including groceries, fluffy dusters and a trouser press. In 2006, he claimed £5,066 for painting work on his garden fences and chairs. He collected £119 for a mahogany Corby trouser press from John Lewis but later said he would repay the cost in order "to avoid controversy". He later claimed on a live Channel 4 news programme that he needed the trouser press to "look smart" for work.In June 2010, it was revealed that in the second half of 2009, a period after the expenses scandal news story became known, Huhne claimed £14,948 in expenses, including some minor amounts such as a bill of 14 pence for stationery. The claim also included costs incurred in servicing an old boiler at his constituency home.

Englishman2010
3rd February 2012, 17:24
The claim also included costs incurred in servicing an old boiler at his constituency home.

I thought he swung the other way:icon_lol:

KeithD
3rd February 2012, 18:05
I thought he swung the other way:icon_lol:

He probably wish he had with what the ex-wife has now done to him :D

mickcant
3rd February 2012, 18:29
Will wait the result and hope his lies are exposed:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

grahamw48
3rd February 2012, 19:10
Another cheating :censored: :angry:

Arthur Little
3rd February 2012, 19:20
Huhne? Shopping for *brown trousers?? I'd have thought he'd have plenty pairs of those already :rolleyes: ... since I'll bet he's crapping :action-smiley-081: himself a lot lately after revelations of his deceit ...

grahamw48
3rd February 2012, 19:23
They'll certainly be steaming of something when he takes them out of his blinkin trouser press. :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
3rd February 2012, 19:31
his deceit ...

Aye :rolleyes: ... it'll be the "Pryce of him!

grahamw48
3rd February 2012, 19:37
Resigned now.

Maximum sentence....LIFE. :D

Englishman2010
3rd February 2012, 19:39
Resigned now.

Maximum sentence....LIFE. :D

He can share a cell in the Scrubs with JT and Harry:icon_lol:

grahamw48
3rd February 2012, 19:53
Something will be pressing his trousers too. :Sex:

Dedworth
3rd February 2012, 19:58
Huhne? Shopping for *brown trousers?? I'd have thought he'd have plenty pairs of those already :rolleyes: ... since I'll bet he's crapping :action-smiley-081: himself a lot lately after revelations of his deceit ...

He's got the sneering arrogance that it wouldn't come to this, doesn't come over too well when you look at what he's got up to with his MP's expenses and there was a probe into allegations over his election expenses

tone
3rd February 2012, 23:54
Good riddance to him!
I too hope we see better policies out of DECC now too!